Winter Crop : Sog 86 Plants - 36 Different Strains.

• Thread starter Junk Punk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Hi Savana,

Thank's for the nice words!

Growing 34 different strains at the same time in the same box is not an easy thing cause each strain has is own needs and i water them at the same frequency, whith the same volume of water and the same quantity of nutes.
That's why i think organic is the best way to feed my plants, as they should eat what they want and avoid overfertilization.

Most of the plants feel (felt) good exept my White Lotus (Bodhi) and three out of four Nirvana White Rhino (they look almost pure sativa...), wich are ugly with not much very little trichomes wich don't look ready at 93 days of 12/12.
Maybe, those plants have been over watered, or they got disease, or they just need more care...

About Super Skunk (Sensi Seeds), i only got one female out of five seeds (i still have got 5 in the fridge).
I'm very impressed with the frost, i don't know if Sensi Seeds reworked their Super Skunk line, but i've never seen a SS as frosty as this one (haven't seen a lot).
The weight seems to be less than average and i can't talk about smell yet as she's still drying.
She doesn't smell a lot during flowering and drying, but i'll tell you more today cause i have a lot of plants to manucure and i'll begin with Super Skunk, so i'll tell you more soon.

JP.

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Hi,

Four more plants harvested yesterday, at 12/12 + 95 :

Gokunk   95days   1
Gokunk   95days   2
Gokunk   95days   5
Gokunk   95days   3
Gokunk   95days   4

SSBiker3   95days   1
SSBiker3   95days   2
SSBiker3   95days   3
SSBiker3   95days   4

StrawberryCough1   95days   1
StrawberryCough1   95days   2
StrawberryCough1   95days   3
StrawberryCough1   95days   4
StrawberryCough1   95days   5

Moby2   95days   1
Moby2   95days   2
Moby2   95days   3

See you soon,
JP.

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Hi!

Lot of pictures, today.
I've cut all the last plants at day 12/12 + 100.
-The last Solo Stash x Biker
-The 1024
-2 Strawberry Cough
-2 K13 Haze
-2 Y-Griega
-4 White Rhino
-4 White Lotus
-5 Silver Mountain
-7 OG Gost Train Haze#1

1024 (Medical seeds) :
1024   100days   1
1024   100days   2
1024   100days   3
1024   100days   4
1024   100days   5

Strawberry Cough#2 (Hazeman) :
Scough2   100days   1
Scough2   100days   2

Strawberry Cough#3 (Hazeman) :
Scough3   100days   1
Scough3   100days   2
Scough3   100days   3
Scough3   100days   4

Solo Stash x Biker#4 (Free seeds from Karma) :
SSB4   100days   1
SSB4   100days   2
SSB4   100days   3

H

happy b

Great thread man!but i gotta ask since no one else has.is there a specific reason why youv let 8 week indicas go like 14 weeks?you coulda got almost 2 full term crops in the same time.most of the weed will put you to sleep as the resin will have degraded so much.theyl be awesome nite time meds.
it was very well done though.
but my most important question...out ALL the plants,reg and fem,which is your favorite sofar?

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Great thread man!but i gotta ask since no one else has.is there a specific reason why youv let 8 week indicas go like 14 weeks?you coulda got almost 2 full term crops in the same time.most of the weed will put you to sleep as the resin will have degraded so much.theyl be awesome nite time meds.
it was very well done though.
but my most important question...out ALL the plants,reg and fem,which is your favorite sofar?

Hi HB,

Thank's for the compliments.

Since i see almost everybody, here and elsewhere, harvesting at the day said by the breeder, i was waiting for this question!

First of all, i would say that, in my mind, flowering time claimed by breeders are marketing/adveretising, more than a real information.

A strain listed as a 7/8 weeks flowering one will be sold better than the same strain sold by a concurent breeder as a 8/9 weeks flowering one, even if it's a real ten weeks...

Furthermore, even if the breeder is approximatively honnest, the flowering time claimed tally with the earliest pheno (which can be rare) grown from clone, in the best environment as possible and at the very beginning of maturity.

Growing from seeds, with a little time of grow makes plants begin to flower later and slower.

Secondly, i don't realy know what (more light and/or more hygien), but i think that something may be inproved in my set up to harvest sooner.

Since i often see growers harvesting at 8 weeks and claiming having 30% amber trichs on their buds, i understand that, either my environment must be inproved, or lot of growers mistake pistils for trichomes (lol) and harvest a lot earlier!!!

When you look at closely to my pictures, you can see there are very few amber trichs, exept on two or three plants (not more than 30% by mistake...).

On my White Rhinos, i can see one amber trichome here and there, but not more, at day 100 of 12/12!... At day 56 (8 weeks), they were very very far from the end and it was realy visible, white hairs everywhere, little unformed calix, clear trichomes...

Most of my plants are harvested at the first amber trichomes, sometime a little earlier for indica doms and little later for sativa doms or by mistake.

The White Rhino is listed as an indica leaning 8 weeks flowering strain and that's what the first version was (indica dom) but i don't know what they did, maybe they fucked the F2s after having lost the parents P1?... but White Rhino has became a sativa leanig plant (Nirvana one but also sensi seeds, from what i read...).
You can find lot of things to read on the net about this nowdays White Rhino beeing sativa dom.
I knew that before buying them but it interrested me to phenohunt and the seeds were cheep.

For your last question, i can't answer now, cause i didn't try all my plants yet, some are in curring prossess, others have been cut tree days ago.

I'll write a smoke report of each strain as soon as they are curred.

But i can tell you what plants look the best for me at the moment :

• Fem :
-Sour Power : lot, lot, lot of frost, sour Diesel smell.
-K13 Haze : lot of frost, sweet fruity smell like melon.
-Critical Kush : lot of frost, sweet creamy nuts smell, no OG in the smell, or very few
-Purple Afghan Kush : lot of frost, very nice colours, very good taste hard to describe but original, i want to say dark, sweet and little fruity, if it does mean something, the high is comfortable and strong, more on the body side.
-Black Bomb and Tropimango, for their strong tropical tastes.
-Y-Griega : Lot of frost and a cross between Amnesia and KalyMist wich can reach more than 27% of THC (THC does'nt make all, i know).

• Reg :
-Ghost Train Haze#1 : smoked GTH#1-1 harvested at day 80 (to soon, 50/50 or 60/40 milky/clear trichomes) : crazy lemon taste (exactly the same than Amnesia "Core cut") and crazy storm in my mind!!! At 100 days, they sould be facking killer!).
-Silver Mountain : smells like GTH#1-1, but more frost and more weight, didn't smoke it yet.
-Solo Stash x Biker : (strong creamy Sour Diesel smell)
-Fire Headband : i don't like the breeder for lot of reasons, but the 2 seeds out of 6 wich poped gave me two extremely frosty and strong plants. I had to pull out balls at each node on one of both at early 12/12...
-9 pounds Hammer : good berry taste that can be less or more strong, and a strong comfotable body high with a good little mind enhancement, weight could be better but some phenos weight well.
What an amazing thread! I love the variety and obviously you have the skills. My question is specific to the super skunk, how does she smell and taste? Is she skunky?
-Super Skunk : I had only one female out of five seeds, so i can't tell much about this strain, but she's the good surprise of this grow.
What i can say, is that she doesn't resemble to the Super Skunk a friend of mine grew six or seven years ago. It was very sweet smelling and the high was very comfortable, a good 50/50 I/S, but not as strong as nowdays weed like OGs.
The one i have doesn't smell sweet at all, it's hard to describe, but i think she smells like a striked match, this burned smell remind me some phenos of RP OG18 without the lemon taste.
I don't know if it's the real Skunk (super Skunk) aroma, since i've never smoked Skunk in the 90's or early 2000's, or if Sensi Seeds have reworked some of there lines, maybe by outcrossing with some OGs???
For me, Skunk taste is this sweet unique taste that we could find in skunk, super skunk or big bud during the 2000's.
Anyway, i'm surprised to notice, that from now (i didn't try all my plants yet), this Super Skunk is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) weed of this winter crop, with a strong 60/40 Indica/Sativa high, very good for the evening.

