Wild Pollen or Herms?

• Thread starter Prestige
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prestige

Prestige

Okay, I have immature seeds in EVERYTHING, like almost every calyx is seeded, the entire room and I'm only about to hit week 5 of 12/12.

My question:

Could a herm really pollenate everything this... Effectively? I mean like EVERYTHING has tiny immature seeds in them and the larger buds have larger seeds in them.

There was recently a like 500,000 plant outdoor grow bust in my city. My spot is like pretty damn close to the mountains and wilderness (indoor) could pollen from this massive grow op from males that didn't get confiscated have pollenated my grow? Is there some fkrs around here growing males and shit? The neighbors?

What seems more plausible?

Should I relocate? This is the first run at the new spot, btw.

Advice/opinions wanted and needed.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Your sure it wasnt a herm in your own grow? And yes a herm can seed like that especially in a tent or room smaller grow

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Are you running anything new? You can see pollen on your leaf at least that's what a friend told me :oops::rolleyes: Have you checked really well for nanners those little bastards are creative like to hide if there's as many seeds as you say there most likely some evidence in the room

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Okay, I have immature seeds in EVERYTHING, like almost every calyx is seeded, the entire room and I'm only about to hit week 5 of 12/12.
Well, that's a good thing if you're doing seeds, they'll be nice and mature by the time it's ready to chop.
My question:

Could a herm really pollenate everything this... Effectively? I mean like EVERYTHING has tiny immature seeds in them and the larger buds have larger seeds in them.
Yes.
There was recently a like 500,000 plant outdoor grow bust in my city. My spot is like pretty damn close to the mountains and wilderness (indoor) could pollen from this massive grow op from males that didn't get confiscated have pollenated my grow? Is there some fkrs around here growing males and shit? The neighbors?

What seems more plausible?
A hermaphrodite seems far more plausible than the idea that someone's running a $500K grow show and letting males go to the point of pollination. I can't imagine a cash cropper/commercial grower making that kind of rookie mistake, just can't.
Should I relocate? This is the first run at the new spot, btw.

Advice/opinions wanted and needed.
If it's easy to move and that makes you feel better, then move. Otherwise, I'd say you've gotta keep a closer eye on your schtuffs. If you really think it was someone else's males (or hermies, another mistake I can't really see a commercial grower making) then add good filtration to your setup.

Dunge

Dunge

Hermy pollination is what it is.
You need to find the offending plant and cull.
Or watch it like a hawk next run.
I'd drop it.

Prestige

Prestige

No, a 500,000 plant operation got busted, outdoor. I'm wondering if they left any males behind that filled the air with pollen.

Prestige

Prestige

You guys are right; I do have a herm from a gifted clone. I just didn't know it could hit a whole room like that. Can't actually see any pollen anywhere, but I have pretty bad eyesight.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, a 500,000 plant operation got busted, outdoor. I'm wondering if they left any males behind that filled the air with pollen.
Then even less likely, IMO. Half a million plants is doing it Mexican-stylee, and to the best of my knowledge they don't fuck around with waiting for sex to show, they've got their shit dialed in, already know who the wimmin are and have no time for the menfolk.

Prestige

Prestige

Such a disappointment :\

Thanks for the help guys! I swear I am not incompetent, lol. I took a cut from a friend that was a straight-herm. Didn't realize it because it was like the pollen was inside of calyxes that has pistils coming out of it.

The stars aligned to royally fk me on this one.

Prestige

Prestige

I never had any of the typical noob problem, ever. With this grow I'm getting almost every problem in the book.

Just gotta start over and be very picky with what I let in my room.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. It's not a completely failed crop, it's just seeded with seeds you don't really want. So, EAT 'EM!

And if there's ever a next time, you'll be happy to know that misting prevents the pollen from 'taking' so to speak.

Prestige

Prestige

I thought I stress tested everything properly. Just incase, I'm going to try and put a filter on the intake.

Prestige

Prestige

Anyone have tips on decontaminating the room of pollen? I know they say to use bleach, but I dunno if I feel comfortable spraying bleach around, even with goggles on. Just doesn't sound like a good idea.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

You guys are right; I do have a herm from a gifted clone. I just didn't know it could hit a whole room like that. Can't actually see any pollen anywhere, but I have pretty bad eyesight.
the gifted clone that's why I asked if you're running anything new....if you look closely you'll see pollen on the fan leaf most likely it's all a learning process also I just Clean my room top to bottom breakdown clean circulating fans everything ....pretty standard every run. Water seems to do a number on pollen that's why misting was mentioned.

Prestige

Prestige

Thanks guys, looks like I'm starting over :\

Never had a problem with unintentional pollenation like this before. I mean, those little anthers or stigma or whatever you call them (the things that emerge from male bananas or balls) were hidden very well inside of the calyxes. I guess Mother Nature designed them to travel and pollenate effectively and there is no better designer than evolution, should have figured, but wanted to confirm with the Farm.

I dunno what I would do without you guys :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Anyone have tips on decontaminating the room of pollen? I know they say to use bleach, but I dunno if I feel comfortable spraying bleach around, even with goggles on. Just doesn't sound like a good idea.
Water's all you need, brother.

Prestige

Prestige

Okay, I'm gonna completely start over, I'm sure all the cuts I took got their fair share of pollen on them too.

Recommendations for good varieties from seed?

I ask, just so I can brighten my mood and have something to look forward to. All these problems have really dampened my enthusiasm and motivation. I feel like a complete noob, I have some explaining to do to some people. Anyways, the only thing that keeps me going is that I get to put-down new genetics and start all over again :)

I'm a big OG fan, btw.

Dunge

Dunge

Hold on there brother.
You don't need to trash cuttings even if they have "pollen all over them".
By the time flowers emerge it is unlikely the pollen will still be viable.
Pollen needs to be airborne to reach pistols and pollinate.

Top Bottom