Wishbone’s Outdoor - Round 2

• Thread starter Wishbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks fellow farmer! I’m really pleased with the progress I’ve made to my space and knowledge over the past year.

Yep, I knew I was bending a few laws last year, and I might be 2 plants over the rec law, (but my BIL that lives with us has his med and should allow up to 24), so I THINK I’m 100% to the T this year. As junk said below, actually reading the law as it is written just confuses me more lol.

Good point, I know that counties here do have dif laws, need to look at the locals again.

I know that it seems counterintuitive considering they were our enemies not so many years back, but if you want to know for sure you can contact your local DA and ask em what the regulations are. They have to know. We had the county DA get on the local talk radio station a decade ago and lay out what was a legal medical grow. I thought it was pretty cool.

I'm not going to comment anymore on this cause it's your grow thread.

Wishbone

Wishbone

I know that it seems counterintuitive considering they were our enemies not so many years back, but if you want to know for sure you can contact your local DA and ask em what the regulations are. They have to know. We had the county DA get on the local talk radio station a decade ago and lay out what was a legal medical grow. I thought it was pretty cool.

I'm not going to comment anymore on this cause it's your grow thread.

Thank you for the info and no worries, this place should be a spot for all to learn from and you have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Grow related, my fucking Can-filter that I ordered from my local shop still isn’t here, his CO distributer was out of them he special ordered, and paid shipping, for one from CA, then they sent the one that I had previously ordered and were out of rather than the Can that I paid for :drunk2:

Fuck, two weeks and going since placing the order. Dude kicked me down some more Azamax for the headache though which was cool, not stinking too bad yet, but can’t wait too much longer :banghead::banghead::banghead:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow related, my fucking Can-filter that I ordered from my local shop still isn’t here, his CO distributer was out of them he special ordered, and paid shipping, for one from CA, then they sent the one that I had previously ordered and were out of rather than the Can that I paid for :drunk2:

Fuck, two weeks and going since placing the order. Dude kicked me down some more Azamax for the headache though which was cool, not stinking too bad yet, but can’t wait too much longer :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh sh*t, yeah. You need that hooked up before they start to really stink. That's cool of him to kick you down the Azamax. That's an expensive concession. I'm having delivery problems too. The Tiger Bloom I ordered should have been here 2 days ago, no show. Cult Hydro (Amazon seller) was under no obligation to help me since the expected delivery date range only started today and goes till the 31st. I sent them a very polite email explaining that it should have been delivered Wed or Thurs despite the expected delivery timeline. There was also no USPS tracking info after they said it was being processed. The guy at Cult Hydro said if couldn't get any info on It's whereabouts today he'll send another tomorrow. That's some great service. If the first shows up I'll probably just buy it too cause they're such a cool seller and I'll need another in a month anyway.

Figured I'd throw that out there as a positive vibe for ya. If you need supplies you should check them out. Their prices are superb and they usually get their products from MI to Cali in 3 days (including ship out date). It'd probably be really fast for you (Like the speed of a Prime shipment). I got a gallon of Tiger Bloom for $43.37 no tax and 32oz Azamax for $66.77. They've already saved me about $50 with only two items.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Oh sh*t, yeah. You need that hooked up before they start to really stink. That's cool of him to kick you down the Azamax. That's an expensive concession. I'm having delivery problems too. The Tiger Bloom I ordered should have been here 2 days ago, no show. Cult Hydro (Amazon seller) was under no obligation to help me since the expected delivery date range only started today and goes till the 31st. I sent them a very polite email explaining that it should have been delivered Wed or Thurs despite the expected delivery timeline. There was also no USPS tracking info after they said it was being processed. The guy at Cult Hydro said if couldn't get any info on It's whereabouts today he'll send another tomorrow. That's some great service. If the first shows up I'll probably just buy it too cause they're such a cool seller and I'll need another in a month anyway.

Figured I'd throw that out there as a positive vibe for ya. If you need supplies you should check them out. Their prices are superb and they usually get their products from MI to Cali in 3 days (including ship out date). It'd probably be really fast for you (Like the speed of a Prime shipment). I got a gallon of Tiger Bloom for $43.37 no tax and 32oz Azamax for $66.77. They've already saved me about $50 with only two items.

Yeah, I buy most of my shit off Amazon, but dude at the grow shop has been super cool to me, I was one of his first customers when he opened last year, and has kicked me a bunch of advice, seeds, knowledge etc. and I wanted to give him some business on a larger item. It’s been a pain, but shit happens sometimes, I was there when he was on the phone with the sales rep so know it was not his fault and I would rather spend a few extra bucks to support s local business and keep hi lm open. He’s literally less than a mile from my house and it’s nice to be able to go to a brick and mortar for last minute things or someone to talk to.

It’s all good, I’ll get what I need soon enough:smoking:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah, I buy most of my shit off Amazon, but dude at the grow shop has been super cool to me, I was one of his first customers when he opened last year, and has kicked me a bunch of advice, seeds, knowledge etc. and I wanted to give him some business on a larger item. It’s been a pain, but shit happens sometimes, I was there when he was on the phone with the sales rep so know it was not his fault and I would rather spend a few extra bucks to support s local business and keep hi lm open. He’s literally less than a mile from my house and it’s nice to be able to go to a brick and mortar for last minute things or someone to talk to.

It’s all good, I’ll get what I need soon enough:smoking:

If you know a local shop that gives you good prices, definitely support them. I go to Amazon because a gallon of Tiger Bloom costs $70 in my local stores. If the local stores wanted me as a customer they wouldn't charge 50% more than I pay online. At that price point I figure their buyers are either morons or are intentionally trying to fleece us. Either way they don't get my business. I went to buy some propane lines the other day and had them in my cart heading up to the register. Just for sh*ts I checked Amazon and my local store was charging over 250% more. So unless I'm buying nuts and bolts or an emergency necessity, they've lost my business permanently.

Last edited:
F

FutureGrower

If you know a local shop that gives you good prices, definitely support them. I go to Amazon because a gallon of Tiger Bloom costs $70 in my local stores. If the local stores wanted me as a customer they wouldn't charge 50% more than I pay online. At that price point I figure their buyers are either morons or are intentionally trying to fleece us. Either way they don't get my business. I went to buy some propane lines the other day and had them in my cart heading up to the register. Just for sh*ts I checked Amazon and my local store was charging over 250% more. So unless I'm buying nuts and bolts or an emergency necessity, they've lost my business permanently.

I really don't know shit about salt based nutes but you can mix up an a and b solution for dirt cheap yourself tons of online tutorials. I almost decided to mix some of my own even though I wouldn't even use it just as a fun project. Still might and do one plant ran by a nute program or something. For all the no tillers reading it would simply be for a fun project I'm in no way interested in salts :)

F

FutureGrower

In order to buy local successfully you really need to know where to look, especially in bigger cities. I paid $28 for a cubic foot of local lava rocks that would of cost closer to $150 in bags. Also I paid 30$ for my alum frame i used on my led build for almost $80 of aluminum at home depot or lowes. I had to search Google and found stuff around page 3 or 4.

Ok I'm gonna leave these random comments out of your thread @Wishbone sorry for all the static talk buddy :)

Wishbone

Wishbone

In order to buy local successfully you really need to know where to look, especially in bigger cities. I paid $28 for a cubic foot of local lava rocks that would of cost closer to $150 in bags. Also I paid 30$ for my alum frame i used on my led build for almost $80 of aluminum at home depot or lowes. I had to search Google and found stuff around page 3 or 4.

Ok I'm gonna leave these random comments out of your thread @Wishbone sorry for all the static talk buddy :)

No worries. I need to spend some more time sourcing ingredients next spring, couldn’t find much in my town for a reasonable price, the local nursery is gouging prices for everything. Need to expand the search to the greater Denver area.

Wishbone

Wishbone

All plants are well on their way into flower, pollinated a branch on one of each strain with the Stardawg pollen last night. The stretch seems to be over and a nice canopy has developed, also finally got my filter, but had to go to a different shop and get refunded from my local bro.

Got everything all trellised up, need to a a much better job prepping for big plants next year, getting the netting and filter into place was a major bitch crawling around and squeezing between plants. Should be all set til harvest now though.

A91E9E3A 0686 4D01 AF98 8D0F8520E1D2

19C11A71 EEC1 468B 8AD2 FA3749A3F097

1188D8C5 FB8B 4AC9 BF21 71A599035E3D

63D5F23D DB7D 4608 809D E4D0B56114E0

344CAE37 A111 4A69 BBAA BEB9B659BD8A

Bud shots: TW, 9#, Stardawg, Blueberry. TW is furthest along and starting to frost up.

CD59EC88 37AC 4213 BCF3 6A93CBA3E6DB

43DA3131 C0C5 462F B984 15DD18BF62EE

EFBC25D7 BECE 4090 91A6 1D9ACDE7C756

53552AE2 8604 401E 8C4D 9BF9D99F004C

Wishbone

Wishbone

Also, don’t remember if I mentioned earlier, but running one of the TWs on a bottle feed with leftovers from last year, Elevations Organics veg, bloom and cal mag. The bottle fed girl is starting to fade compared to the other two in the no till soil, which I found surprising.

1672C8AD 9BA5 4EB0 8FAF 9F1D20BAB6F9
619B8B0F 8F69 4F09 93C6 C925B2CD6936

F

FutureGrower

Also, don’t remember if I mentioned earlier, but running one of the TWs on a bottle feed with leftovers from last year, Elevations Organics veg, bloom and cal mag. The bottle fed girl is starting to fade compared to the other two in the no till soil, which I found surprising.

View attachment 826420 View attachment 826421

You'll have to share the difference in smoke if there is any! Always curious if everything was equal which would shine through :)

Wishbone

Wishbone

Things are cooking along nicely, TW is furthest along, I would guess a chop by the end of the month, 9#s in second with a good frost and smell going, Stardawg and Blue just getting beginning to show some bracts and resin.

Been having nice hot dry weather that the girls have been eating up, with more in the foreseeable future. Going to start hitting them with Actinovate in the next week or so to get ahead of any pm or mold issues once the temps start to drop and high humidity mornings and nights are upon me. Will probably do a big defol at the same time to help with airflow. Still working to knock back fungus gnats, but the are much more in control after a few azamax drenches. Still no signs of any other pests (knocks on wood).

TW
7E3490DA 942D 4DFE 9AB1 4E65964BFBF2

562E6CF1 FFA9 4680 823B 6D9D00001794

9#
5285DC61 1AF0 451F B68E C07035A82367

Stardawg
FB65DE95 19AB 4C11 8802 7E0A484025C8

Blues
FB65DE95 19AB 4C11 8802 7E0A484025C8

The gang
6037B1EA 07B3 4DC0 BD8E 7CE65DB2824A

8F42DB39 C59F 4F1E BA53 70E396993636

A926C128 B822 43E9 9E5F 08AF73104933
F

FutureGrower

I believe it was @Rcubed that recommended mosquito dunks yo me and it works great. I don't know about in a greenhouse environment though. It should be completely safe to you your soul and your plant. If I'm not mistaken its just a type of bacteria that enjoy killing our pests for us

Your grow is looking amazing!

Wishbone

Wishbone

I believe it was @Rcubed that recommended mosquito dunks yo me and it works great. I don't know about in a greenhouse environment though. It should be completely safe to you your soul and your plant. If I'm not mistaken its just a type of bacteria that enjoy killing our pests for us

Your grow is looking amazing!

Thanks! I’ll check those out, always looking for new products and solutions.

Top Bottom