Will this light get me from seed to harvest

• Thread starter CTABB83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CTABB83

CTABB83

Hey guys, I'm new and only growing 1 plant ( OG Kush) in my 2x2x5 tent, I'd go bigger but I have a little girl and funds are low. I got this light from Wayfair as it was my only funding option. What are your thoughts on it? Pics are the charts and specs and the circulation/filtration I have hooked up. Itll eventually be in a 7 gal fabric pot with ocean forest soil. Im using RO water with cal-mag. I have xtreme mykos for transplant and fox farms trio nutes when the time comes.

Will this light get me from seed to harvest
Will this light get me from seed to harvest 2
Will this light get me from seed to harvest 3
Will this light get me from seed to harvest 4
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hey guys, I'm new and only growing 1 plant ( OG Kush) in my 2x2x5 tent, I'd go bigger but I have a little girl and funds are low. I got this light from Wayfair as it was my only funding option. What are your thoughts on it? Pics are the charts and specs and the circulation/filtration I have hooked up. Itll eventually be in a 7 gal fabric pot with ocean forest soil. Im using RO water with cal-mag. I have xtreme mykos for transplant and fox farms trio nutes when the time comes.

The short version. . . Yes, be careful and mind the distance from light to top of plant.

Happy Growing 🍻

CTABB83

CTABB83

Yep that light will work. May not be the best out there, but it will still work well I think.
Thanks, i currently have it at about 24 in above the seedling with a ppfd reading of 300 dimmed. Im using RO water cause my tap is high ph of over 8 I'm currently just using straight RO no cal-mag yet because I've read fox farm ocean forest can be a bit hot sometimes. Temp stays about 74-76 and humidity between 35-45%. I also added some xtreme mykos before putting the tapped seed in the soil.

20211214 112912
CTABB83

CTABB83

Thanks, I have it dimmed so the ppfd is 300 its about 24 in from the plant currently with a 17/7 light cycle.
Is 300 ppfd ok for the seedling. I keep seeing different things one says 400-600 and others say 300-400 ppfd? I just want to learn the right way rather than have to correct stuff in a hurry or uf something goes wrong. I use my S21 Ultra as the lux/ppfd meter through an app that's rated pretty highly

Solarscar

Solarscar

I always like to have a minimum of 100 true watts per plant (not what the model number or the equivalent numbers say). Happy growing!

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Sure, your light will be fine. But 35 to 45% RH for seedlings? That's not good at all. Add a humidifier, if you choose an ultrasonic humidifier it can reach 60% RH inside your tent easily. And seedlings need 60 to 70% RH. Keep in mind ultrasonic humidifiers add a lot of humidity (more then an evaporative humi).......But u need to use DISTILLED WATER in it to avoid powdery mildew.

After u water put a clear solo cup over the seedling, after u mist it. Put a small hole in bottom of solo cup, so excessive moisture can leave. Spray inside of clear solo cup and leave it upside down over your seedling. In 2 or 3 days remove the solo. Maintain 60% RH till vegetative state is over. You can drop to 50% RH once u start flower cycle.

Daggaswag

Daggaswag

I would spend just alittle more and get a nice even canopy with a robust spectrum from high quality components. Check out the new BAT model from Bestva. They’re running a half off sale and if you use the discount code PPFD you’ll save even more. I forget the % but it’s already a steal. I have my eye on the 400w BAT. I’ve been immersed in the LED market and Bestva just joined the ranks of Mars Hydro in terms of bang for buck IMO. For a 2x2, Bestva is the way to go.

Daggaswag

Daggaswag

M
I would spend just alittle more and get a nice even canopy with a robust spectrum from high quality components. Check out the new BAT model from Bestva. They’re running a half off sale and if you use the discount code PPFD you’ll save even more. I forget the % but it’s already a steal. I have my eye on the 400w BAT. I’ve been immersed in the LED market and Bestva just joined the ranks of Mars Hydro in terms of bang for buck IMO. For a 2x2, Bestva is the way to go.

My bad, I thought the 200w BAT fit in a 2x2. I’ll find a viable recommendation

Daggaswag

Daggaswag

This is the model I was thinking of for a 2x2. Not quite on par with the BAT models but definitely a step up from what you’re looking at. At $100 before the discount code, I don’t think you’d regret the investment. Hanging that other light close enough for flower power leaves the edges and especially corners too low for dense nugs. If you’ve decided to go with the brandless one, I’d try it at 16’’ for veg and 12” for flower. Are you going to keep posting your progress?

Top Bottom