Have a good day,
JP.

indicabush

indicabush

C etait un impressionnant ont mon ami en pleine croissance et apprecie les peintures et les reportages.
Big fan of defoliating Brother; at what time in the process did you start?

J'apporterai du vin et vous fournirez evidemment la fumee. Vont faire quelques bouteilles de Chateau de 2011 le travail de Lafite-Rothchild-Pauillac ?

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Really amazing thread.
Hi Limo,
Thank's for your congratulation!

C etait un impressionnant ont mon ami en pleine croissance et apprecie les peintures et les reportages.
Big fan of defoliating Brother; at what time in the process did you start?
Hi Indi,
I'm new to defoliation, i've first tried a little during my spring crop and i did it heavily on this winter run.
I removed all the big fan leaves except the two or four top ones at approximatively 15/20 days of 12/12.
What i can say from this run, is that defoliation is strain dependent, some reacted well, showing bottom buds as dense and mature as top buds while others made new leaves instead of buds which resulted into small airy little bottom buds and almost normal top buds...
I'm sur i defoliated to much and when i think to it just a little, it's obvious...
I think defoliating is very good but we have to do it smartly (not like me) and differently depending on strain, we have to make different trys with the same strain to find the best way to defoliate.
I've read that defoliation could be done during veg with good results and shorter node intervals, never tried...

J'apporterai du vin et vous fournirez evidemment la fumee. Vont faire quelques bouteilles de Chateau de 2011 le travail de Lafite-Rothchild-Pauillac ?
Hey, i can see you know what you're talking about!
Lot of french people don't know vines as you seems to do!
Pauillac is one of my favorite Bordeaux vine and Chateau Lafite Rotchild is maybe the best "premier (1er) cru" of Pauillac. 2011 is not as good as 2009 and 2010 but the price is half...
My father has got some Pauillac Chateau Lynch-Bages (5ème cru) from 2009, it's wonderfull and i'd like to drink your Lafite-Rotchild 2011, 2009 and 2010 were exeptionnal good years, but 2011 is very good and has been underestimate by a famous american fucking vine trader who said 2011 was a bad year althoug nobody had drunk it yet... he appologised latter, but it was to late...

It's very nice from you to try to speek to me in french langage, but i'm soory to say your french is very bad (lol)!!! (Google translate?) I think i'll understand you better if you speek english!!!

See you,
JP.

indicabush

indicabush

@Junk Punk ...no just poor French...will take your advice and stay with English.:D

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

@Junk Punk ...no just poor French...will take your advice and stay with English.:D
Lol!!!
It was very nice from you to try to speek french, it makes me feel welcome since i know french is a difficult langage to learn.
I know my english is far to be perfect but i hope i'm understandable, if not, do not hesitate to tell me!

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

I Hope i did'nt hurt you, my friend Indi!

I'd like to meet you in france or in US to make a big gourmet party with good french vine, fine herbs and good food with a big plate of french and swiss cheese selection at the end of the meal!

indicabush

indicabush

I Hope i did'nt hurt you, my friend Indi!

I'd like to meet you in france or in US to make a big gourmet party with good french vine, fine herbs and good food with a big plate of french and swiss cheese selection at the end of the meal!

There's a chance that I will be in Barcelona in November for a conference and if that happens no problem. There are a few other people across the pond I'd like to meet while I'm there.

So keep the Rothschild handy because I'll be looking forward to sharing a few glasses with you. Had a bottle of their Lafite Reserve Speciale the other day. Wonder deep purple, intensity and aroma and was wishing that I had some their Cognac.

Le bon fait de vous parler. Couldn't resist :D

Junk Punk

Junk Punk

Hi,

I've got to post a lot of pictures of dry buds of this last winter crop and to write smoke reports... I'll do it later.

Now, I just want to show some of my actual plants near from the end :
Candyland 59 days   1

Candyland 59 days   2

DDO2 59 days   2

Double Dutch Oven2 59 days   2

Double Dutch Oven3 59 days   2

Durganchitral3 63 days   1

Durganchitral3 63 days   2

Durganchitral3 63 days   3

Dutchess#1
Dutchess1 59 days

Dutchess1 63 days   1