WTF - Help Me ID

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

el boyo

i have been noticing something similar on some of my plants.. try checking in your soil. i have noticed these tiny silverish winged insects that are in the coco. they are not root aphids or gnats, and do not leave the coco and fly around. they just stay down there. I am having a really hard time trying to id them. they are so small, it is hard to get a pic, but can be seen by naked eye. have also been noticing a reduction in bud set, and it seems to be coming on slower. the plants all look pretty green and healthy accept for some random leaves that look like yours.

E

el boyo

nah, neither of those.. springtails are not bad.. i don't have a scope to take pics, but tiny tiny flies that stay under the surface, never see them flying around.. im guessing the larvae are eating the roots... don't see much damage, plants are fully healthy green but have the same random spots that OW does.. and only on a few plants.. plants seem kind of poorly rooted in the coco this round.. growing in coco beds..

kushluvr

kushluvr

subs mix isnt very complete IMO.....therefore not all plants love his mix!

for one.......theres no were near the amount of dolomite lime(ie cal/mag) needed by cannabis in his mix!

on your next mix, put a minimum of 1cup per 8 gal soil up to 2cups, also top dressing at the beginning of flower really helps as well!

also i love the Lilly Miller Soil Sweet Fine grade dolomite lime........at home depot 40lbs/$6

souf69

souf69

Put a potato peel on the bottom of your medium for a day or two. I did and this came out of two of my ladies. Check if you have em just to be sure. Almost incognito these dam things R.They feed on roots and potato peels apparently

20130514 164552
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
nah, neither of those.. springtails are not bad.. i don't have a scope to take pics, but tiny tiny flies that stay under the surface, never see them flying around.. im guessing the larvae are eating the roots... don't see much damage, plants are fully healthy green but have the same random spots that OW does.. and only on a few plants.. plants seem kind of poorly rooted in the coco this round.. growing in coco beds..

I found the same thing! Small white bugs visible with the naked eye that live in the dirt. If you scratch the dirt to where it is moist you might see one but it will immediately dart back into the dirt. Fast little fuckers! I saw one person suggest that they are a beneficial predatory soil mite.

outwest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

springtails and thrips will both live in the top 1/4 inch of soil, as will hyposias miles. I actually just checked the pots of some of my older moms, any that had water sitting in their runoff pans also had lots of hyposias, springtails, and nemotodes crawling on the surface. Hardly any fungus gnats at all, and some even have mushrooms growing out of the bottoms of the pots. Some things look pretty freaky, but never forget these guys are our plant's friends :)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
springtails and thrips will both live in the top 1/4 inch of soil, as will hyposias miles. I actually just checked the pots of some of my older moms, any that had water sitting in their runoff pans also had lots of hyposias, springtails, and nemotodes crawling on the surface. Hardly any fungus gnats at all, and some even have mushrooms growing out of the bottoms of the pots. Some things look pretty freaky, but never forget these guys are our plant's friends :)

What I had gathered were that they were hyposias miles, which I also gathered was a good thing. I hope. Repeated mosquito bit treatments are getting the Fungus Gnats under control. Danks, WS!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
After the help here at the farm, and my own deduction, I'm pretty sure I know what happened. I've been using Roots Organic Uprising powder nutes. Been loving it. They have 3 products, veg, bloom, and base. When I started using it, I only used the veg and bloom with great results. When I started adding the base things went whacky. Back to just the veg and bloom, and my HAOG are back on track. :)

outwest

HAOG2W sf

Top Bottom