Would you be burnin sulfur?

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

Here's a few photos.. Tobor pointed out the pm in the beginning, and I sprayed em with green cure. The pm spread pretty bad and I sprayed em again today. What you all think? Another application of green cure or pick of a sulfur burner?

Sorry for the bad photos, I think it's because of all the air movement.

And for those interested. 7.4k watts 10 plants. 3 in 2.5 gallon containers, 5 in 7 gallon and 2 in 10 gallons of rw.

Would you be burnin sulfur
Would you be burnin sulfur 2
Would you be burnin sulfur 3
Would you be burnin sulfur 4
Would you be burnin sulfur 5
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
your pretty far in, but if you really wanted to, you could sulfur them as that will prevent more pm growth way better than spraying, imo
Hard to hit all the surfaces with spraying when a canopy is filled in...
You could sulfur for 4-5 hrs and then 3 days later do it for 4hrs and call it good. BUT you have just sprayed an oil product? You gotta wait 10-14 days ime between that type of foliar and sulfur vaping.
It's your call, hope I shed some light on it...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Some people say you can sulfur late, but I don't sulfur after there is bud development.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
No sulfur burner for me....always organic green cure has worked wonders for me....but i do have some eagle ew20 on the shelf incase i ever need to save an elite clone from a bad pm infestation... hasn't happened yet but you never know..

green punk

green punk

Sorry to say... Id chop that down. Its only gonna get worse, and it is definitely in the buds. You'll be stressing and worrying non stop till you finish them and then have to throw a lot if not all away.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you have to dilute green cure to 25% or so, or you will burn pistils. can be used up to harvest. Even after harvest...

Fuck cheech. gonna be a battle. Sorry bro.

I can send you soem foliar ont he house. It has some shit in there that will keep PM runnin.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sorry to say... Id chop that down. Its only gonna get worse, and it is definitely in the buds. You'll be stressing and worrying non stop till you finish them and then have to throw a lot if not all away.

Unfortunately, I agree. However, looking at that crop... its a tough choice. May as well run the cycle and get some experience with it if you are already in a perpetual state.

deep buddy

deep buddy

never had probs w/ pm untill i started getting cut crazy and grabbing up whatever cuts were floating around. now i wont run w/ out a burner period. why risk it? for a plant that is worth so much. but it will do you little good now IMHO. fyi i start in veg and drop it wk 4 or 5. the time you run it is a matter of opinion i run mine for less than an hour a night others will say for 4 or 5 hours.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Id agree your too long in to use aburner it'll fuck the taste of the nugs ime... sodium bicarbinate can be sprayed to change the surface area ph of the leafs an nugs to make it inhospitable for the mold to live, it'll show what looks kinda like burn marks where there is an active pm that's being sprayed.... good luck bro pm an mites are my biggest fears... after this crops done your gonna need to sterlize everything as mold spores get everywhere ina infected room.... Az

C

cheech

Wow. I'm gonna stick with the green cure... But wtf! Chop that down!? That's going to be 8 or 9 lbs at least!

I'm just past week 2... I'll do a 3rd application in 5 days. I used a tablespoon to a gallon and sprayed 90 minutes before the lights went on. No leaf burn at all.... And the pistills didn't change color or anything.

Thanks cap. I think I'm good for now.

I'm going to get through this - I know it!

green punk

green punk

I d go with a sulfur burner and alternate greencure and serenade. Since its your last run. I was just saying the stress and headaches get real old. Plus one tends to pollute other rooms, genetics even when being super careful.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

I'm with ya man run that sucker till its done, your defently gonna need to be vigilent an constantly makeing sure nothin is stackin on each other<leafs an nugs>... after hittin em with whatever you choose id thin out leafs an branchs and add more airflow.... Az

C

cheech

I d go with a sulfur burner and alternate greencure and serenade. Since its your last run. I was just saying the stress and headaches get real old. Plus one tends to pollute other rooms, genetics even when being super careful.

Yea it did spread. To all 3 flower rooms and my veg! I'm going to get the eagle 20 that logic mentioned for my veg plants so when I'm in my new spot, hopefully it doesn't rear it's head again.

I know how I got it too.... A grow I had that finished in october had ac blowing directly into a bunch of plant matter, of the chem variety or maybe od... Anyways,the pm showed and spread, and I've had it since then.

Gave some Chemdog #4 clones to my friend that had pm, and the pm infested his whole basement grow, then he transported the spores to his 12k flower room. Ooops.....

I tell him not to worry because the spores are just that, spores. If he keeps his environment in check with 45 humidity or what have you, which he does in flower, he'll be good. But I've never had it this bad. Let's see what happens all.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I don't think you have anything to lose by aggressively using the green cure. If you were gonna use the sulphur I would do it sooner than later.

Green cure isn't an oil so I think you could use the sulphur burner and just get it over with. Then treat with green cure every few days until that shit is gone and be on the lookout. Hopefully you don't have an outbreak after week 3 or so.

Did you try getting the room hot. Like 100 degrees hot for a few hrs?

green punk

green punk

Ozone is a good way to decontaminate equipment. Living Air makes good ones for house/office that will when cranked up take your breath away in a 400 sq ft area.

C

cheech

Didn't know about the ozone. I have one of those cap ozone generators. Really kills the smell, but I don't run it in the rooms, and haven't been using it in the house because it seems to be a little too powerfull.

Tobor I didn't try bringing the temp up to 100. I got it up to 90 for a few hours though. I'm with you. I'll spray green cure as long as I see pm. I'm going to be more vigilant with it, because 1 tbs to a gallon isn't showing any signs of burn. So I'll continue with that dosage but do it every 5 days until week 4.

I just harvested a room that had bad pm, and aside from white shit all over the buds(makes em look real dank!), I barely had any rot at all. And the rot wasn't even bad. I'll add it to my bro's free ounce for next month - he couldn't care less about it.

squiggly

squiggly

Ozone reacts spontaneously with terpenes to produce a hydroxyl radical (which will go on to react, terribly, with just about anything it can touch). It can also kill when used in a non ventilated area.

Ozone is an extremely potent oxidant. This is akin to walking around in a room of low ppm sulfuric acid vapors. You might be okay, but the shit is not healthy. Ozone can cause DNA damage and cancer, for you and your plants. The central oxygen atom of an ozone molecule carries a +1 charge. Oxygen DOES NOT want to carry a positive charge because it is very strongly electronegative (attracts electrons and thus, negative charge to itself--it stabilizes negative charges VERY well as a result). It is one of the most electronegative elements in the periodic table, in fact it is only surpassed by fluorine in this regard. That means this molecule will do ANYTHING to donate an oxygen atom across another bond. This results in the breaking of any bond the ozone touches basically. Yes it is effective at killing because of this and removing odor, but its also great at mutating cells, creating other carcinogenic compounds, and generally causing the destruction of anything it comes in contact with.

Frankly you shouldn't even be exhausting this stuff as it is VERY dangerous, and can be lethal in small amounts to asthmatics. Don't use it in a closed space under any circumstances.

Sulfur dioxide is about a million times safer to use--although still poses asphyxiation risk if you're silly. As an added benefit SO2 is available to your plant as a nutrient with uptake directly through the leaves.

Check: for why this might be important.

Top Bottom