Will this help? I use city water

• Thread starter Dadman86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I found this in a little aquarium. It says it removes chlorine and heavy metals.
Will it harm plants. Fish live in it so I'm thinking it's safe. I use city water and am two weeks into flower and haven't had problems.
On your local water municipalities web site you can see the water test results. Make sure there isn't chloramine, if there is then filter it, letting it sit out only removes chlorine the lesser of the two evils. Plus you get to see what minerals are in your water eg. calcium. Any toxins as well, keep in mind your family drinks this water so it's a good idea to check ✌

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Prob would have been better getting a bubbler to further agitate the water during the de-chlorination period.
I am experimenting with an air stone at the moment, they are essential for compost teas, but I want to know more about if saturating the water with oxygen when it relates to watering matters or not in my grow environment.

Dadman86

Dadman86

On your local water municipalities web site you can see the water test results. Make sure there isn't chloramine, if there is then filter it, letting it sit out only removes chlorine the lesser of the two evils. Plus you get to see what minerals are in your water eg. calcium. Any toxins as well, keep in mind your family drinks this water so it's a good idea to check ✌
I'm gonna look into that. My house has well water. Smells like ass and stains everything. We buy all our drinking water.

Z

Zab

I used to and still do filter my water, but a lot of people us metabisulfate.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I'm gonna look into that. My house has well water. Smells like ass and stains everything. We buy all our drinking water.
Welcome to my world. We moved from the city and now have well water. It's a horrid, nasty fucked up substance. Gone through several dishwashers, washing machines, coffee makers, until I finally broke down and bought a water softener. Even with that it's still worse then kangaroo piss, I won't drink it or give it to my plants..

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Water utilities use both chlorine and chloramine. Usage varies, though, so it's best to check.

Chlorine evaporates. Chloramine doesn't (or takes a lot longer). Because of that, chloramine is used when water travels long distances in the pipes.

Vitamin C can neutralize both.

A good reason to let water sit is to let it warm to room temperature.

I used to test pH. It always tested at 7.6. I haven't noticed any pH related problems. Eventually, I stopped worrying about pH.

P

PopPop67

All I do is let my water sit in gallon gugs with no cap it is ready to go in a few hours. When I grow hydro I just add fresh tap water to my resavor as it is open to the air. Colorine evaporates fast. I have also use fresh tap water straight out the tap with no problems. There is not very much Colorine in tap water.

Grow big buds

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I mean if people are really worried about their Tap water for plants.... why not just use a Brita filter or something of the sort....I personally always used tap water

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Must be a lot of slufer in it, you can also get your well water tested, I imagine your municipality had more Information about it for your area

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I mean if people are really worried about their Tap water for plants.... why not just use a Brita filter or something of the sort....I personally always used tap water
I have run experiments and for Me in My situation because every one unless you are my neighbor will different. I do 2 passes through a Brita to reach the ph and ppm that is reasonable. My tap water is really bad though and I don't like RO water because even filtered tap has minerals in it.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I have run experiments and for Me in My situation because every one unless you are my neighbor will different. I do 2 passes through a Brita to reach the ph and ppm that is reasonable. My tap water is really bad though and I don't like RO water because even filtered tap has minerals in it.
Sweet... I was wondering if anyone used them.... I figured it would be better than nothing or less costly than buying water...

Latest posts

Top Bottom