Worth saving?

• Thread starter Clm307
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clm307

Clm307

What up guys I’ve had these clones for a couple weeks now and they seem not be growing very much at all if anyone one could take a look at them and suggest if I should keep them goin or not.. they were transferred from soil to dwc ( I know is hard on plant) and are on a very low nutrient feed ( general hydro 3 part) at 1/3 tsp per gal all 3 bottles. And cal mag since using r.o ..any input would be greatly appreciated

Worth saving
Worth saving 2
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Dont understand how you dare to bring all that soil bacteria into your dwc. Think you gonna have alot of future problems with root rot. They are extremly shocked and showing symptoms of heavy overwatering and deficiencies. Reason being dwc roots are not the same as soil roots. But can it survive? Sure but the healing and adapting process going to be a pain and you going to loose alot of growth time.

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah. If it was me, I would scrap them. Having gone from soil, its nearly impossible to keep the contaminants out of your DWC.

Considering you have at least 3 months ahead of you, I find it not very likely making it through without major problems.

I would start over in rockwool or rapid rooters or something. You could even try cloning them, might be able to save them that way.

Good luck man! I'm rooting for you (pun intended)

4plant

4plant

I’d keep em, Hand water from the top daily and keep your water level in the bucket a little lower than normal. Also a good kelp foliar spray can rejuvenate a stressed out plant pretty well. Once the roots get down into the water you make up for the lost time. I miss the days of having time/ energy for a dwc garden.

Clm307

Clm307

Have root? Let's see em. Temp humidity all that stuff.

Depends how bad ya want em
Temp is at 74 but gets down 69 at night
My humidity is at 65 with humidifier on full blast
I have the water level set pretty high at bout a 1/4 in off the bottom of net pot that’s what I was told till the roots grow down more

F3CE8875 4973 42B1 843D 3AA9B35FF3A0
A5AA4098 5BA7 4290 9D0D 86EDEECCC97C
Clm307

Clm307

Dont understand how you dare to bring all that soil bacteria into your dwc. Think you gonna have alot of future problems with root rot. They are extremly shocked and showing symptoms of heavy overwatering and deficiencies. Reason being dwc roots are not the same as soil roots. But can it survive? Sure but the healing and adapting process going to be a pain and you going to loose alot of growth time.
Hey thank you you learn something new everyday.. yeah I figured that they were over watered or something like that .. I also thought that I had put to much Hydroton underneath the plant so I moved down to the bottom of the pot and I can see the roots growing but plant is groined so slow. First time at this so don’t laugh haha

Clm307

Clm307

I’d keep em, Hand water from the top daily and keep your water level in the bucket a little lower than normal. Also a good kelp foliar spray can rejuvenate a stressed out plant pretty well. Once the roots get down into the water you make up for the lost time. I miss the days of having time/ energy for a dwc garden.
So once roots reach water it could take off maybe? ( sorry this my my first grow)..do you have soil garden? Easier? Can you suggest a good foliar spray?

4plant

4plant

That’s what I use, but if you buy kelp there will be a suggested rate on the bottle. The natural growth hormones in kelp can stimulate top growth and the b- vit combo is good for recovering from stress. I grow now in rockwool cubes until mid veg, then plant in smart pots 50% promix and 50% pearlite. I grew in dwc for years but the constant ph adjusting and figuring out add backs was too much at some point for me. I feel like my style now is 20% of the work of dwc for 80% the reward.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you running any bacteria or something to sterilize the system? New roots look good but I can't tell if the old one are dirt or an infection

Clm307

Clm307

That’s what I use, but if you buy kelp there will be a suggested rate on the bottle. The natural growth hormones in kelp can stimulate top growth and the b- vit combo is good for recovering from stress. I grow now in rockwool cubes until mid veg, then plant in smart pots 50% promix and 50% pearlite. I grew in dwc for years but the constant ph adjusting and figuring out add backs was too much at some point for me. I feel like my style now is 20% of the work of dwc for 80% the reward.
Alright cool thank you for the suggestions I will def try

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I’m just using hydroguard...

I have been running Hydroguard and +Life and have had nothing but bright white roots (check url's in signature) . You may want to look at something like +LIFE | Hydroponic ResearchHydroponic Research. As far as I know, it can only be purchased from the mfg. +LIFE is a blend of bacteria and fungi concentrate in powder form. A little goes a long way. I have a small container that has lasted over a year and there is plenty left.

🍻

Clm307

Clm307

I have been running Hydroguard and +Life and have had nothing but bright white roots (check url's in signature) . You may want to look at something like +LIFE | Hydroponic ResearchHydroponic Research. As far as I know, it can only be purchased from the mfg. +LIFE is a blend of bacteria and fungi concentrate in powder form. A little goes a long way. I have a small container that has lasted over a year and there is plenty left.

🍻
Awesome thanks for the suggestions I will check that out

B

Burned Haze

I would get rootsheild wp plus to protect the plant for 8-12 weeks from bad pathogens + it helps with magnesium intake as well

• Grows in soil and on roots, shields roots from pathogens
  • Seeks out, attacks and eats fungal pathogens
  • Induces host resistance
  • Active over wide temperature range (48-97 °F/9-36 °C)
  • Grows in wide pH range (pH 4-8)
  • Compatible with many chemical and biological inputs
  • Well suited to a wide range of soil types

• Enhances nutrient uptake
  • Helps plants resist/overcome abiotic stresses and transplant shock
  • Does not interfere with beneficial insects
  • Exempt from residue
  • Excellent tool for fungicide resistance management
  • Prevents root diseases (damping-off, root rot, crown rot, wilt) caused by species of Fusarium, Phytophthora, Pythium, Rhizoctonia and other soilborne pathogens

After I started using this, I don’t lose clones , I don’t lose my seedlings to the wilt and my plants def haven’t gotten any root based issues ( I’m impressed) per gallon application , not bad at all to save and prevent your garden that is so value to you when you have worked so hard?

Clm307

Clm307

I would get rootsheild wp plus to protect the plant for 8-12 weeks from bad pathogens + it helps with magnesium intake as well

• Grows in soil and on roots, shields roots from pathogens
  • Seeks out, attacks and eats fungal pathogens
  • Induces host resistance
  • Active over wide temperature range (48-97 °F/9-36 °C)
  • Grows in wide pH range (pH 4-8)
  • Compatible with many chemical and biological inputs
  • Well suited to a wide range of soil types

• Enhances nutrient uptake
  • Helps plants resist/overcome abiotic stresses and transplant shock
  • Does not interfere with beneficial insects
  • Exempt from residue
  • Excellent tool for fungicide resistance management
  • Prevents root diseases (damping-off, root rot, crown rot, wilt) caused by species of Fusarium, Phytophthora, Pythium, Rhizoctonia and other soilborne pathogens

After I started using this, I don’t lose clones , I don’t lose my seedlings to the wilt and my plants def haven’t gotten any root based issues ( I’m impressed) per gallon application , not bad at all to save and prevent your garden that is so value to you when you have worked so hard?
Hell ya thanks man

Top Bottom