Word !! Newbie grower here ...

• Thread starter Buddy Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Franklin

Hi guys,

I am just starting out with a bush bud seed, the weed we have here is shit and nameless... all we score is shit tha gives us a headache... so basically we are thinking fuck it - lets grow our fkn own.

So I started with my snake cabinet, a plant my GF's Mum gave me (the bush weed) and a lot of wishful thinking. I thought that keeping a plant under shitty fluro's would have me growin' n smokin' in no time... after all the snake cabinet has lights, has a thermostat/probe etc.

So after a week of the plant stretching and doing Jack shit I have found his forum... I have been reading the articles (for noobs) and am now stepping up my game.

Current set up :

I currently have the plant under a couple of down lights (fluro/energy savers) ... only 15w (each) though and they are sitting about 2-3 inches away from the plant... wanted them closer - but because of my lack of knowledge I wasn't prepared. Then there's a 75 watt globe for the heat and a few other fluros (energy saver globes) above the plants box as well.

I also have 2 PC fans running on the small area... little tricky because I have the snake cabinet and then the little girl is in a (15 litre?) black tub...

She's growing in soil, potting mix, coconut husks (around sides of box) and I have given her some "Plant Starter".

Blah... blah... blah... you guys have probably heard this shit all before - so I better stop the intro. Basically I am testing the waters now and am preparing for my seeds to arrive... I ordered some smaller strains : Auto Assasin (Short Stuff), Lowryder #2 x AK47, Red Dwarf, Sharksbreath and some freebie seeds.

Cheers guys,
Buddy!!

S

smashed1

hi buddy franklin that headaic gear reminds me of all pot 20 years ago an i dont miss it at all and about your lights ive never used them but fluros arnt bad 4 veg but no good 4 buding ull work it out wen u get into the indoor grow section good luk wit it i few my mates grow hydro personly i couldnt be fukd wit all the mucking around, the garden is 4 me nice n cheap n i now wat ima doing there.. 20 years growing and still learning. see u around.. by the way i thout good pot was every wear ???

B

Buddy Franklin

Cheers smashed1, yeah I plan on using my cabinet for raising the seedlings, I have a kick ass cupboard built into the wall that I plan on using after I fuck around a bit... then I will still use cheap alternatives - like LEDs or kick ass fluro's and soil (gonna go castings and compost).

The pot here (in country vic) is fkn shit, guess it depends on who ya know... I will upload pic's at some time to get opinions of my grow areas.

devious d

devious d

flouerecence are great for vegging but hard workl for flowering, even tho ive seen a few on here that prove me wrong, post some pics ,give us an idea whats going on.even a 250 hps off ebay $30 for flowering

B

Buddy Franklin

flouerecence are great for vegging but hard workl for flowering, post some pics ,give us an idea whats going on.even a 250 hps off ebay $30 for flowering

Cheers, yeah I think that I will go alternative lighting when/if I get to the stage of flowering, OK I will upload a few pic's and see what ppl reckon and get some advice... it's still young and I am sill seeing what works for me and the plant.

devious d

devious d

flouerecence are great for vegging but hard workl for flowering, even tho ive seen a few on here that prove me wrong, post some pics ,give us an idea whats going on.even a 250 hps off ebay $30 for flowering
my veg room is a cupboard:joint:

B

Buddy Franklin

Hey Guys, Last few days have been busy, I visited my Nan (Gran) & Pops (Grandpa) - Pop recently passed away - so I decided to grab some of his chicken shit and worms, got plenty of both, the chicken shit has been idle for the past 12 months or so (which should mean it's nearly ready to use). The worms I will use for obvious reasons.

I have just made a few compost heaps consisting of :

Chicken shit.
Worms and castings.
Old bark chips that were old & moldy.
Newspaper and some old garden soil.

I also got some of my Pop's old tomato seeds and other vegies, he'd love to know someone is still using his strains and favorites - we also had seeds from his last tomato crop... so I will plant all of these to - gives me an alibi for working in yard while looking after my main plants.

I have also used some of the above mix around my plant, built up the soil - but left a few CM's around the plant so I wont burn it... last few days it's started to grow better.

These are shitty pics - taken using my laptop camera, the first is the plant (notice size of the thermometer next to it) and the second is my small raiser - with 2 fans on top and 4 CFL floodlights.

Still waiting for my seeds to arrive...

Snapshot 20101012 12
Snapshot 20101012 1
Top Bottom