Window AC. Should I worry about smell?

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I'm thinking of putting in a window ac but before I do I'm wondering if they put out smell. If so, Is there a diy way to get rid of it? Not just mask it.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

How? Its kinda old. It only has low fan/high fan and low cool/high cool. Also has a thermostat.

S

swisscheese

Find the manual and it'll give you specific instructions.

pura

pura

i did a carbon copy from GrowMaster's Filter boxes...
works really well with window AC systems
i installed one for a friend as well and he hasn't had any issues.
here's the link for the tutorial

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
How? Its kinda old. It only has low fan/high fan and low cool/high cool. Also has a thermostat.

most window shakers dont exchange air the back pulls cool air from the outside to blow over the coils to help the compresser
if you notice they suck air from the room their in and blow it back into the same room no air from outside comes in and no inside air goes out I use one if your in a sealed room... then around the ac sealing it with caulk or great stuff this is your only place smell can get out seal it good
if your on negative pressure no worries all smell is pulled into carbon filter

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Cool. So your saying it just circulates the air from my room? I was curious bc the AC blows a lot of hot air out the back. The AC is about 5 ft from my neighbor's walk way and about 3 ft from my manager's BR window. Smell would definitely not be good. Thanks. Any other suggestions? -PDX

M

muychingon_og

nice link thanks
i did a carbon copy from GrowMaster's Filter boxes...
works really well with window AC systems
i installed one for a friend as well and he hasn't had any issues.
here's the link for the tutorial

Top Bottom