Winta's wonderland part 1: Underdawg #1

• Thread starter winta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
winta

winta

welcome my dude welcome! :friday:(good idea i just put my grow in my sig :))yea i had to go diy man my tent is still in storage couple thousand miles away so i had to roll with the punches :) it was cheaper than my tent (diy:$80 tent:$130) plus i like doin lil macgyver shit LMAO i still gotta run to the hydro store to get some light warrior and some more b&w poly cuz i somehow ran out???? i just KNEW i had way more lol its cool cuz i was convenced by a tent thread on here to get a zipper to make it easier to get in and out. i originally was gonna just use velcro i put up but ill get a zipper and have both:joint: soooo now im gonna put my beans in water (i know i said that before but 4real this time i just had to get the kinks out my tent:tongue0011:) then watch the magic happen:flower:flower:flower

Sup winta. Things are looking good for ya man! I really like your DIY grow tent idea with that mounted inline fan. Top notch stuff dude. You have been stickin around my journal and I think It's time I return the favor. Sorry about not stoppin by until now. I didn't know you had a journal because I thought it would be a link in your signature. Looks like I should look around more thoroughly in the future from now on. Can't wait to see everything up and running my man!

hey anybody know where i can get a ph ppm tester thats less then $200? i want the hanna pen but if i can get one that is effective and cheaper that would be great :)

Tent 90 percent done
Fan and ducting
winta

winta

now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress!!!:free-character-smil

Bongvilla farmin
H

Hippi

Hey winta, good luck on your grow. I bought a Hanna 9813-6 4 in 1 and love it. Here is a link to one on ebay.

That one is for 172.99 but you can get them cheaper.

winta

winta

you know it! cheers my dude!

Wake and bake! lol just about to do the same.....mack;)

good lookin out my dude thanks for stoppin through!

Hey winta, good luck on your grow. I bought a Hanna 9813-6 4 in 1 and love it. Here is a link to one on ebay.

That one is for 172.99 but you can get them cheaper.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ahh... no worries. I ordered mine on a Friday and I believe I got it on the following Monday. Excellent turnaround time! You prob should get the storage solution, pH 7.01 and 4.01, and 1413 EC calibration solutions if you order... I forgot and had to pay more at my local hydro shop.

winta

winta

thats even better! the hydro store i go to wants $230 for that pen and htgsupply want $194 plus shipping :( so this is perfect!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
yo how u likin that diy ebb and flow u got goin?
It's excellent the only prob is that I've packed it way too tight... I really need to start flowering them soon, but I've got to get some funds for my upgrade.... ehh growing pains...:evilgrin

justiceman

justiceman

Hey winta the Pen that shady has is probably one of the most reliable and best for pens for you money. It is an all in one ph/tds meter and it is water proof. Definitely a sound investment. I believe it also has automatic temperature compensation and possibly some other great perks. I have only heard good things about it.

However If you are low on money and you can't afford to spend $130 you can get a separate ph tester and tds meter from ebay for pretty cheap. Here are two links to the ones that I got.
Hanna Checker 1 PH pen
$28.90
HM digital TDS3 tds meter(.5 conversion factor)
$22.20

The TDS meter works flawlessly. The Hanna checker 1 is a good pen that stays calibrated fairly well but it is advised to check its calibration frequently(once a week) to make sure it's on point since it doesn't have auto temp compensation. I use the TDS3 to make sure the temp of my water is always around 68-72F(20-22C) so that my TDS and PH readings stay consistent that way I don't need auto temp compensation.

I have used both units for about 8-9 months now and they work just fine. I may lean to buying the Hann Combo meter in the future though. I like the fact it's water proof and has a lot of good features to offer.

Buy it Nice or Buy it Twice(most of the time)

M

MASSES 420KING

Pics pics pics pics i need pics lol keep up the good work

B

been

Every time this thread gets bumped I'm hoping Winta has some eye-candy for me. I kinda feel like your girls are late to their own party. :tongueout

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
How come i missed this!! Im finaly on board, i love how this is starting winta, i will enjoy this one with u guys. Tagged!

winta

winta

shut up been lol i know i know i just had to make sure things were right first im a perfectionist :) but i will have pics up soon promise!

Every time this thread gets bumped I'm hoping Winta has some eye-candy for me. I kinda feel like your girls are late to their own party. :tongueout

its cool coolest u aint miss nothing yet:winking0067: welcome!

How come i missed this!! Im finaly on board, i love how this is starting winta, i will enjoy this one with u guys. Tagged!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sup Winta! I concur... More photos for us picture whores :giggle
BTW, my Hanna is waterproof, but I've made the mistake of submerging the entire pen into my hydro res for a couple months of use, and it eventually got moisture passed the battery comparment's rubber seal... I changed the batteries when this happened a few months ago and now I try not to get the top under the water... Wet is okay, but submerged isn't. :itwasntme Anyways the combo meter is badass cuz you don't need to remove it when testing to switch from PPM, EC, or pH. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom