WORST LUCK EVER!!! (Broad mites) help!!

• Thread starter Nameless_fcuk89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Man I’m having sooo many issues this grow and now it’s these broad mites. I never even heard of them before now and apparently there almost impossible to irradicate. I’ve already bought 2 bottles of beneficials and they didn’t do shit. I now bought some sulfur and I’m going to try that but my question is should I just start over and clean everything? I’m still in veg but I already have new genetics on the way. Anybody have any advice on what I should do or have any experience with this pest?

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Damn... nobody’s had many broad mite issues??

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Yeah I’ve applied 2000 beneficials mites and they didn’t do much, now I’m spraying heavily and and seeing small improvements. My worries are spending another few weeks trying to get rid of them when there just going to keep coming back.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Do you guys know anyone that’s had them?
I did. Started over and moved grow to upstairs spare bedroom. Sprayed the original area with suspend sc around all baseboards and outside walls. Then in the new space did an azamax treatment in new room. Then sprayed azamax around outside and inside of tent. Also made a wooden stand for my 2x4 to sit on to keep it off the ground the. I sprayed that stand and around the legs. I haven’t had them yet in this space nor any signs of looking at the floor with a 100x microscope. Lol it’s been about a month since then. I literally tossed everything. Tent and lights in all. I said I swear this isn’t happening again. They came in originally from a freak freeze that happens every ten years. Before that I never had em.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

sulfur burner was what worked for me. it was in a greenhouse though so easy to exhust. a guy at my local store walked me through it. I kills them everywhere. I was about 3 weeks into flower. They were on 20 plants. MY plants looked a little worse for wear the first time. I set a timer and let the burner run for about 90 min. 3 time a week for about 3 weeks. I ran it at 3am so plants are cooled down. Cant have sprayed anything for 2 weeks though. Thats what i was told. My plants ended up great , huge yield a fantastic bud. The plants eat up the sulfur.
Being able to safely exhaust the sulfur is the only safety issue

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Let topsoil dry, buy a bag of food grade de earth, dust around the plant leave for 72 hours give a light flush check ph, you can wad up tp and dust fans and infected leaves do not dust flower, this is a cheap organic way to kill any pest with an exoskeleton, even killed off a severe case of thrips useing it and a drop of dawn and saved my grow.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys.. I have literally been on the internet for days trying to research everything about them. I have 30 plants that are ready to flower, it’s extremely hard for me to just pull this crop... especially since I had to pull my last one cause a buddy of mine gave me a bunch of seeds that all Hermèd on me for some reason. I’ve been reading about a product called avid that is supposed to be amazing but maaan I would hate to keep investing more time and they just come back. I’ve thought about the sulfur burner, my grow is in a spare bedroom so could I still do it, I could add a exhaust fan if I have to? I really don’t want to throw everything out but if I have to I will.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

My ac vent is closed in that room anyways cause I’m running a sealed room, so I’d imagine that I could use a sulfur burner right??

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

And you think that’ll do the trick huh? I been spraying sulfur every night but they seem to be getting immune to it.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

And you think that’ll do the trick huh? I been spraying sulfur every night but they seem to be getting immune to it.
It worked for me. The burner gets every nook and crany of the grow space where the spray just hits the plants. I was skeptical myself but it worked

Seb

Seb

Sulfur burner than neem oil as preventive had worked for me too, spraying infusion/maceration of garlic/oignon also helped a lot.
After having issues with these little fckers, I’m quite laughing now when I hear buddies having problems with spider mites..
Wish you to eradicate them quickly!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
use a mustard squirter (not the duster it comes with, you want a line all around, its easier to see when to add more or clean up later) and put food grade DE all around, not on the plant so much (although the food grade doesnt have the issues with toxicity) , but in the tent, all around the edges and in between and on the soil. it takes a few days, but kills anything with an exoskeleton that touches it. i use it all over the house and yard and garden to kill the creepy crawlies around here.

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

MSN I just went and got some avid since I’m still in veg, that should most definitely do the trick. I’m tired of dealing with these guys.

Top Bottom