Wrong seeds sent, not cool

• Thread starter Varmit22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Mosh has excellent gear also, in fact I'm growing out some of his stuff right now actually..

II think these are some of the Dragon Flames, and Tange99 crosses you sent me...
frankster moby dick and blueberry just gettin started.

DF58C817 9C07 4C67 B619 549AA49C7FCD
072027FA FA7E 464A A764 AD7D9F139BEF
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hybrid vigor is a real phenomena, and crossing the most disparate cultivars are going to result in the craziest results. Most stains bred locally will tend to become more homogenized, as the gene pool become mixed, diluted....

Finding new genes, fresh blood becomes the imperative.

That's why I enjoy trying to reach across the world and find something unique or different, than what's circulating locally, then breed them together, and watch the magic happen.

I would much rather have an f1 from a good, solid hobby breeder, than the leftovers of someone I've never met, or don't have any connection with. Because even the most elite breeders are not going to dispense their motherlode, it's simply not going to happen..

If your looking for elites, then the best thing to turn too is clones, IMO. But as for seeds, I think getting f1's, getting good mature beans from choice females is what matters most. I just see far too many obvious subpar beans circulating in seed banks. It's like a plague, people will sell you anything.

I always wonder how much of the genetic code actually gets carried along, how much is missing, when a bean looks immature.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
For me, there's something uniquely satisfying, almost sacred about being able to put some bud down on this plate and understand what went into making it.

That it's not simply another copy or a product of someone else's efforts, but my own. Or that Mr Mosh might be sitting down in Florida somewhere enjoying the same thing, because of our "joint efforts"
It's ours....

While there might be something slightly different out there, this one was cultivated by us... for us..
That's starting to mean a lot to me these days.

IMG 20210621 185447107
JoryK

JoryK

I bought from the same place, first order I bought Al gold too along with 9 pound hammer and ACDC CDB and Durban Poison.
Half turned out to be Auto's when I didn't order photos. Stupid me I bought some Panama Red seeds for the next grow from the same people.( GAWD only knows what those are) But No more from them ever. I wrote to them about it and a week or so later I got whats probably a canned reply about seeds failing to germinate. WHAT? They don't even read the emails.And besides getting mixed up with autos I have no idea what the seeds actually are. The auto 9 pound hammer is very weak. But the CDB's autos get me stoned? The alcapulco gold auto was strong. Now I'm waiting on the photos to finish flowering, they are the same Al gold Durbin and 9 pound. And they do take a long time to fill my orders, it must be a once or twice a month party thing. They all get stoned and fill orders, after someone knocked the table over and all the seeds are on the floor. I have no way of knowing but very unprofessional.
When companys blow me off I write them off for good.
I wish I woulda read this before I placed a $500+ order this weekend as they had a 30% off sale for Father’s Day. I hadn’t gotten to post office yet to mail out the cash, and now I’m wondering if I should or not. I’ve never ordered off them before, I usually order my seeds from either Seedsman or seeds here now, and have never had an issue with either company, and I order a lot of seeds as I like to preserve genetics as well as plat around with breeding.
I think I’m going to just blow off the order and order from seedsman or somewhere another time when there’s a sale.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I wish I woulda read this before I placed a $500+ order this weekend as they had a 30% off sale for Father’s Day. I hadn’t gotten to post office yet to mail out the cash, and now I’m wondering if I should or not. I’ve never ordered off them before, I usually order my seeds from either Seedsman or seeds here now, and have never had an issue with either company, and I order a lot of seeds as I like to preserve genetics as well as plat around with breeding.
I think I’m going to just blow off the order and order from seedsman or somewhere another time when there

I think I’m going to just blow off the order and order from seedsman or somewhere another time when there’s a sale.
Jory...I really kind of agree with you. I would blow off the order. I USED to order from Seedsman...they have very decent stuff but like Frank says....something happens to these seed sellers when they get too big. Every seed bank eventually succumbs to greed, overindulgence. They have to have every strain to be competitive instead of really GOOD strains. Capitalism...at its core. My issue with seedsman became the ship time. I got tired of missing planting dates becsue it took over a month to receive the seeds and then, if there is a problem , another 2 months to remedy it. They always stood behind their stuff but when you have home breeders sending out top shelf seeds, I cannot see why someone would not take a chance there. The cost is usually half and the ship times - dang, I always get my seeds within a week.

oLd1

oLd1

Could possibly be entirely stress or condition induced, it's difficult to determine.

Having a single bad experience with a seedbank is to be expected IMO, it's impossible for anyone to guarantee there's not going to be any issues, there's simply just far too many variables.

People grow inside, outside, and under so many different variables, and some require such exact parameters.

I think anyone who grows outside really needs to take into account the environment, the grow that's being attempted and use a cultivar that's going to do well under those conditions....

It's makes life so much easier when you make plant selection based up on cultivar traits vs simply seeking out a specific pheno or taste.
Acapulco Gold certainly wouldn't be at the top of that list. At best, it's a medium difficulty plant to grow, and a fairly long flowering plant.

Certainly anyone new or has limited gardening experience may want to stay clear of this one.
Been dealing with different orders of stuff all my life and everyone messes up every so often.

I ordered Chicks this Spring, brought them home. Couple hours most were dead. I said I would never get Chicks there again but they are local and I’ve done well with thousands. So with one order do I quit dealing with them?

Ordered from Bass Pro. They sent me a double order . I thought I don’t deal like that sent the extra back.

My Son uses Bag Seed. I’ve been buying seed and he has been going nuts over mine but they cost.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

30 years ago I worked as a Seedsman. One time had seed that wasn’t what the Grower said it was. Then one time had a guy mismark bags. My fault and not good at all.
Things happen!

oLd1

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

If you want to grow the business you have to respect and take care of the customers. I bought fans and other stuff from a different company, probably spending 7 or 800 dollars with them and after having to wait months for the clip on oscillating fans they broke in two weeks time. The company would not simply take them back and send new ones. They insisted I take a video of the fans and send it to them. I heard that canned excuse before. That means fuck off for a while until you get tired of asking. I took them apart and found the wires broke inside in the point where it goes back and forth. Really bad design or really cheap wire? I call it a fire hazard. Again its the last dime they see from me. Company initials G. B.s
Back to Seedsman, I wrote asking about the Diet Durban seeds I bought and if I should bother planting them since they aren't on the site anymore.
A person named Wioleta answered and again it seems like I received a canned answer. Saying it was if I logged in. I did and it is not available and I searched the words on their site. You know when you get answers that don't really stick to the subject you wrote about its a canned answer, press a button and send it out. WTF?

boatbum850

boatbum850

I use to get alot from Spanish breeders , but since flu shutdown nothing . Have been using both JBC & GLC since & am quite happy with quality & service . Both have been in business for years & will not stock bogus gear . Added plus is both personally create the house freebies & if breeder of what you order has promos you get double freebies . Can't say enough good about both .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Got me a nice little hash pipe ! Nice work carver
Thanx! Works great use it more than the big pipe!
Good to hear. I haven't made any for a while now. Working out at the gym every 2 days cuts into my hobby time but its winter work for me any ways. When the snow is falling and its cold out I head to my shop to play.

Top Bottom