Will this help? I use city water

• Thread starter Dadman86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadman86

Dadman86

I found this in a little aquarium. It says it removes chlorine and heavy metals.
Will it harm plants. Fish live in it so I'm thinking it's safe. I use city water and am two weeks into flower and haven't had problems.

Will this help i use city water
BryanOconner

BryanOconner

if a fish lives in it. Then i say so will the plants . So fish tanks have plants in them as well. I used to have a really nice set up. monster 500 gallon twin takes salt water . Just so much work to keep it all clean so on.

Dadman86

Dadman86

I’m a new, soil grower, indoor. I use town water at 6.8 PH .

Why would you want to add that? ✌️
Im in soil. I bought a cheap ph tester never used it. I just found it in a 1gal aquarium. I've used the city water the whole run. I haul back ten gallons of water when I work. Google said leave lids off containers for like 5 days chlorine evaporates. I was just wondering if I could use that stuff and skip the evaporation process.

Newty

Newty

Im in soil. I bought a cheap ph tester never used it. I just found it in a 1gal aquarium. I've used the city water the whole run. I haul back ten gallons of water when I work. Google said leave lids off containers for like 5 days chlorine evaporates. I was just wondering if I could use that stuff and skip the evaporation process.
Does it happen to have an ingredient list?

I see no issue with it. I keep reptiles and they sell water conditioner that does the same as the aquarium one. If my reptiles can drink the water the conditioner is in and the fish actually live in it and have no issues, I see no reason it should harm your plants.

H

hilbert

If you fill a pot up with water and leave it out for 24 hours, most of the chlorine that might be in it will evaporate on its own.

Newty

Newty

I would worry about fluoride content before chlorine

Then we also have chloramine.

Maybe I should stop lol

Dadman86

Dadman86

Does it happen to have an ingredient list?

I see no issue with it. I keep reptiles and they sell water conditioner that does the same as the aquarium one. If my reptiles can drink the water the conditioner is in and the fish actually live in it and have no issues, I see no reason it should harm your plants.
No ingredients on it. Just says two drops per gallon. I haul water from work for plants and humidifier. 4th try cheap ass soil miracle grow perlite. Im just waiting for something to go wrong.

Newty

Newty

You could use water with the conditioner on a couple plants and water without on the others and see if there's any noticeable difference between them throughout your grow.

P

PahPahCee

My life got a lot easier when I stopped caring about choloramine. I have a thriving garden of all different types of plants that get hose fed chloramine. Microbes bounce back fast. A low dose of chlorine/chloramine will not kill your microbe populate.

Those hose attachments under perform and only last a short period. Ive seen growers stack 2 or 3 of them in order to get the results they want. Seems expensive over time.

B

BigAl3352

I found this in a little aquarium. It says it removes chlorine and heavy metals.
Will it harm plants. Fish live in it so I'm thinking it's safe. I use city water and am two weeks into flower and haven't had problems.

B

BigAl3352

Not an expert but have read that it works. Like you say, if it's ok for the fish...
I also have chlorinated tap water, have been letting it sit out 24 hours or 12 hrs with a bubble stone running in it to de-chlorinate.
Campden Tablets have also been recommended, used in beer brewing, 1 pill treats 20 gallons in 20 minutes and does both Chlorine and Chloramine.
The latter won't come out in air alone, hopefully your tap has only Chlorine but check with the town to verify.

P

PahPahCee

The ingredients for this product are:

SOD. THIOSULFATE, ANDHYDROUS EDTA and TETRASODIUM SALT

Whatever that is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom