Would I Be Required To Add Nutes?

• Thread starter Akhil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Akhil

So, simply saying, I want to transplant my plants from the pot to outside in soil. Should I add nutes ? Soil is fertile , a lot of other tall weeds grow there .

blu3kush

blu3kush

You dont need to use nutes but they would help you get better results.
I use to do all my growing outdoors years ago and I never used nutes and pulled of some good harvest but I would harden them of a few days before transplanting straight into soil. if they are still small put a small chicken wire fence around them until they are bigger to keep animals from eating them

Last edited:
A

Akhil

http://invalid.com/Z0aaKzX

This is the plant. How long should I wait before placing it outside ? It was a bagseed , so I am thinking I won't use it. I would still prepare the soil nicely though.

blu3kush

blu3kush

That link didn't work try dragging the picture from the folder into the box to write your message. I'm not sure what your weather is in your area where I'm from its too cold for outdoors so you would need to figure if your plants could survive in your temps and how the hours of day and night would affect your plant. When you put a plant that you started indoors outside you wanna put it in an area that doesn't get direct sunlight for about a day or two and let it adjust to the sun before transplanting into the ground

A

Akhil

I live in India brother .

The temp is about 20°c in the day and by night I move the pot in my room . so I guess my plants are already adjusted to the sun

blu3kush

blu3kush

Yea they are still very small they have better chance of surviving if you grow them indoors until they have a couple sets of leaves on them. What kind of dirt are they in right now it looks like muddy clay. And you should keep then all in their own pots.

A

Akhil

Yeah its clay.
Actually I just sowed some bagseeds in a pot and forgot about them.

They grew though and they are short , so I was confused if I should move them , coz they are short And delicate. Should I move them ? Or should I wait a bit?

blu3kush

blu3kush

They are fine at 20c but at night when temps drop it might be too cold and they will die so I wouldnt transplant them into the ground I would just keep bringing them inside at night

A

Akhil

Its about 10°c at night , but I would better keep them in my room at night. Should I transplant them I. Different pots now ? Or should I wait?

blu3kush

blu3kush

Your best bet is to get some good soil and try to separate them into their own pots and think about getting some lights you will have better result. Don't take it personal but what you got going now is just wasting your time but since they are still small and not much roots you still have a chance to save them. This site has alot of great info and has a thread for begginers were you can learn all the basics to growing.

A

Akhil

"embaks, post: 1598512, member: 71339"]I would move them into some good soil. Want the best home for your girls
Would you suggest a soil?

A

Akhil

I guess you are right ,but then I didn't waste any time other than moving them . I would move them in different pots . any suggestions on soil?

embaks

embaks

And that stuff is preloaded with nutes. No need to add anything for the first 4-5 months

blu3kush

blu3kush

Yea foxfarms ocean forest is what I use but it can be too strong for seedlings alot of people recommend doing a mix of fox farms ocean forest and light warrior I forget of its a 50/50 mix or if it's 2 parts ocean forest and 1 part light warrior

embaks

embaks

These are some plants I have in that soil. I put 2 plants in a 3 gal. Plenty of room for the roots. They have only been growing for 2 weeks. Ignore the part thats missing. That would be my cat

Screenshot 2016 01 08 19 25 42
blu3kush

blu3kush

Is that a diy fabric pot? Just wondering because I made my own fabric pots from landscape fabric and I've been noticing that the outer part dries up real quick but in the middle will still be really moist so by the next watering the top dirt is crust and water puddles up on top am I waiting too long to water?

Top Bottom