Wilting Plants in Current Culture System

• Thread starter kiefie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kiefie

kiefie

First-time grower here having major issues with a few of my plants. I'm in my 4th week of Veg, using Cultured Solutions Nutrients, in 8 gallon buckets. My PPM have been spot on according to the general recommendations from the current Culture feeding schedule, my water temperature has been steady at 68-69 degrees, and my CO2 levels have been as recommended by CC. Could this be caused by me using PH down to maintain the recommended PH levels for each week by CC? I'm getting new growth, but it seems as though it's at a much slower pace. Two days ago I did a complete system flush and added fresh RO water with 10ml per gallon of UC Roots, but a few are still looking sad. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

80E41E97-8317-4BE1-B070-A108EB71F46B.jpeg
C1351343-4080-4BBF-B6D6-9CC73EADB9B3.jpeg
D9E51401-0BFA-46B5-BECD-D8C44F2B3CB6.jpeg
A258DA40-EC86-4EC7-9FFC-435F0CA066A5.jpeg
7E47F14C-D997-4C03-9DDD-DCBB1FD09808.jpeg
7E35D932-D9B6-490B-8C80-D1EC11E0D510.jpeg
26585DF7-702D-45E3-97EC-214F481A993F.jpeg

Wilting plants in current culture system 8
Wilting plants in current culture system 9
Last edited:
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

First-time grower here having major issues with a few of my plants. I'm in my 4th week of Veg, using Cultured Solutions Nutrients, in 8 gallon buckets. My PPM have been spot on according to the general recommendations from the current Culture feeding schedule, my water temperature has been steady at 68-69 degrees, and my CO2 levels have been as recommended by CC. Could this be caused by me using PH down to maintain the recommended PH levels for each week by CC? I'm getting new growth, but it seems as though it's at a much slower pace. Two days ago I did a complete system flush and added fresh RO water with 10ml per gallon of UC Roots, but a few are still looking sad. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 922539View attachment 922540View attachment 922541View attachment 922542View attachment 922543View attachment 922544View attachment 922545
Mine looked like this before I started adding cal mag in coco unsure if it was the problem but seemed to fix it

B

Burned Haze

Your temps are too low ( 80-84f+ c02 + 25% more intakes on nutes vs traditional lights ), your humidity is too low ( I see 40’s, it need to be above 55% on canopy )

That’s why your plants are loooking like , see the purple lines and droop? Mag def from these results ( I def suggest + 25% on nutes and micros )

before I did that, my plants had issues, you gotta fix em ( environment is 30% of the battle )

kiefie

kiefie

Your temps are too low ( 80-84f+ c02 + 25% more intakes on nutes vs traditional lights ), your humidity is too low ( I see 40’s, it need to be above 55% on canopy )

That’s why your plants are loooking like , see the purple lines and droop? Mag def from these results ( I def suggest + 25% on nutes and micros )

before I did that, my plants had issues, you gotta fix em ( environment is 30% of the battle )

My daytime temperature is 80-82degrees, nighttime is 70 degrees, CO2 is 1500 ppm, my nutes are at 300-325 ppm on the 500 scale, my daytime humidity is 60-65% and my nighttime humidity is around 45%. Do you think they’re in lockout and not absorbing the nutes? Do you think they can be saved?
BBFADD56 A851 439B A3F2 EE43FD3859D4

B

Burned Haze

7th picture told otherwise on temps and humidity ?look at your humidity/temp with a probe says

not trying to argue with you, just trying to help ya out

Sounds like you are trying to do the right rants and do right things ( from your above post) rock on
Are you running your lights at the 6-8 inches like fluence recommends ? Does not matter on dimmer %

Last edited by a moderator:
kiefie

kiefie

7th picture told otherwise on temps and humidity ?look at your humidity/temp with a probe says

No, neither was I. What you said made a lot of sense, I was just showing you the current numbers. I’m using a Biowave, that’s dilating the planta stomata. Maybe that’s causing them to need and want more of everything. The company that makes it told me I could push my CO2 levels up to 2000 ppm, they also mention something about me being able to up my nutes.

B

Burned Haze

Just so you know when I have my my digital min/max temps with probes on walls misc places in growroom ( it’s not same as under canopy ) cause lights do a factor difference

I try to have multiple meters , just in case if one is off or if you put it in certain ranges of room ( you know you are getting big ranges differences from min/max ) it matters to the plants stress levels

For a easy and cheap fix , Pulse environment ( this device can make it so you can see your room anywhere in the world and know everything from temps , vpd , humidity , dew point , light % and pressure of your room ) big thing I love about is you can have a log forever and know when things change in your environment and for whatever range you choose , when the range it’s out it will email if you want it to ( it logs everything in the software ) and than if you have it on main page ( which what I do) it will update every few seconds what your stats are ( this has saved my ass from when my a/c has turned off or I see my rooms off , I can easily figure out my issues in seconds and know if my girls okay

Built in batteries to keep it running g just in case if it even fails if you lose electrity . The software once you get used to ( which is ultra simple ) you’ll love cause too many companies can’t even beta test or make it too complicated imo

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

No, neither was I. What you said made a lot of sense, I was just showing you the current numbers. I’m using a Biowave, that’s dilating the planta stomata. Maybe that’s causing them to need and want more of everything. The company that makes it told me I could push my CO2 levels up to 2000 ppm, they also mention something about me being able to up my nutes.
i was wanting to crank that 1400, too... I've read more about not goin over 1600, than i have about goin above, far as co2. my regulator is limping along & originally, i thought: limitless co2, regulator cause whatever titan, stops @ 1600. so- if u were serious- that's my .02$, on the diox. the diff between 12 & 16... being night n day- i was ready to asphyxiate the entire household, over it.

tbh, I'm having a very hard time justifying going nutzo over another growers symptoms (it's not u, it's me), tryin to help... when u have such an enviable sstm, to begin with. beautiful setup!

i forget, all too easily, that i still need help, from time to time. so... sorry I'm not more helpful, today and welcome! i didn't check ur arrival date, but hadn't met, b4. ignore me... i may have lost my marbles.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Humidity is to high I'm thinking. Can you take actual leaf temps. Using RO you will need cal mag. At that size they need a bit higher VPD. To calculate VPD without leaf temps can really throw ya for a loop

Roots look great.

How much is your ph and ppm swing in 24hrs? You may need to add a buffer back when using RO.

kiefie

kiefie

Just so you know when I have my my digital min/max temps with probes on walls misc places in growroom ( it’s not same as under canopy ) cause lights do a factor difference

I try to have multiple meters , just in case if one is off or if you put it in certain ranges of room ( you know you are getting big ranges differences from min/max ) it matters to the plants stress levels

For a easy and cheap fix , Pulse environment ( this device can make it so you can see your room anywhere in the world and know everything from temps , vpd , humidity , dew point , light % and pressure of your room ) big thing I love about is you can have a log forever and know when things change in your environment and for whatever range you choose , when the range it’s out it will email if you want it to ( it logs everything in the software ) and than if you have it on main page ( which what I do) it will update every few seconds what your stats are ( this has saved my ass from when my a/c has turned off or I see my rooms off , I can easily figure out my issues in seconds and know if my girls okay

Built in batteries to keep it running g just in case if it even fails if you lose electrity . The software once you get used to ( which is ultra simple ) you’ll love cause too many companies can’t even beta test or make it too complicated imo

You're so right, every meter I use tells me something different. I’ve been on the fence for some time now regarding the Pulse, but now I’m ordering today.
Thanks!

B

Burned Haze

Well keep your vpd at 1-1.5 (mine gets above sometimes when the a/c runs . But I till you got a meter you won’t know )

easy peezy once you can see your vpd with a meter that tells ya /everyday . It only takes a day or two of harsh or unstable crap to make your plants out of whack. Think if you had to be in a unstable environment for you ? May survive but not like it eh

this device is honestly one of my best invest I made this year , love it lol

kiefie

kiefie

Humidity is to high I'm thinking. Can you take actual leaf temps. Using RO you will need cal mag. At that size they need a bit higher VPD. To calculate VPD without leaf temps can really throw ya for a loop

Roots look great.

How much is your ph and ppm swing in 24hrs? You may need to add a buffer back when using RO.

Thanks! The PH doesn't swing to much in 24 hours, usually over a couple of days. When it does swing, it may go from 6.2 to 6.4 and that's usually when I add PH down to bring it back to CC’s recommendation for the given week. When the problem began, I reached out to the CC support team and they advised me that constantly changing the PH can stunt plant growth as well develop unhealthy root structure. This is just one of my many rookie mistakes😬😬😬

kiefie

kiefie

Sounds like you are trying to do the right rants and do right things ( from your above post) rock on
Are you running your lights at the 6-8 inches like fluence recommends ? Does not matter on dimmer %

I was running the Fluence 6-8 inches, but I raised them thinking that was causing some of my issues.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks! The PH doesn't swing to much in 24 hours, usually over a couple of days. When it does swing, it may go from 6.2 to 6.4 and that's usually when I add PH down to bring it back to CC’s recommendation for the given week. When the problem began, I reached out to the CC support team and they advised me that constantly changing the PH can stunt plant growth as well develop unhealthy root structure. This is just one of my many rookie mistakes😬😬😬
That ph is far to high. I would say never go over 6.0 I suggest 5.6-6.0

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For shits and giggles download "light meter" by my mobile tools dev. Plop that at the top of the plants 50-60k lux more can be an issue and should be raised above 60-65k slowly to get peak intensity. I can get mine about 75k most strains and some a bit higher yet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tell ya what. Get some cal mag add 100ppm to the RO, add 350ppm of nutrients on top of that, then ph down to 5.7. lower your humidity to 55% make sure you have good airflow over the plants. Adjust lights to 65k lux at the tops. Take pics and then take pics in 3 days if they are not vastly improved I will make a post saying that I was wrong and gladly post any embarassing info of your choosing.. whether it true or false.

Deal? But you need to do all of those

Top Bottom