Working At A Dispensary

• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is exactly why is wrong with the industry black and white today. In no way shape or form should a trimmer ever get paid $30 an hour. That is just silly.
Your inside, very little education, free food, smoke weed, listen to music, brainless work and you pay them $30 an hour??? No wonder trimmers heads have gotten so big in the last couple of years..
Can I ask how much per lb. are you getting to pay a peddling trimmer $30 an hour?
I get 24 per unit and I won’t pay but the very best 20 and once they start to taper off”7-8 hour mark” I send them on their way. Every trimming claims they can hold pace for 12-14 hour days but that is simply untrue. Time tested over and over, if your a trimmer demanding $30 an hour your head is to far up your own ass!

What can I say.. These trimmers are our friends and we like to treat our friends well. For what it's worth I'm not even growing for this group anymore, I'm just good friends with them all. The goal of the collective which includes dozens of growers and hundreds of workers is to make money for the growers yeah, but also to provide good paying employment for everyone. Trimming is one of those jobs that let's be honest, most people arent very quick or efficient at. So yeah I can agree most people shouldn't make much doing it. But when you have a solid group who is fast, efficient, professional, provides their own trimming machine AND takes care off all the drying and curing as well as dumping pots and cleaning the room, some have been working for you for 20 years AND they are your good friends who you grew up with, you pay them well. Treat your workers right. Believe me the growers make good enough money, some of these crops are north of 150 lbs. There is plenty to go around. And thats even with the current low market prices of 1500-1800/lb. average.

Also worth keeping in mind, $30 in Canada isnt the same as $30 in the US. Our minimum wage is going to be $15/hr this year.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just texted my buddy to double check nd make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass.. I kinda was. Only the Lady who owns the machine and runs the crew makes $30. Her #2 makes $25/hr and the other chicks make $20/hr

Dan789

Dan789

I wasnt looking at the industry as a whole... lotz more to it than i thought. I was thinking $12 an hour behind a counter weighing out grams and shoot’n the shit about weed all day, get all jacked up on coffee and bullshit all day :0)
Don’t forget cozying up to all the lady customers, one dispensary I went into in Sacramento, when they had women customers, men didn’t exist...

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Just texted my buddy to double check nd make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass.. I kinda was. Only the Lady who owns the machine and runs the crew makes $30. Her #2 makes $25/hr and the other chicks make $20/hr
LoL well that is a completely different story then paying hand trimmers $30 hour, the quality difference is also day and night. Just my opinion.

Kutabolon

Kutabolon

$30 per hour for machine trimming? That's mad. Machine trimmed bud is way inferior to hand trimmed. I trim my bud 100% by hand. It takes me about 3 days to process 1 kilogram of dry bud.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
$30 per hour for machine trimming? That's mad. Machine trimmed bud is way inferior to hand trimmed. I trim my bud 100% by hand. It takes me about 3 days to process 1 kilogram of dry bud.

These guys are processing a lot more than a kilo.

I also do it myself by hand personally. But mainly because nobody wants to help lol.

H

hawkman

hand trimming is the worst job (if there are any?) time is the factor - have seen some excellent trimmed buds by automaic trim-ers ( cost if very high for machines) hand trimming is putting a "personal" touch - a good Bud Tender does this any way and you probaly a;; ready know that one can get certified as a Tender + other certifications at Green Flower.com or Ganjapreneur.com for many marijuana certification - maybe a paper certification as bud tender will warrant more money ?????????

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
hand trimming is the worst job (if there are any?) time is the factor - have seen some excellent trimmed buds by automaic trim-ers ( cost if very high for machines) hand trimming is putting a "personal" touch - a good Bud Tender does this any way and you probaly a;; ready know that one can get certified as a Tender + other certifications at Green Flower.com or Ganjapreneur.com for many marijuana certification - maybe a paper certification as bud tender will warrant more money ?????????
Yes I will pay you double if you have a paper certificate lol

H

hawkman

Yes I will pay you double if you have a paper certificate lol

Maybe your place of employment with cover the cost of or split cost ? It would be a feather in the cap for the dispensary (We have certified bud trenders' !!!!)

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Maybe your place of employment with cover the cost of or split cost ? It would be a feather in the cap for the dispensary (We have certified bud trenders' !!!!)
I think you missed my sarcasm.ill print you out some certificates now and you can sign them so I can pay you double.

Madbud

Madbud

My concern about working in the industry (or getting a med card) is the fed documentation, especially regarding fid cards. Staying wayyyy below the radar, thank you.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
My concern about working in the industry (or getting a med card) is the fed documentation, especially regarding fid cards. Staying wayyyy below the radar, thank you.
Your concerns are just paranoia. If you want to be a slave to the state get a badge. If the Feds so come it won’t be for the bud tenders and Medcard holders. And if they do You will at least have time to get away when they are busting all the owners.
The feds are raking in too much cash from taxes to shut down the industry. Revenue is the culprit to regulation. And is exactly why we don’t have decriminalization, the American people love money they didn’t earn.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
We got trim crews down here that only charge 16 per hour per person. They are crazy fast and pick lettuce with their other hand at the same time. LMAO

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is exactly why is wrong with the industry black and white today. In no way shape or form should a trimmer ever get paid $30 an hour. That is just silly.
Your inside, very little education, free food, smoke weed, listen to music, brainless work and you pay them $30 an hour??? No wonder trimmers heads have gotten so big in the last couple of years..
Can I ask how much per lb. are you getting to pay a peddling trimmer $30 an hour?
I get 24 per unit and I won’t pay but the very best 20 and once they start to taper off”7-8 hour mark” I send them on their way. Every trimming claims they can hold pace for 12-14 hour days but that is simply untrue. Time tested over and over, if your a trimmer demanding $30 an hour your head is to far up your own ass!
well said man!!!!!

Top Bottom