Wishbone’s Outdoor - Round 2

• Thread starter Wishbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Looking pretty good but maybe lacking a bit of nitrogen. Do you have a test kit or a local store that will test your soil for you? They aren't necessarily deficient, some strains like my Creamsicle are yellowish no matter what we give them, but never hurts to check. I've found a little Cal/Mag and B-vites can help with this sometimes as well.

Sorry about my late response. My WiFi is 100% cellular and my reception is sh*t right now. Thought it was the weather at first but found out it's because my COB lights are causin massive interference. Go figure. So I missed some notifications. Trying to catch up now but my access is hit or miss.

With all that you've been through (ie, that super hot run of days) I think you're doing brilliantly. Please don't take my earlier observation as a put down. I just want you to have an excellent harvest my brother.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Looking pretty good but maybe lacking a bit of nitrogen. Do you have a test kit or a local store that will test your soil for you? They aren't necessarily deficient, some strains like my Creamsicle are yellowish no matter what we give them, but never hurts to check. I've found a little Cal/Mag and B-vites can help with this sometimes as well.

Sorry about my late response. My WiFi is 100% cellular and my reception is sh*t right now. Thought it was the weather at first but found out it's because my COB lights are causin massive interference. Go figure. So I missed some notifications. Trying to catch up now but my access is hit or miss.

With all that you've been through (ie, that super hot run of days) I think you're doing brilliantly. Please don't take my earlier observation as a put down. I just want you to have an excellent harvest my brother.

...and an FYI, if you didn't already know, Cal/Mag has nitrogen so you can kill two birds, one stone.

PS, Humic fulvic also did wonders for me last year when I was struggling with my yellow Creamsicle.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Thanks man, are you talking about just the little guy? I haven’t checked the soil, and really have been neglecting it other than water kinda on purpose to see what happens lol, it will yield maybe a quarter or two at best. I hit her this morning with some of the juice I have been feeding the one TW for good measure.

Or are you referring to the other girls? The TWs are fading pretty good now, but they are getting pretty close to harvest compared to the rest of em.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The mix going on the TW does include cal mag, didn’t add any veg nutes.

I saw the yellowing on all of them, but it sounds like you've already got it handled.

Right on. Maybe next grow check out the humic fulvic. It's more effective early on in the veg cycle but can still benefit in the flower stage. I used AN Ancient Earth last year and it help tremendously. Couldn't afford it this time. Would go a long way in small pots but 100-200gal pots require a lot.
51ysDkmAhlL 438f14d8 bca3 4309 9882 ee81e30bff54 1024x1024

The Creamsicle has been a real pain in the a$$ with it's constant nitrogen problems. I guess she's one of those "hard to grow" plants. I added Cal/Mag formulated for hydro 8 days ago for a quicker uptake and doubled the Tiger Bloom 3 days ago. She's responding better than I expected. Twice as green in the last 3 days and she's pretty far along. I added more Tiger Bloom to extend the flowering time but the pretty green was a most favorable unexpected consequence...
20180916 124338

F

FutureGrower

Post some update pics when you get a chance buddy. One of my favorite threads :)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What little experience I have has taught me feeding my girls is only half the process. If I want those big beauties like I see @Greatlakes is growing I have to hone my skills at creating a favorable soil environment for unhindered nutrient uptake. I think your no-till technique is a good start to that and will get better each year as your soil builds those nutrient superhighways. Have you seen her plants, they're unbelievable? Straight up guru level.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

What little experience I have has taught me feeding my girls is only half the process. If I want those big beauties like I see @Greatlakes is growing I have to hone my skills at creating a favorable soil environment for unhindered nutrient uptake. I think your no-till technique is a good start to that and will get better each year as your soil builds those nutrient superhighways. Have you seen her plants, they're unbelievable? Straight up guru level.
Awe...shucks...thanks :)

Wishbone

Wishbone

I saw the yellowing on all of them, but it sounds like you've already got it handled.

Right on. Maybe next grow check out the humic fulvic. It's more effective early on in the veg cycle but can still benefit in the flower stage. I used AN Ancient Earth last year and it help tremendously. Couldn't afford it this time. Would go a long way in small pots but 100-200gal pots require a lot.
View attachment 830012

The Creamsicle has been a real pain in the a$$ with it's constant nitrogen problems. I guess she's one of those "hard to grow" plants. I added Cal/Mag formulated for hydro 8 days ago for a quicker uptake and doubled the Tiger Bloom 3 days ago. She's responding better than I expected. Twice as green in the last 3 days and she's pretty far along. I added more Tiger Bloom to extend the flowering time but the pretty green was a most favorable unexpected consequence...
View attachment 830013

So everything other than the one TW is in the no till soil, so they haven’t been getting anything other than malted barley, molasses and recently seabird guano that’s high P. I do agree they could be a bit greener, the 9#s are def darker green than the Stardawg and blue, I think I need some more neem meal or similar in the initial soil mix. I have a pretty good list going of improvements for next year, and that is one of them, the main one is better canopy management. I severely underestimated their size and stretch and what to do with it, next year I think I am going to mainline then scrog the shit out of them for a lower, denser and more efficient canopy.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Agreed, I am going to look into some shit as an amendment, but for sure there is more to it than just adding ingredients.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So everything other than the one TW is in the no till soil, so they haven’t been getting anything other than malted barley, molasses and recently seabird guano that’s high P. I do agree they could be a bit greener, the 9#s are def darker green than the Stardawg and blue, I think I need some more neem meal or similar in the initial soil mix. I have a pretty good list going of improvements for next year, and that is one of them, the main one is better canopy management. I severely underestimated their size and stretch and what to do with it, next year I think I am going to mainline then scrog the shit out of them for a lower, denser and more efficient canopy.

...and it will all fall apart in process and you'll quickly adjust your techniques to compensate.... hahaha... growing cannabis is the best challenge I've ever had.

-Murphey's Law

I think you're going to have a great grow next year and a good yield this year. By the third year it's gonna look like a fairy garden. You struggled so hard when it first started with that jacked up heat wave. Without that I think you would have had a super lush grow this year. You may find not many adjustments are needed next year. It was a pretty hard start at over 100F for weeks. In a normal year all the things you're doing would have been more than sufficient. Agreed on the canopy control. That one got me this year too. I miss my shade cloth.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Post some update pics when you get a chance buddy. One of my favorite threads :)

Thanks! Nothing new really from the last update, Stardawg and blueberry are getting a better frost going, not sure how they will turn out given they are an unknown cross, but we’ll see. I’ll get some update pics next week when things have progressed a bit more.

Wishbone

Wishbone

...and it will all fall apart in process and you'll quickly adjust your techniques to compensate.... hahaha... growing cannabis is the best challenge I've ever had.

-Murphey's Law

I think you're going to have a great grow next year and a good yield this year. By the third year it's gonna look like a fairy garden. You struggled so hard when it first started with that jacked up heat wave. Without that I think you would have had a super lush grow this year. You may find not many adjustments are needed next year. It was a pretty hard start at over 100F for weeks. In a normal year all the things you're doing would have been more than sufficient. Agreed on the canopy control. That one got me this year too. I miss my shade cloth.

Lol, for sure.

Yep, I did make the midseason update of the exhaust fan so having that from the get go will certainly help. Going to add more fans and have everything setup better before the plants get too big as well, been a very reactive instead of proactive grow this year.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Harvest is getting closer! The Purple Wreck will be ready in the next week, I’ll probably chop one this weekend then the other two over the following week, pretty much all cloudy and maybe 5% Amber. I was hoping it would swell a bit further, but buds are nice and dense, just more, smaller ones. Thinking 1.5-2 oz per plant.

9#, Stardawg and blueberry are coming along, still have a ways to go, mid-end of October I’m thinking.

Weather has been amazing all of September but I think we’ll be getting some cooler weather here soon, going so start with Actinovate tomorrow to get ahead of any blights that might head this way. Still no sign of aphids or cats, only a few gnats remain.

TW
6AA38097 8270 4818 B59B B02F86DD810F

A8FC79A5 DF6A 4977 BBFE 7E6CBE499E9A

9#
64C5DE5B 4212 4E31 ACFB A74D5AF39210

Stardawg
5E7270C3 5D19 4D99 9871 8A747D1231C2

Blueberry
404DA7CB 9C07 417B 9A47 1A0FB2089A88
EB418CB5 B99D 4058 837F FFF6D0AA82D0

The gang, tough to capture.
FE546085 7F02 4F48 A56D 75130D5CFF97

And the little guy, definitely sure it’s Blueberry now.

4B8B4869 FD65 45C5 9BA0 A0D8AE53CB0B

Wishbone

Wishbone

Here are the three Purple Trainwrecks, two of them have been hiding in the corner. I was going to pull one of them today and throw it in the tent I just got for a few days in timeout before chop, but I wasn’t seeing the amount of cloudy trichs I was wanting so will give it another day or two. The other two will come down a few days later. The purps are just now starting to come out in the leaf tips on the buds, I contribute this to the low temps that have been in the upper 30s low 40s for the past week or so.

5C4F9FA4 2A19 4AF2 A78C 1333C1024814

43B3A827 510E 4DEC A904 70BCC4D569A7

Top Bottom