Witch of fhese 2 COB are best?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fangthane

Fangthane

The case isn't the same, the power supply obviously isn't the same.

There is nothing that makes it alike to mine other than it has 5 LEDs in a x pattern.
You've closely inspected both of our units and know exactly what's inside? Didn't think so - 'obviously. You think superficial aesthetic difference like number of cooling slits in the case proves it's an entirely different product? You can take that thing apart and install different COBs, without changing drivers. Your LEDs' CCT doesn't seem to have any relationship with the power supply. Maybe don't state opinion as fact when you clearly lack the information to back up absolute claims.

Without knowing my specific environmental conditions, the pictures I posted tell readers nothing more than that a shitty 250 watt fixture runs much hotter than a slightly-less-shitty 360-watt fixture in another tent in the same area. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who'll get years of use out of it. Some reviews I've read from people who've had them for a while seem to suggest your chances aren't great.

You're using low-end junk. It is what it is. No need to rationalize or make excuses. I'm stuck using it, too. If you're happy with it, great! But let's not pretend it's anything other than a turd that happens to do it's job decently - so far.

"Name" doesn't even come into it. I think even the very design itself is poorly thought out. All light sources crammed into an area under 8.5" x 12" seems like a good idea to you? Maybe magnificent if you wanna do a 2x2 really nicely; doesn't seem a great idea if you want more even coverage over a larger canopy. But, hell, maybe I'm just misinformed and wrongheaded, and you can prove me wrong. Always willing to learn

Pretty sure I'd seen you describe that light as being "almost too much for a 3x3 tent." Feel free to plot the PAR readings all throughout the tent and post the results. Surely, you can demonstrate how this marvel of modern technology is running neck and neck with Mars (people actually consider Mars good!?) and HLG stuff - all for 1/4 - 1/3 the price.

BigCube

BigCube

You've closely inspected both of our units and know exactly what's inside? Didn't think so - 'obviously. You think superficial aesthetic difference like number of cooling slits in the case proves it's an entirely different product? You can take that thing apart and install different COBs, without changing drivers. Your LEDs' CCT doesn't seem to have any relationship with the power supply. Maybe don't state opinion as fact when you clearly lack the information to back up absolute claims.

Without knowing my specific environmental conditions, the pictures I posted tell readers nothing more than that a shitty 250 watt fixture runs much hotter than a slightly-less-shitty 360-watt fixture in another tent in the same area. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who'll get years of use out of it. Some reviews I've read from people who've had them for a while seem to suggest your chances aren't great.

You're using low-end junk. It is what it is. No need to rationalize or make excuses. I'm stuck using it, too. If you're happy with it, great! But let's not pretend it's anything other than a turd that happens to do it's job decently - so far.

"Name" doesn't even come into it. I think even the very design itself is poorly thought out. All light sources crammed into an area under 8.5" x 12" seems like a good idea to you? Maybe magnificent if you wanna do a 2x2 really nicely; doesn't seem a great idea if you want more even coverage over a larger canopy. But, hell, maybe I'm just misinformed and wrongheaded, and you can prove me wrong. Always willing to learn

Pretty sure I'd seen you describe that light as being "almost too much for a 3x3 tent." Feel free to plot the PAR readings all throughout the tent and post the results. Surely, you can demonstrate how this marvel of modern technology is running neck and neck with Mars (people actually consider Mars good!?) and HLG stuff - all for 1/4 - 1/3 the price.

So, first of all, I dont need to have yours in front of me to know it's a completely different light. Also it's not an opinion. Rather an educated deduction. If the power supplies were the same, mine would heat up like yours. Since that's how technology works, any inefficiencies in the circuit are lost as heat. More heat = less efficiency. That's not an opinion, that is fact.

The case, well yeah, a blind man can see the case is different.

The cobs themself? Well I dont think I have prove to you that they arent the same as the ones that I have, do I?

If you actually read what I typed, you would have read that i have taken out a par meter and tested all 3 I bought.
They all performed accurately to the product listing. + - 5%

As for the product size. It might be nicer to have the lights spread out a bit, but at that price you just buy another one. And it doesn't lack for par, in a reflective 3x3x6 I finished off my last plant with the light as high as I could get it (about 5 Inches from the top of the tent) and the closest top 10 inches away.

Anyways, time will certainly tell. Even if these dont hold up, they are definitely a good low budget light. I am scroggin it now, so we shall see.

People put too much stock in brand name things, not just fixtures but the actual LEDs in that fixture too. As long as it specs out, use it.

basscaptain

basscaptain

People put too much stock in brand name things, not just fixtures but the actual LEDs in that fixture too. As long as it specs out, use it.
A man got to do what a man got to do,
20190903 181500
20190903 213105

Skidmarx

Skidmarx

Hi everyone

I have been meaning soon when money is good to get COB light

In have a 4x4 area I want to cover, I was of going to get to of these cob's off eBay in link below to replace my 600watt HPS

But now speaking to someone on this forum and seeing his results in not sure if 2 of the light he uses in the link be low be better? Less watt they are . I just want same yield or better as my hps with the electric saving by using led,,

Any info be great thanks
Hi PH, I have read great things about HLG units but I have bought 3 of the smaller 120w units off of that fella on eBay. I needed pre assembled units by a reliable seller and like you I found him. All 3 running fine over the last 8 months. Yields are same as full spec LEDs buts the power consumption drasticly lower. He answers all emails and will build a spefic unit if you email him a link. I know this because he replied to me one time with the specs for someone else's request. I made a mental note for when I upgrade. I got 3 single panels (3000k,3500k + reds 4000k)as I run different strains and sometimes in different sized tents. Which ever seller you chose the same applies.
How responsive are they to questions
How good is their feedback/recommendations

Last edited:
Top Bottom