• Thread starter Hemplover50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hightechredneck

Hightechredneck

I did find a place with the BTK spray today. Thanks! I'll update

mancorn

mancorn

Hate to say it, but unless you’re spraying in July and August you’re pretty much SOL at this point. The mouths lay the eggs on the cola tops, when the moth hatches it’s super tiny and moves towards the center of the bud where it sets up shop, munching, pooping and growing along with the bud. By now your buds are going to be fairly big (hopefully) and the worm is deep inside. When you spray late in the season, it’s real hard for the Bt to get inside the bud where the worm is. (The worm has to eat vegetation with the spray on it, the spray will not kill the worm on contact.

It’s not like spraying is completely unless (It will get any new worms that are just hatching), but not nearly as effective as spraying in the earlier months when the spray covers all the vegetation. If you live in an area where the worms are a problem, you should start spraying before you ever see them.

At this point (depending on the size of your crop) you should do as much manual inspection as possible, concentrating on your top colas. (You will hardly ever find them down low deep in your plant. They’ll primarily be in your top/highest colas.) When you find them you’ll almost assuredly have to remove a portion of the bud. But if you don’t get em out, the entire cola will end up rotten due to all the poop and dead vegetation in the center,

Madbud

Madbud

But these are waiting to hatch so its not too late, just late. Picked five off this bud alone. I find about a dozen each day.
BB3A3376 D74E 4693 AD87 D4012DD4D0B7
EDB3A2D1 2702 4BD9 B6ED FC43A120D30B

mancorn

mancorn

But these are waiting to hatch so its not too late, just late. Picked five off this bud alone. I find about a dozen each day.
I would consider your buds pretty immature at this point, so yes spray would certainly work since the Bt or Spinosad will cover almost all of the vegetation. It’s when the bud is mature (like pictured and what I had assumed Rednecks was) that the spray can’t work into the center (where the worm is).

78774EDA 7286 44C3 AD19 CB2F049B042C

Odaenathus

Odaenathus

I had to do a little greenhouse rounded with mosquito net and a polycarbonate roof to stop moths.
BT has never worked for me. If you live in a place where moths are usual it's going to be a massacre every year.
You can buy a premade greenhouse structure in multiple websites and adapt it to your need. Or if you know a blacksmith you can order a tailor-made structure.
You will spend some money and time, but is a good investment, worms, caterpillars, grasshoppers... They are the worst plague in my opinion and when you see the first one it's too late.

Hightechredneck

Hightechredneck

Does this lady look ripe? I’m seeing white trichomes and a few are brown.

seemed to slow down the worms but didn’t want to harvest too soon either.

28BBDECC 9AB1 4E26 AA94 A68CD6F72AD7
Top Bottom