Will a Plant Flower w/ 1hr on, 1hr off.

• Thread starter Stoner Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MEGA956

MEGA956

//1hr on 1hr off............ Really..... Is this a joke?

//Common-sense.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well Seamaden, I don't think I will ever get the opportunity to grow out doors as my neighbors probably wouldn't understand. ha, ha. What is your altitude. I am at just under 6,000 feet. A question, why grow outdoors when you are set up for indoors at altitude? I know you get much bigger plants/yield but you can turn a crop over faster indoors.
I'm at 2,500', and I am currently still beholden (i.e. paying through the NOSE) to PG&E. Combine that with the desire to have a life, battles with root aphids that cost me dearly, and the fact that I love the outdoors and prefer to be outside whenever I can, and it just makes too much sense. I love my weed, but I'm not married to it. I grow plenty to last me through the year as long as I can hold my water.

I could get into the environmental issues that are inherent with indoor growing, same as with reefkeeping (there are deeper moral issues with reefkeeping, IMO), but I'll keep those thoughts to myself. In the end, though, it's my responsibility to decide what I will contribute to and what I won't, and growing indoors is so energy intensive that, morally, I have a hard time continuing to do it when I don't have to.

putembk

putembk

I want to be outside when I can as well, that's one of many reasons I have shut down for the summer. I'm in to organic vegetables in the summer and it's to hard to keep the problems that occur outside out of my inside garden. Couldn't agree more about an inside grow being labor intensive, kind of thought most grows were like that. However I'm retired and have plenty of time on my hands. I have a perpetual grow, three sets of two going two weeks apart and It keeps me busy during the winter months. Harvested my last crop 10 days ago and I am almost of summer break. Just finishing up a 3 week cure and done!! I am well stocked and will enjoy the Colorado summer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, see, when I had the indoor going I could only leave the house for 3-4 days at a time at the most. But outdoors? Everything's on drippers that are on a timer, so watering is totally automated, little work there. I only feed and tea the OD girls 1x/week, so again, very little care there. Biggest work comes when they begin to set bud hard and I have to thin out the canopy, and then later on in the season when they become too stinky I need to watch over my plot because I've been ripped a few times. After that, mid-October or so, my life is once again mine.

See, last year we had our 2yo granddaughter living with us and that little girl was my shadow. Neither of my own boys were like that so it was kind of difficult for me to get things done without her. My OD girls were pretty much left to their own devices, I barely had time to feed. Yet, I pulled an average of 4lbs apiece with few problems (few considering I didn't even do the Safers caterpillar spray, and the root aphids came to visit my other grows).

I also have a motorcycle I like to ride, couldn't do that with the girl because for some reason she couldn't tolerate me being on my own bike. Poppa was just fine, he can ride his loud-ass bikes all he wants. But Mom-mee-yah? Uh uh, no fucking way! She would get hysterical, so I had to give it up for a while.

Now our nest is empty and my time is pretty much my own, but I still want to have a life outside of growing.

putembk

putembk

Yeah, see, when I had the indoor going I could only leave the house for 3-4 days at a time at the most. But outdoors? Everything's on drippers that are on a timer, so watering is totally automated, little work there. I only feed and tea the OD girls 1x/week, so again, very little care there. Biggest work comes when they begin to set bud hard and I have to thin out the canopy, and then later on in the season when they become too stinky I need to watch over my plot because I've been ripped a few times. After that, mid-October or so, my life is once again mine.

See, last year we had our 2yo granddaughter living with us and that little girl was my shadow. Neither of my own boys were like that so it was kind of difficult for me to get things done without her. My OD girls were pretty much left to their own devices, I barely had time to feed. Yet, I pulled an average of 4lbs apiece with few problems (few considering I didn't even do the Safers caterpillar spray, and the root aphids came to visit my other grows).

I also have a motorcycle I like to ride, couldn't do that with the girl because for some reason she couldn't tolerate me being on my own bike. Poppa was just fine, he can ride his loud-ass bikes all he wants. But Mom-mee-yah? Uh uh, no fucking way! She would get hysterical, so I had to give it up for a while.

Now our nest is empty and my time is pretty much my own, but I still want to have a life outside of growing.
You can sure say that again. I never realized how much work was involved. I have had a perpetual grow going for the last 18 months. By that I mean 3 sets of two growing 3 weeks apart which gives me a harvest every 3 weeks. By the time you throw a veg room in along with cloning, drying, curing and marketing the finished product there was no time left. I sure got through the winter without being bored. My last harvest is 8 days into curing and then I'm free for the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom