Wondering if this was early sign of potassium deficiency.

• Thread starter Clearbluesky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When using master blend I don't even use calmagic, just thought I would try it see if it would do anything.
Yeah I highly doubt its needed. But i also feel if you went with transition ratios until the end you may benefit. Instead of full flower ratios it again no point chasing ghosts sonif its working then roll with it brother

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here's recipe
Yup yup I understand the recommendations… not saying they are wrong, i just feel personally there is a slightly better option and would chnage my ratios at slightly different times.

For instance transition ratio start to pretty much the last 3 weeks adjusting concentration base on response to N as it goes. A P boost a week before flower then again after stretch and once swelling starts lower cal mag and N,P while increasing K

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But by no means do i claim that to be necessary nor imply your not doing it correctly

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I will let the reservoir empty then I'll refill it fresh, I use 5 gallon a day here's picture of fresh 5 gallons ready to be added but I will wait until I use all I got in the 20 bucket then refill fresh.

IMG 20220615 175214778
IMG 20220615 175218567
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I will take 3 buckets 5 gallon buckets tomorrow and add 12 grams of Base to on and 6 grams of Epsom salts to another one and 12 grams of calcium nitrate to the third bucket and see what the ppm is on each bucket and I will know for sure what I'm adding when making my mixture up for sure.think I already did it but forgot, so I will write it down.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Once I get my numbers on each bucket, I will post them and see what you think my ratios ought to be adding to the 20 gallon bucket. Because I use three 1 gallon jugs mixed very strong with each jug having it's own nutrient in it, and add to reservoir until I get the PPM I'm looking for. Again thanks for all replys and maybe someone else might want to try it, I have put some pictures up that's all been grown with the master blend.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Once I get my numbers on each bucket, I will post them and see what you think my ratios ought to be adding to the 20 gallon bucket. Because I use three 1 gallon jugs mixed very strong with each jug having it's own nutrient in it, and add to reservoir until I get the PPM I'm looking for. Again thanks for all replys and maybe someone else might want to try it, I have put some pictures up that's all been grown with the master blend.
So just hiw i do it is always mix my desired ratios then dilute until i get my target ppm this way im bot changing my nutrient ratios but rather my concentration of them.

I fond it much harder to adjust the amounts added individually than to mix a full recommendation and dilte to my desired ppm as this will keep my ratios the same no matter the concentration i desire.

I only change amounts of nutrients used if i want to change my ratios

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Here's recipe, that's for veg
So if thats your mix the ratio's in that are horrible the N is ok on it own but the P is at least 2+ times what it should be and K is far to high for everything else reguardless of K its still to low in Ca and Mg

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I've been taking 5 to ten leaves off every other day, not going to stress the plants, mater blend I have been using for a couple of years and got a lot of big bud pictures, the plants look good every where except where the air is hitting the leaves directly making them flopping around. So I'm going to say it is wind burn, but I appreciate the replies, will know more about my mixture today when I mix three different buckets to get a reading on each one so when I fill my 20 reservoir I add the right ppm of Base and magnesium and calcium nitrate, will see how they finish out. Been growing for 45 years now off and on. But I also still like to ask questions to figure something out. It helps when there's a lot of different in put so thanks for all replys. Will see in a few days.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

So if thats your mix the ratio's in that are horrible the N is ok on it own but the P is at least 2+ times what it should be and K is far to high for everything else reguardless of K its still to low in Ca and Mg [/QUOTE
So if thats your mix the ratio's in that are horrible the N is ok on it own but the P is at least 2+ times what it should be and K is far to high for everything else reguardless of K its still to low in Ca and Mg
Here's what master blend is when you mix all these together.

Screenshot 20220616 030512
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Here's picture of the rest of plants leaves, they look pretty good, will see in a week for sure.

IMG 20220616 031048129
IMG 20220616 031018006
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

So mixed the three buckets up, 12 grams of Base master blend in 5 gallon RO water PPM is 360.
Went ahead and did 12 grams instead of 6 grams of Epsom salts in 5 gallon bucket of RO water, PPM230
Mixed the calcium nitrate 12 grams in 5 gallon bucket of RO water and it was, PPM 360. So if anything I have been under feeding my plants with a little extra magnesium in the mix. I'm feeding right now 650 PPM and should be feeding 835 PPM. So the leaves are from strong air blowing on them or a little to much magnesium. But I got it now so things should grow even better now, but for 39 days old they will fill the 5x5 tent up with two autos. I will show you some big bud's from these plants, only giving 600 par right now but could could hit 1700 par if I wanted to but no way plants could handle it, but will move to 800 par once buds are established well.

Last edited:
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Last big plant I grew with master blend 3 parts, one plant in a 20 gallon air pot in promix. Had to take three pictures to really get it in photo good.

Screenshot 20220616 064944
Screenshot 20220616 064934
Screenshot 20220616 064924
Screenshot 20220616 065051
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Alien vs triangle is a 40/60 sativa indica, I feel the plant in back is favoring the sativa side which almost makes me want to pull it to give the room for the other plant that's flowering good. See what I can do for LST but might have to go

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

When you mix all three together it changes all the numbers you are looking at. But it is a little high on the P but has been working good and there's a lot of people running it in there hydro system.

Top Bottom