Wtf happened?Compost tea explosion

• Thread starter Growingfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growingfather

Growingfather

So pretty much I’m just wondering what happened . I was making my weekly tea of 3 cups of worm castings , 4 tbls of og BioWar root pack, 4 tbls of og biowar foliar, molasses ,some terp tea from roots organic and tribus....oh yea and the rest of some recharge I had left over. I let it sit in a 5 gallon bucket with a couple air stones for 24-48 hrs.while looking at my plants I noticed they could use some more calcium so for the first time I decided to add some nftg liquid calcium( I forget the name).so I added 4 tbls of it and proceeded to get my kids ready for school. Come back 15 min later and see this shit. I know everything’s fine and I’ve already fed my plants with this tea. I’m just curious as to wat happened . So if s ok me one could explain this it would be very much appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance

Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion
Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion 2
Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion 3
Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion 4
Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion 5
Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion 6
Wtf happenedcompost tea explosion 7
Growingfather

Growingfather

I forgot to add I just started placing a heating mat under my bucket to maintain temps

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
It's a result of an abundance of free protein or carbs and oxygen. Likely from the molasses you added. When carbs meet oxygenated water and microbes it foams. As long as it smells earthy it should be good but if it smells rotten don't use it

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Sorry dude but that bathroom scene is funny. My wife would be giving me can of whoop ass over that mess.
Yep. It might be grounds for divorce here or at least something I'd never be able to make her forget about. That's why I could never get into fermenting plant extracts like some growers do. I love growing organic but love my wife more and know the limits of tolerance on things like that. She lets me get away with having a room full of plants smelling like skunk so there's no need to push it beyond that 😋

Growingfather

Growingfather

Lol single father of 2 here. No wife , long story short she’s a bitch ... lmfao . The crazy thing is that happened after I added the calcium . It literally exploded in a matter of 15 min

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The stuff you added must have some yucca in it...
Its extremely foaming!!
thats why is better to keep it out of the brews even if is a good foodsouce!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

So pretty much I’m just wondering what happened . I was making my weekly tea of 3 cups of worm castings , 4 tbls of og BioWar root pack, 4 tbls of og biowar foliar, molasses ,some terp tea from roots organic and tribus....oh yea and the rest of some recharge I had left over. I let it sit in a 5 gallon bucket with a couple air stones for 24-48 hrs.while looking at my plants I noticed they could use some more calcium so for the first time I decided to add some nftg liquid calcium( I forget the name).so I added 4 tbls of it and proceeded to get my kids ready for school. Come back 15 min later and see this shit. I know everything’s fine and I’ve already fed my plants with this tea. I’m just curious as to wat happened . So if s ok me one could explain this it would be very much appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance
Bathtub would always be a better choice! Why didnt you put it in there?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Bathtub would always be a better choice! Why didnt you put it in there?
+1

When I make brews for my raised beds I either make em in the tub or outside, just in case the microbes decide to go haywire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom