Wondering what this is curling leaves seedlings

• Thread starter Dwman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok so when do you want to flip them or start lowering hours?
we’ll change the feeding the next watering..
this next feeding will be
3 ml micro per gallon
2 ml flora per gallon

Dwman420

Dwman420

ok so when do you want to flip them or start lowering hours?
we’ll change the feeding the next watering..
this next feeding will be
3 ml micro per gallon
2 ml flora per gallon
My next watering should be Thursday or so and ok than I stay on this until last week or so than flush? Max ppms I should be hitting? Sorry for all the questions lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My next watering should be Thursday or so and ok than I stay on this until last week or so than flush? Max ppms I should be hitting? Sorry for all the questions lol
we’ll be changing nutrient needs throughout the whole flowering cycle..
ppm, ph, ec i have no clue about, i don’t grow that way..
you’ll figure it out or someone will let you know..

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Jumping into this a little late, but just a couple questions and possible responses.
1. Are you growing in an organic soil? If so why add nutrients? I have read many times about how Americans piss out more vitamins than any other national average, caused by taking too many supplements. I think many of us do it to our plants as well. I am not poor but don't have money to piss away either.
2. Do you water to a schedule or when it is needed? I have found that there are too many variables that affect watering, like lung room conditions, the changing of seasons, and as plants grow their water requirements grow.
3. If growing in soil, what is there to flush out?

Dwman420

Dwman420

I'm growing in promix hp which is peat with perlite from my understanding peat is inert and I only water when they are dry and going off last watering they take about 5 days to 7 days to dry out. I've only been feeding about 300 ppms which works out to about 1 ml per gallon of micro and bloom, also Canadian here🤣😉 and yea they usually take about the same amount of water to get run off but went from once a week to about every 5 days with the cloth bags. And from my understanding general hydroponics is salt based so would not like to smoke it if avoidable lol but yea I have been going real low with these ones no burning yet
Jumping into this a little late, but just a couple questions and possible responses.
1. Are you growing in an organic soil? If so why add nutrients? I have read many times about how Americans piss out more vitamins than any other national average, caused by taking too many supplements. I think many of us do it to our plants as well. I am not poor but don't have money to piss away either.
2. Do you water to a schedule or when it is needed? I have found that there are too many variables that affect watering, like lung room conditions, the changing of seasons, and as plants grow their water requirements grow.
3. If growing in soil, what is there to flush out?

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I'm growing in promix hp which is peat with perlite from my understanding peat is inert and I only water when they are dry and going off last watering they take about 5 days to 7 days to dry out. I've only been feeding about 300 ppms which works out to about 1 ml per gallon of micro and bloom, also Canadian here🤣😉 and yea they usually take about the same amount of water to get run off but went from once a week to about every 5 days with the cloth bags. And from my understanding general hydroponics is salt based so would not like to smoke it if avoidable lol but yea I have been going real low with these ones no burning yet
I understand flushing of some sort with hydroponic growing, but I don't believe in can be effective technique in soil. I mean I don't see how it is possible. I am an organic grower and don't knowingly put anything in that could an effect as you mention. I use hot soil, keep my water between 6/7 and don't know squat about ppm as it is not a concern. If I have runoff I probably over watered.

Dwman420

Dwman420

Flipped them on the 16th just wondering how close I should be letting them get to the lights? I think the place I bought them from said 12 to 18 inches what are signs I'm too close?
20230522 193003
20230522 193000

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Flipped them on the 16th just wondering how close I should be letting them get to the lights? I think the place I bought them from said 12 to 18 inches what are signs I'm too close?View attachment 1984518View attachment 1984519
actually looks about perfect for this stage…
watch for leaf tips going white and leaf edges starting to curl,
praying leafs can mean either too much light or not quite enough..

Dwman420

Dwman420

actually looks about perfect for this stage…
watch for leaf tips going white and leaf edges starting to curl,
praying leafs can mean either too much light or not quite enough..
Perfect thanks i know its not an accurate way to read but I have 20000 lux it says on my phone they can take a bit more? Or just stay where I'm at?

Dwman420

Dwman420

Perfect thanks i know its not an accurate way to read but I have 20000 lux it says on my phone they can take a bit more? Or just stay where I'm at?
About 60 percent power I think haven't touched it in a while

Dwman420

Dwman420

Ok I'll do that I look at them enough so should be able to tell a difference if it's hurting ill just post pics daily to see what you think thanks again I'll get it eventually than wont need so much hand holding haha

Bilber

Bilber

Looks great @Dwman420.....nice and healthy looking.....

I run peat/perlite mix with the General Hydroponics Flora Trio series......I wanna try the bx soil, but.........

I'm impressed with the GH Trio series.....I've yet to burn any plants with using it as directed.....once they ( the plants ) get accustomed to the feed, I bump it up a little bit.......

I tried a scrog net before ( don't tell @CannaGranny it was actually a trellis) and I ended up taking it out......maybe another time for me, but yours looks like it's getting scrogged......nicely at that.......

I'm following.......

Dwman420

Dwman420

Looks great @Dwman420.....nice and healthy looking.....

I run peat/perlite mix with the General Hydroponics Flora Trio series......I wanna try the bx soil, but.........

I'm impressed with the GH Trio series.....I've yet to burn any plants with using it as directed.....once they ( the plants ) get accustomed to the feed, I bump it up a little bit.......

I tried a scrog net before ( don't tell @CannaGranny it was actually a trellis) and I ended up taking it out......maybe another time for me, but yours looks like it's getting scrogged......nicely at that.......

I'm following.......
Thanks alot I felt like I was the only one using the trio good to hear I'm not lol and I figured it would be the only way to maximize my tent I've been very patient this run and just posting here has made me alot more confident and not so lost on what I'm doing. I'm excited to actually get weed that I want to smoke out of these but a ways to go before then. Everyone's advice here is super appreciated I don't think they would look so nice had I not followed alot of it. Still lots to learn but I feel like I can actually read the plants alot better and know what I was doing wrong before, also asking questions helps me alot. You follow gh chart? If so which one I was thinking my next run I would follow the light feed one they have but they have been doing great on what I have them at I figured I'd leave them alone this run. I was doing 1 ml of micro and bloom per gallon and cal mag 1.25 per litre in ro water. Am now at 3 micro 2 bloom per gallon. No gro but obviously isn't needed as they look pretty nice. I used to run coco and never knew what I was doing wrong but it was definitely a lot of different things haha peat is easier as I don't have to water them all the time organic soil would be cool to try and only water so i don't have to make nute water lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom