• Thread starter captainkip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

captainkip

HTML:
<head>
</head>
<body>I've been contemplating growing for a long time now and the lights i have are complete junk... Currently the lights i have are 15w fluorescent tubes that put out about 1000 lumens a piece so that doesnt work... I was just wondering if 2 of these light panels would work for growing! I'm completely confused by it because I've heard LED lights have something like 150 lumens per watt. Also the person selling them says that they compare to a 250W HPS light.
    * Power Supply: 110V
    * LED Bulbs Power: 13.8watts. (60x Blue LEDs + 165x Red LEDs)
    * Red LED wavelength: 620nm-630nm
    * Blue LED wavelength: 460nm-470nm
    * Red LED Bulb Lumen: 0.6LM x 165 Red LEDs
    * Blue LED Bulb Lumen: 0.32LM x 60 Blue LEDs
    * LED Bulb Diameter: 5MM
    * Minimal Heat To Keep Your Plants From Burning
    * Perfect for Indoor Growing
    * Recommended coverage: one panel per 18" x 18" (about 2 sq ft)
There is also this panel.
<ul>
<li>Each light contains 225 pieces, 6-centiwatt, 5mm LEDs</li>
<li>R/B/O/W color ratio of 9:2:2:2
(135-red, 30-blue, 30-orange, 30-white LEDs / panel)</li>
<li>Precision red & orange LEDs from High Power Opto</li>
<li>Precision blue & white LEDs from Bridgelux USA</li>
<li>Orange & white LEDs provide fill for all missing spectrums</li>
<li>True optimized spectrum with tight-tolerance LEDs</li>
<li>Unrivaled chlorophyll/carotenes/xanthophylls absorption</li>
<li>Uses wide-angle LEDs for max coverage & output/li>
<li>Silver-reflective board under LEDs increases efficiency</li>
<li>No infrared rays or ultraviolet radiation to stunt plants</li>
<li>LEDs emit light without using filaments; light runs cool</li>
<li>Built-in, ballast-free, power supply circuitry</li>
</ul>
</body>
</html>

W

WilliamsWonder

I wouldn't bother using led's. Buy a Hid light. Led's aren't at the same level as a Hid, yet. From what I understand they need the bulbs replaced too soon. I have no personal experience with led's, but I've heard from many who say they aren't as good as a Hid. Maybe someone with experience will chime in and let you know what they think.

WilliamsWonder

20north

buy a light and you will get it right.

using leds will just waste your time ive heard they work only in propagation and as a suplement like just something because you have money to burn thats what ive heard from alot of ppl and greenhouses that are on hills to keep them somewhat dark at night and still veg plants without attracting much attention

L

Lost

Agreed.. Why bother with something the "pros" won't even look at.

Look a good led bulb today is 40 bucks.. When it get down to 5 dollars or less then the amount needed vs. effiency will equal out. For right now its a real expensive way to veg your plants and thats about it.. At least on a commercial level. If your growing inside a pc case looking to yield 20 grams, with little heat.... It may the the messiah.. Otherwise...

R

ReelBusy1

these are not lights to live by.
I have two of them in blue as a spectrum booster for a clone/veg box that has 4 ft flouros but thats about it.

C

captainkip

doesn't an hid light cost somewhere in the range of 300-2000$? But I'm also just looking at a small operation plan on spending somewhere near 100$ for my first setup right now i have one plant growing under 3 fluorescent tube lights each putting out 1000 lumens. Also about the computer case thing xP not quite as small as a computer case the box i'm using is 23.5x19.5x27 that would be length/width/height in inches. For my first couple of grows I plan on growing 1-3 plants. I was looking at youtube for the difference in led and hps lights at the same wattage they both look pretty much the exact same besides the differnce in the color of the light. But for hps lights don't you need a ballast so they get the right amount of electricity? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ll_ynrN5Kc&feature=related Also I don't plan on growing as a profession lol atleast not until i get my own house where i can dedicate a whole room to growing and can afford to buy some 600-1000w hps lights. Also another quick question would 100$ even be enough to get adequate lighting for my babies to flower?

J

Jobo

doesn't an hid light cost somewhere in the range of 300-2000$? But I'm also just looking at a small operation plan on spending somewhere near 100$ for my first setup right now i have one plant growing under 3 fluorescent tube lights each putting out 1000 lumens. Also about the computer case thing xP not quite as small as a computer case the box i'm using is 23.5x19.5x27 that would be length/width/height in inches. For my first couple of grows I plan on growing 1-3 plants. I was looking at youtube for the difference in led and hps lights at the same wattage they both look pretty much the exact same besides the differnce in the color of the light. But for hps lights don't you need a ballast so they get the right amount of electricity? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ll_ynrN5Kc&feature=related Also I don't plan on growing as a profession lol atleast not until i get my own house where i can dedicate a whole room to growing and can afford to buy some 600-1000w hps lights. Also another quick question would 100$ even be enough to get adequate lighting for my babies to flower?

Leds are more expensive that HIDS.

C

captainkip

thanks everybody it all comes down to this cfl not the best light source but the most efficient and energy saving:trying to save on the electric bill

Top Bottom