wtf did i just make??

• Thread starter sox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

Ive never done it, just wondering why your telling dude to do this specifically. I know that epsom salt can be heated to make a desiccant...but idk if thats what u talking about at all.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Very interesting....Looks like a consistency some of us extractors are striving for in our personal stashes...

I'd like to know more about the extraction process if you dont mind? What did you extract in? Mason jars?

sox

sox

Very interesting....Looks like a consistency some of us extractors are striving for in our personal stashes...

I'd like to know more about the extraction process if you dont mind? What did you extract in? Mason jars?

This was done super ghetto......i found some trim i had forgot about and had some acetone lying around so i thought i would try it for shits n giggles...lol i used all the filters for the ISO i was making....i didnt even have a filter, i used a tshirt.
I just tossed the trim in a mason jar, poored the acetone over it, swirled it around for maybe 15 seconds, then filtered, put on a plate and let evap overnight and most of the next day, i then put it on a heatpad @ 80 degrees for a few hours and then threw right into the freezer for a couple more hours....when i took it out it scraped up like shards of glass...i would put it in my fingers and press it around to get it to press together....weird shit.
I need to evap it more though...

sox

sox

i was reading up on sum stuff and i think the reason it has that texture is there is frozen wax flakes in it from acetone...i might need to wash it again...

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

not gonna read through all this but thats fine acetone oil.... you should let your acetone oil sit out for 2 to 3 days just to make sure all the waters gone.... but acetone is a great solvent for making great oils! Take it easy guys.

Reactions: sox
squiggly

squiggly

Acetone when smoked is a different beast altogether than simply ingesting it. Even beyond that the "normal" amounts of acetone in your body are incredibly low. In the past, before better treatments were developed--it was possible to detect a strong scent of acetone on a diabetics breath and sweat. Acetone is a waste product in your body and your body will do anything to remove it.

These are a breakdown product of things known as "ketone bodies" which are used as an instantaneous energy currency in a starved state (which diabetics are always "tricked" into experiencing). These are typically used to feed the heart and brain only--hence, your body only produces this stuff in an emergency and in reaction to a large amount of stress.

When you light something on fire, you are inviting a reaction. Given some of the byproducts which acetone can produce under pyrolysis--it would behoove one to determine the effects of the presence of other chemicals before simply smoking away.

Now I'm not ringing an alarm bell--this won't kill you. It just isn't the best way to do this. Acetone is perhaps the least suitable solvent one could choose to get after what we want and leave behind what we don't. It's also fairly difficult to get rid of. You really are better off with a non polar solvent, or if you must go polar, something more innocuous like an alcohol.

Reactions: sox
sox

sox

Acetone when smoked is a different beast altogether than simply ingesting it. Even beyond that the "normal" amounts of acetone in your body are incredibly low. In the past, before better treatments were developed--it was possible to detect a strong scent of acetone on a diabetics breath and sweat. Acetone is a waste product in your body and your body will do anything to remove it.

These are a breakdown product of things known as "ketone bodies" which are used as an instantaneous energy currency in a starved state (which diabetics are always "tricked" into experiencing). These are typically used to feed the heart and brain only--hence, your body only produces this stuff in an emergency and in reaction to a large amount of stress.

When you light something on fire, you are inviting a reaction. Given some of the byproducts which acetone can produce under pyrolysis--it would behoove one to determine the effects of the presence of other chemicals before simply smoking away.

Now I'm not ringing an alarm bell--this won't kill you. It just isn't the best way to do this. Acetone is perhaps the least suitable solvent one could choose to get after what we want and leave behind what we don't. It's also fairly difficult to get rid of. You really are better off with a non polar solvent, or if you must go polar, something more innocuous like an alcohol.

I agree, besides this one rare batch, every acetone oil i have made i threw away...they are disgusting imo....im only using 99% or making BHO in the future...if i ever come up on a trim connect i would run bubble bags....but i like 20gallon bags.

Top Bottom