Woke Up To Droopy Seedlings Any Ideas?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Ffhf soil. 17 days from sprout. Plan on transplanting tomorrow.

I watered the two larger plants yesterday and they looked fine afterwards. The smaller ones were watered 2 days ago.

Today I woke up to this.

I stuck a probe in the soil and it is moist to wet but not very wet.

I am thinking possibly this is a nutrient issue since I have been feeding with plain water only.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Woke up to droopy seedlings any ideas
Woke up to droopy seedlings any ideas 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ffhf soil. 17 days from sprout. Plan on transplanting tomorrow.

I watered the two larger plants yesterday and they looked fine afterwards. The smaller ones were watered 2 days ago.

Today I woke up to this.

I stuck a probe in the soil and it is moist to wet but not very wet.

I am thinking possibly this is a nutrient issue since I have been feeding with plain water only.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
looks to be a watering issue to me, just abit too frequently.
your temp and humidity good?
lights? how close?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

lights? how close?
It looks to me like a watering issue as well. Roots can't breathe if they're too wet.

@GNick55 - I noticed you didn't call it over-watering because it's hard to over-water. It's very easy to water too frequently ... and most of us do it when we're brand new to growing. Good way to help people understand what is happening ...

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Temps and humidity are okay not great. Temps have been as high as 85 and as low as 69. Humidity has been as low as 27 and as high as 55. The light is maybe 30 inches away. Not sure exactly.
lights? how close

P

Pike

Could use some N looks like, I imagine you have drain holes in the cups.

are the lights just about to go out, or did they just come on? At both points, the plant is going to sleep, or it’s just waking up, they droop.
feel the weight of the cup, if heavy leave alone, does not hurt to let your medium dry out, you are not going to kill the plant.

couple tips, I start in solos as well, let the soil dry out, till the cup is lightweight dry. Should see the fans droop, being thirsty. They droop, not curl. Then you can water, I use 200ml in a solo. Don’t feed till the lower fans start to fade to light green.

this gives you a starting point, you know how much to water, and when to start a feeding regime. There are many ideas and grow styles, even after years of growing we all still make mistakes. Soil imo is the easiest medium to grow in, all I’ve ever done. Let the plants do there thing, give um what they need when they tell you.
I think we all went overboard caring for are plants when first getting started.

if those were my plants, I would flush with phed water till it was pouring out of the bottom, running out good. Set at a 45 angle and let drain well, hopefully your soil mix drains well. In a hr or two hit um with veg nute, just a bit, 100ml splash to get some food to um. Then let um dry out.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

My thing is, if it's from over watering, why do they look worse today than they did yesterday?

Watered 2 days ago.

Soil meter reads moist.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My thing is, if it's from over watering, why do they look worse today than they did yesterday?

Watered 2 days ago.

Soil meter reads moist.
Probe your soil in more than one area. Don't water again until the meter begins to show "dry." Pictured below is the one we use. (We have one for each tent.) I like this one because It's a scale of 1 through 10. Others are just a scale of 1 - 4, and I don't fully trust the digital ones.

I water when the meter reaches 3 and no less than 2.5. You want it mostly dry, not bone dry.

Moisture Meter

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Okay. Thank you.
Probe your soil in more than one area. Don't water again until the meter begins to show "dry." Pictured below is the one we use. (We have one for each tent.) I like this one because It's a scale of 1 through 10. Others are just a scale of 1 - 4, and I don't fully trust the digital ones.

I water when the meter reaches 3 and no less than 2.5. You want it mostly dry, not bone dry.

View attachment 1196474

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh.. I thought moist meant enough oxygen to breath and dry meant time to water.

Actually, as the water drains through your soil, it pulls O2 into it. If it's too wet (soil is too heavy and doesn't drain well), roots suffocate. This is why many growers add course perlite to their growing mix. It provides better drainage and more little places for O2 to get trapped.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Watered 2 days ago.

Soil meter reads moist.
Up pot. Add extra perlite to the new soil. You’ll be fine. Don’t feed for a while after you up pot because the plants will deplete the nutrients in the soil first. You’ll be fine. Like pike said, patience is the biggest factor in soil, along with a proper wet/dry cycle.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Woke up to this this morning. Dude wtf? Is this root rot or what. Soil is dry but plants keep looking worse day by day.

IMG 20211213 082502
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I was thinking root bound but I've seen grows where the whole run was done in solo cups so idk.

Top Bottom