Will this explode? (pic included)

• Thread starter piscesaquarist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

piscesaquarist

Setup.png

I know it won't literally explode..but I've run into some what of a challenge I was hoping you guys could help me overcome. (or I may be waaaay over thinking it) My current method consists of having an air pump (hiblow-80) outside the sealed room connected to an oxygen tank pushing the oxygen enriched air into the pipe system to create a positive pressure which causes the fog/nutrients/oxygen out of the holes where the net-buckets sit. I have a concern that the result of this method will also pressurize the entire room reducing CO2 levels AND increasing air leakage which results in odor. I'd like to know if you have any ideas for the main goal of:

Maintaing higher than atmospheric levels of oxygen inside the pipes, that do not require leaking into the growing environment all the while ensuring efficient nutrient delivery via the ultrasonic fogger system.

The room is sealed and the entire pipe system will be sealed with the exception of possible leaks around the neoprene net-pot inserts, which is acceptable/unavoidable. I was debating on running a 3/4" pvc pipe perpendicular to the main pipe (with check valves) out side the room....that way pressure increases in the pipe, check valves open and air is vented outside.

Other ideas?

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

For the small fee of 2 zips a day i'll do all hard labour on that!!! hahaha

haha your crazy though man i can't wait to see the project finished.
As for the pressurization issue, if you have no exhuast fans running during the time of the pressurization of the pipes then ofcourse atmospheric pressure will biuld in the op and you'll have unwanted stanky air leakin. On a side note raising atmospheric pressure in your op will stunt your plants growth and cause it to grow considerably smaller buds, but in many people's opinion the little buds will be danker......haha not that i doubt even the slightest bit that you know what your doin man.

it's immpossible to run the op sealed with no exhaust fan nd higher pressure in the pipes and there be no leaks. I think attaching the pvc pipe with check vavles is unavoidable.

haha anways awesome post man goodluck... Man you just sent my brain on a cosmic adventure thinking of that op Hope you have a good harvest!! post some more pics as it comes along!!:confused0054::bong2:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think your connecting pipes are too big. Most of your solution will be in the pipe. If you oxygenate the solution much of the oxygen will be lost in the pipes.

You will need a much bigger water pump to move the solution and a much bigger air pump in a much bigger reservoir. I think if you used smaller pipes you would need less powerful air and circulation pumps and a smaller reservoir and still get better circulation and oxygenation to the roots.

Your room looks incredible. It is way beyond anything I have ever done. I have never attempted this kind of hydro system. It just seems to me you made the connecting pipes too big. In an effort to get more solution flow to the plants I think you will get less flow. At the very least you are making it necessary to have a much bigger pump, aerator and reservoir.

P

piscesaquarist

I think your connecting pipes are too big. Most of your solution will be in the pipe. If you oxygenate the solution much of the oxygen will be lost in the pipes.

You will need a much bigger water pump to move the solution and a much bigger air pump in a much bigger reservoir. I think if you used smaller pipes you would need less powerful air and circulation pumps and a smaller reservoir and still get better circulation and oxygenation to the roots.

Your room looks incredible. It is way beyond anything I have ever done. I have never attempted this kind of hydro system. It just seems to me you made the connecting pipes too big. In an effort to get more solution flow to the plants I think you will get less flow. At the very least you are making it necessary to have a much bigger pump, aerator and reservoir.
Oh the only water will be 8" deep in the center cross and t-fittings it's for the fog being generated by a total of 9 nutramist ultra sonic foggers, no water movement per se

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nice concept! thats some big ass pvc ya got there, lol

this could get interesting quick...

Papa

Papa

Supporter
piscesaquarist,

boy, do i really want to see you blow this up!!

please do a build thread . . . then a grow thread.

re: your question. when i asked the same question some time ago, i was told that i was over-thinking it all. 'turns out i was.

Papa

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Setup.png

I know it won't literally explode..but I've run into some what of a challenge I was hoping you guys could help me overcome. (or I may be waaaay over thinking it) My current method consists of having an air pump (hiblow-80) outside the sealed room connected to an oxygen tank pushing the oxygen enriched air into the pipe system to create a positive pressure which causes the fog/nutrients/oxygen out of the holes where the net-buckets sit. I have a concern that the result of this method will also pressurize the entire room reducing CO2 levels AND increasing air leakage which results in odor. I'd like to know if you have any ideas for the main goal of:

Maintaing higher than atmospheric levels of oxygen inside the pipes, that do not require leaking into the growing environment all the while ensuring efficient nutrient delivery via the ultrasonic fogger system.

The room is sealed and the entire pipe system will be sealed with the exception of possible leaks around the neoprene net-pot inserts, which is acceptable/unavoidable. I was debating on running a 3/4" pvc pipe perpendicular to the main pipe (with check valves) out side the room....that way pressure increases in the pipe, check valves open and air is vented outside.

Other ideas?

Hi piscesaquarist, nice to meet you. I know it sounds counter intuitive to spend your hard earned dough on expensive co2 gas, and then blow a bunch of air in to your room, but the plants will luv it.

Hiblow-80 what is that about 80 liters per minute? The amount of leakage will be minimal. You can scrub the inside room air with a carbon filter so what escapes won't smell.

will there be a big benefit of using an oxygen tank vs. room air for the hiblow-80? sounds explosive.:rasta2: is that a 16k setup? I bet two over head pieces of plenum connected to that air handler would work nicely.:rasta2: run them right down the middle of each row; cool that joint down. good luck on your build.

-CW

B

bowlpacks

Ive always wanted to enrich my roots with O2, but its never been practical for me! Give us every detail! I cant wait.

og dmc

og dmc

Im sure this will work. There was a time people used shredded tires for a medium and an old toilet for a pot. Weed wants to grow regardless of the stress we make it endure.

J

Jalisco Kid

Oh the only water will be 8" deep in the center cross and t-fittings it's for the fog being generated by a total of 9 nutramist ultra sonic foggers, no water movement per se
What makes you want to use pressurized O in your tubes,your idea or did you read some research on it. How much are you planning on releasing?
Looks like you ran across an old wally aero thread. I used that type of tubing all the way back to the rez. My rez got filled up with roots. Have you used your misters before,sonic foggers never seem to last. How are you going to chill the nutes down?
Suerte JK

P

piscesaquarist

What makes you want to use pressurized O in your tubes,your idea or did you read some research on it. How much are you planning on releasing?
Looks like you ran across an old wally aero thread. I used that type of tubing all the way back to the rez. My rez got filled up with roots. Have you used your misters before,sonic foggers never seem to last. How are you going to chill the nutes down?
Suerte JK

I want higher than atmospheric levels of O2 in the tubes for the roots. How much don't know...I have a 120v switch regulator for my CO2 and O2 tanks.

When the foggers turn on the fog/mist will hover in the bottoms of the fittings...the Hi-Blow 80 air pump is used to pump outside air into airstones sitting under the foggers, the airline supply to the airstones will have a t-fitting for the O2 tank, when the air pump comes on so will the O2 switched regulator to blow the air/O2 mixture into the airstones. Since the only area for the air/fog/o2 mixture to escape is the net-pot bucket holes, this creates the delivery system.

A little research was done at:

I didn't see wally's thread, never used misters or foggers before, and I have a 1/2hp chiller for the main nute res which is outside the main grow room AND I also have an O3 (ozone) generator used in hottub applications available but don't know what the effects will be..still researching.

My understanding was that the foggers would break b/c they would overheat from not enough water. They now have a flotation device that they sit in which will keep them at the perfect water level.

J

Jalisco Kid

Let me know if there is an article there and the date of it so I can read it. Do you know how much quicker you will be able to reach saturation of DO. I would think with the airstones and foggers you could do well with just that and spend your money/time elsewhere.
The wally sysytem was 8" pvc from start to finish. I ran hi-pressure foggers in there. Great sys just too many plants. JK

Top Bottom