worm castings and humus are same thing ?

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

hey guys again,

are worm castings and humus same thing ?

hubcap

hubcap

no.

worm castings are worm poop

humus, generally, is a mix comprised of mosses/peats. forest floor materiales, if you will. while mixes/ratios will vary...
alot of the better quality soils on the market today are comprised, of some sort, of humus.

not nearly as many add castings.
stuff really is black gold

C

charlesweedmore

thanks.
i heard that i have to add microherd so that biobizz ( it is organic nutrient ) could work .

is biobizz really useless with peatmoss or cocopeat unless there is microherd ?

only is wormcasts enough for adding microherd to soilless mix ?

B

British_Hempire

Biobizz is useless with coco full stop, it will work but th yield will be much smaller than with a good coco nute like canna a+b.

To add a microherd, buy a packet of michorizae funghi, it's widely available. Feed this microherd with molasses.

B

British_Hempire

No worries man, hope it helped point you in the right direction. Liquid worm humus is strong in humic and fulvic acids and helps nute uptake, basically your plants will absorb more nutes. Not sure if worm humus also benefits the microherd, I suspect it will do in some way.

hubcap

hubcap

castings/humus
all poop
no?

i was under the impression he was talking about 'forest humus' which is as stated. i musta missunderstood.

C

charlesweedmore

To add a microherd, buy a packet of michorizae funghi, it's widely available. Feed this microherd with molasses.

i cant find that here :(

is there another way to add some microherd to peatmoss ( or coco ) ?

M

mato

no.

worm castings are worm poop

stuff really is black gold

Diamonds, if you can get someone with a worm farm who feeds their worms exceptionally nutritious food sources. I used to use store bought Organic castings at a premium price. After trying homemade castings, I'm sold.....and saving $$$$. I only wish I had the accommodations to make my own.....

hubcap

hubcap

oh mato...
you got pics or helpful instructions on making a worm farm?
id be allll over that!!!

just dont have a small time farmer friendly design that ive found usefull.....yet.

maybe youve some ideas?

Top Bottom