worried about new smart meters

• Thread starter Budds Bunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budds Bunny

My grow room is small and is only 1k of light but the power company just put in these new smart readers and I was acting interested getting info and they told me that they monitor when and how I use my electricity. I am a Lil worried now I do live next to a cop and we are in a rural area but don't k ow if I'm gonna be an easy hit now or what? Any insight would be helpful. It is a 1 light system 6 plants in a 5 x 5 room. I do have a big blower also that kicks on when it's on with and a dehumidifier and 2 fans all on a 12 hr timer but I'm a Lil worried they will see that

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I would worry more about living next 2 a cop:scared0016:

B

Budds Bunny

Nah not lime we r right next door it's a good 200 yards to his house

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Kool I was thinking like rite next door like he could smell ur smoke outs.. But a 1000 watt light plus fans isn't anything 2 worry about.. If ur super paranoid run the lights on during normal hrs & it would look like normal daily use.. Like somebody watching a big screen tv allday long..or even at nite u could say ur online gaming allnite with ur big screen tv & 1000 watt surround sound blasting..I'm thinking they juss want 2 get payed.. The people running a grip of 1000 watt lights might worry cuz I have no idea what they could say..

purpleberry

purpleberry

If you have to woory about getting caught, I would for sure get a flip flop and run 2 1k set ups so the power used looks like you have something on 24/7.
I have one of those and dont like it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol hes worried about his usage and your advice is to use more?

running lights 24 hours isnt gonna attract less attention

1k is really nothing to worry about - I take it your not medical BB?

purpleberry

purpleberry

He has a smart meter that can record all his ussage for months. It will show up that he has a light running 12 hours on. Run it 24/7 and it will look like you have a few freezers or somehing running.
Yes im a medical user in cali, just because i dont have to worry about a smart meter doesnt mean i like it.

mango420

mango420

So here's the info I got on the smart meters, as I have one. Yes hydro can read how much power is being used at any time. But they will only look at the usage if there is a power outage or problem with the grid in that area, which hardly ever happens. Besides that your meter sends information about 4 times a day to hydro to keep an accurate record of power usage. Nobody is sitting at a monitor looking at your usage or other houses usage at any point. You have any idea how many accounts Bchydro has? Your worring for absolutely no reason, all hydro cares about is if you steal power. Your there best friend if you have a large bill and pay on time.

B

Budds Bunny

No my state does not allow medical yet. I really enjoying taking care of them too so it's ashame.

The reason I'm worried is my town is the size of 13,000 so it's damn small. But they are for some reason on that Mary Jane is the devil. I wouldn't worry if I was in big city as long as I pay my bill

If I could get a 2nd room and flop I don't think it would be as obvious from all that power from light a 350 blower, a small dehumidifier, 2 fans coming on exactly at 7:03 pm and off at 7:03 am but damn that is gonna be difficult and pricey lol so I was wondering if any other suggestions. I'm hoping what the guy above said is true for my city too.

Thx every1 for their options

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
the police can not aquire a warrent soley based off of an electric bill they would still have to gather an extream amount of info in order to run through your house unless you had a freak accident are a domestic are a big house party are the big one some one snitches now if your steeling the electricity thats another one

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

there are people with aquariums and ponds that pull more electricity than a 1000w. nothing to worry about.

L

LUDACRIS.

My grow room is small and is only 1k of light but the power company just put in these new smart readers and I was acting interested getting info and they told me that they monitor when and how I use my electricity. I am a Lil worried now I do live next to a cop and we are in a rural area but don't k ow if I'm gonna be an easy hit now or what? Any insight would be helpful. It is a 1 light system 6 plants in a 5 x 5 room. I do have a big blower also that kicks on when it's on with and a dehumidifier and 2 fans all on a 12 hr timer but I'm a Lil worried they will see that

Worried ??. I got one for free and sold it on e-bay for ÂŁ26+postage. Send me yours please.

LOL.

LUDA.
:)

B

Badmf

Your usage is too small alone to draw attention. However it would be difficult to explain to his cronies how a grow was "right next door"! Do diligence to cover grow trash, all smells etc. Your lights are just electric use and combine with all the units and sends a signal not just your lite. There are multiple reasons why juice is on, hot tubs, kilns, arc welding, refridgeration, aquariums etc. Just pay the bill on time!! I ran 20 lights and no worries until a duct leaked smell out! I moved before it was an issue but too damn close!

L

LUDACRIS.

Your usage is too small alone to draw attention. However it would be difficult to explain to his cronies how a grow was "right next door"! Do diligence to cover grow trash, all smells etc. Your lights are just electric use and combine with all the units and sends a signal not just your lite. There are multiple reasons why juice is on, hot tubs, kilns, arc welding, refridgeration, aquariums etc. Just pay the bill on time!! I ran 20 lights and no worries until a duct leaked smell out! I moved before it was an issue but too damn close!

Spot on. There aint nothing to stress about.

(anybody giving thier smart meters away ???). R.O.F.L.M.F.A.O.

CHRIS.
:)

M

midnightrider

true --- they only record total usage down to the last kiliwatt used ( note leaving your cell phone chrger plugged in without the phone charging is still using electricity and that smart meter will read the usage -- and theft of

B

Budds Bunny

Ok thanx everyone I was worried it would jus show all this power kicking on at x time and off at x time. I am very careful with my trash and access too thanx for all the help

B

Badmf

There is a meter that can record time of day for adjusted rate users, this is to get lower rates off-peak. Not recommended! The new meters are meant to be more accurate and source out loops or juice theft. I am in a group of units all with individual meters of course but only two have smart ones, ...so far, lol. LEDs once perfected will aid in this problem, now for a tip to save some juice!!
:lock: If you have Mothers or clones going 18 or more per day, simply add more off time in between your day cycle . For example; 4 on 4 off 4 on 4 off 3 on 5 off total on time 11 hours. The off is in short periods but not enough to trigger bloom. Use T5's and CFLs until LEDs come down in price. Utilise Sunlight if possible too. Peace Bad...:harvest:

S

SourPatchSwag

Not too much power

You are way below the amount of power that is easy to have on at one time. You just need to worry about how you present yourself, how your house looks how your trash looks don't worry about the power just make sure you are perfect outside and dont give them a reason to look in

H

hydrotran

The authorities cannot do anything just because of your electric and on 1000watts its really nothing. If they thermal scan your house thats a different story.

S

ScrOGer

If the worse case happens, and LEO does come to your door. greet them outside and refuse any search. it's your right. ask them to return with a warrant. You are just protecting your own right. Make to sure to have all of your MMJ items out of clear view and you are golden.

But you shouldnt have to worry about popping up ion someone's radar for a 1k grow. just relax and be cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom