Winter Crop : Sog 86 Plants - 36 Different Strains.

• Thread starter Junk Punk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Monkey Balls 59 days   2

Sinister Doja 63 days   1

Sinister Doja 63 days   2

Super Skunk1 63 days   1

Have a good day,
JP.

Redwood-roots

Redwood-roots

Looks like they are finishing quicker this time, what do the trichs tell you?

GrowBot

GrowBot

Straight killin it!! This has to be the best thread I've ever seen.... much props!!

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Looks like they are finishing quicker this time, what do the trichs tell you?

Hi Redwood,

Sorry, i didn't see your post before...

You're right, this time was quiker, i think that's because of long veg time (8weeks) VS tow weeks veg during my last winter crop.

Trics were between 5 and 25% amber, approximatively, the others being mostly milky with some clear on some plants.

I'm very happy with the quality of this crop but i've got half quantity (450/500G, not weight yet, VS 850G for the winter crop...) as my winter crop... (27 plants VS 86, not the same way of grow...).

The only plants who disapointed me were the Super Skunks, since i had a wonderfull female (out of 5 seeds), that i think was very closed from Roadkill, during my winter crop.

So, i sprouted the 5 other seeds during my spring crop, and i got 4 females, very differents the ones from the others, no one was closed from the pheno i got during the winter and they look a little below average quality exept one or tow i haven't still tasted.

Now, from what i've smoked, the ones i prefer are Sinister Doja, i kept 2 mothers out of 3 females, one Ganny Panties (GP4) is exeptionnal but a little hermie.

I'll tell you more latter cause i don't have the time now, and i still have to smoke to juge those weeds.

Straight killin it!! This has to be the best thread I've ever seen.... much props!!

Thank's for the compliment.

There are a lot of threads that are a lot more interresting than mines, lot of experimented pros who know how to grow better than me, who take wonderfull pictures with expensive cameras wich they know how to use!

Comments like yours make me want to progress, thank's!

JP

PS : Sorry for my bad english...

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

Hi HB,

Thank's for the compliments.

Since i see almost everybody, here and elsewhere, harvesting at the day said by the breeder, i was waiting for this question!

First of all, i would say that, in my mind, flowering time claimed by breeders are marketing/adveretising, more than a real information.

A strain listed as a 7/8 weeks flowering one will be sold better than the same strain sold by a concurent breeder as a 8/9 weeks flowering one, even if it's a real ten weeks...

Furthermore, even if the breeder is approximatively honnest, the flowering time claimed tally with the earliest pheno (which can be rare) grown from clone, in the best environment as possible and at the very beginning of maturity.

Growing from seeds, with a little time of grow makes plants begin to flower later and slower.

Secondly, i don't realy know what (more light and/or more hygien), but i think that something may be inproved in my set up to harvest sooner.

Since i often see growers harvesting at 8 weeks and claiming having 30% amber trichs on their buds, i understand that, either my environment must be inproved, or lot of growers mistake pistils for trichomes (lol) and harvest a lot earlier!!!

When you look at closely to my pictures, you can see there are very few amber trichs, exept on two or three plants (not more than 30% by mistake...).

On my White Rhinos, i can see one amber trichome here and there, but not more, at day 100 of 12/12!... At day 56 (8 weeks), they were very very far from the end and it was realy visible, white hairs everywhere, little unformed calix, clear trichomes...

Most of my plants are harvested at the first amber trichomes, sometime a little earlier for indica doms and little later for sativa doms or by mistake.

The White Rhino is listed as an indica leaning 8 weeks flowering strain and that's what the first version was (indica dom) but i don't know what they did, maybe they fucked the F2s after having lost the parents P1?... but White Rhino has became a sativa leanig plant (Nirvana one but also sensi seeds, from what i read...).
You can find lot of things to read on the net about this nowdays White Rhino beeing sativa dom.
I knew that before buying them but it interrested me to phenohunt and the seeds were cheep.

For your last question, i can't answer now, cause i didn't try all my plants yet, some are in curring prossess, others have been cut tree days ago.

I'll write a smoke report of each strain as soon as they are curred.

But i can tell you what plants look the best for me at the moment :

• Fem :
-Sour Power : lot, lot, lot of frost, sour Diesel smell.
-K13 Haze : lot of frost, sweet fruity smell like melon.
-Critical Kush : lot of frost, sweet creamy nuts smell, no OG in the smell, or very few
-Purple Afghan Kush : lot of frost, very nice colours, very good taste hard to describe but original, i want to say dark, sweet and little fruity, if it does mean something, the high is comfortable and strong, more on the body side.
-Black Bomb and Tropimango, for their strong tropical tastes.
-Y-Griega : Lot of frost and a cross between Amnesia and KalyMist wich can reach more than 27% of THC (THC does'nt make all, i know).

• Reg :
-Ghost Train Haze#1 : smoked GTH#1-1 harvested at day 80 (to soon, 50/50 or 60/40 milky/clear trichomes) : crazy lemon taste (exactly the same than Amnesia "Core cut") and crazy storm in my mind!!! At 100 days, they sould be facking killer!).
-Silver Mountain : smells like GTH#1-1, but more frost and more weight, didn't smoke it yet.
-Solo Stash x Biker : (strong creamy Sour Diesel smell)
-Fire Headband : i don't like the breeder for lot of reasons, but the 2 seeds out of 6 wich poped gave me two extremely frosty and strong plants. I had to pull out balls at each node on one of both at early 12/12...
-9 pounds Hammer : good berry taste that can be less or more strong, and a strong comfotable body high with a good little mind enhancement, weight could be better but some phenos weight well.

-Super Skunk : I had only one female out of five seeds, so i can't tell much about this strain, but she's the good surprise of this grow.
What i can say, is that she doesn't resemble to the Super Skunk a friend of mine grew six or seven years ago. It was very sweet smelling and the high was very comfortable, a good 50/50 I/S, but not as strong as nowdays weed like OGs.
The one i have doesn't smell sweet at all, it's hard to describe, but i think she smells like a striked match, this burned smell remind me some phenos of RP OG18 without the lemon taste.
I don't know if it's the real Skunk (super Skunk) aroma, since i've never smoked Skunk in the 90's or early 2000's, or if Sensi Seeds have reworked some of there lines, maybe by outcrossing with some OGs???
For me, Skunk taste is this sweet unique taste that we could find in skunk, super skunk or big bud during the 2000's.
Anyway, i'm surprised to notice, that from now (i didn't try all my plants yet), this Super Skunk is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) weed of this winter crop, with a strong 60/40 Indica/Sativa high, very good for the evening.

Have a good day,
JP.
Where do you get your seeds?

Top Bottom