WOW!!! Wat an Auto this Green Crack is getting huge...

• Thread starter Domon8n30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm ganna be honest did not expect this Auto to get this big I'm really out did myself lol. But really look at the size of this Auto and it barely started flowering...
How old is it from seedling? I don't have a lot of experience with auto's but I have a run of them going now and some of them turned after just 3-4 weeks. I can't get much from a plant that stops it's vegging life after only 3 weeks. I veg photo's for 2-3 months before I flip them, these auto's just don't have the mass.

Now if they were all like yours ....well that would be different...Green Crack you say....interesting.

Keep posting I'd like to follow along with your grow.😃

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

How old is it from seedling? I don't have a lot of experience with auto's but I have a run of them going now and some of them turned after just 3-4 weeks. I can't get much from a plant that stops it's vegging life after only 3 weeks. I veg photo's for 2-3 months before I flip them, these auto's just don't have the mass.

Now if they were all like yours ....well that would be different...Green Crack you say....interesting.

Thank you buddy I was surprised myself I have some pictures of when I first started this plant in my profile. My Green Crack Auto and lemon Auto sprouted December 14 th and my Sour Diesel and my Alaskan purple Auto sprouted on December 18th I believe...

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Here's a picture of my lemon Auto as well...

IMG 20210204 200448918 BURST001 COMP
Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Oh also my seeds came from Seedsman...

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Lemon Auto...

IMG 20210204 200149489
hotrod717

hotrod717

Thats a nice looking auto. 3 0r 5 gal pots? I would defoliate some of the bottom leaves, but dont go crazy. the lower or interior stuff that isnt going to get good light.

HarryHood

HarryHood

No difference in defoliating with autos in regards to flower.
I believe you are thinking of topping. General thought is you shouldn't top autos, but instead LST for better yield.
right on, thanks for clearing that up, my man! what week would be considered too early to begin defoliating? my autos are between weeks 5-6 and a couple a super bushy with a good amount of leaves blocking bud sites

hotrod717

hotrod717

I usually do it right when they are going to start flower, A few pistols at each bud sight.
I remove any leaves that are blocking bud sights and any smaller branches that will not develope or grow into light.
The idea is to promote growth in the dominant areas. It's really something you continue to learn and hone with experience. Defoliating and culling plants is always a struggle, but you do it for the sake of higher yield and quality.
Always learning something new. Every strain has it quirks on top of getting comfortable with general cultivation skills.

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Thats a nice looking auto. 3 0r 5 gal pots? I would defoliate some of the bottom leaves, but dont go crazy. the lower or interior stuff that isnt going to get good light.
5 gallon air pot ...

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

was wondering that myself. seems like it's personal preference, but i thought you shouldn't with autos? again, i'm a newb so i could be wrong
Im not big on defoliation actually it's just this Auto has a lot of foliage like I said I got a lot bigger than I thought it was going to...

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

No difference in defoliating with autos in regards to flower.
I believe you are thinking of topping. General thought is you shouldn't top autos, but instead LST for better yield.
Oh no I actually mean removing some of the leaves I've never topped an auto and I never would they don't have long enough of a veg cycle to grow into a topping. And I don't defoliate much either but when your auto looks like a photo LOL...

HarryHood

HarryHood

I usually do it right when they are going to start flower, A few pistols at each bud sight.
I remove any leaves that are blocking bud sights and any smaller branches that will not develope or grow into light.
The idea is to promote growth in the dominant areas. It's really something you continue to learn and hone with experience. Defoliating and culling plants is always a struggle, but you do it for the sake of higher yield and quality.
Always learning something new. Every strain has it quirks on top of getting comfortable with general cultivation skills.
cool, thanks for the information. i think i'll give it a go on my next run as to not screw with my current rookie grow too much

Top Bottom