Wtf Leaves Curling Up And Down?

• Thread starter Gaberabtic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

OK hey all love this site!
So I'm growing Triple Purple doja and being in week 3 of flower I started to notice that some of my leaves are curling up while some others are curling down. Almost like a taco.
Set up
5by5
1k hps light
Nutes fox farm trio
Cal mag
Temps range 75 light off
Light on would 80-85
Soil ph is around 6.5-6.7
Soil fox farm ocean forest mix with promix
I had a mite problem used flying skull nuke em knocked them out
What do you guys think? do you think it's overwatered, over fed, mite damage? Am I just freaking out? lol Thanks love this hobby

Wtf leaves curling up and down
Wtf leaves curling up and down 2
OldPine

OldPine

Your pH seems to be slightly on the high side for soil. Some of your leave curl could be due to lockout caused by high pH. This could lock out a whole slew of nutrients.

OldPine

OldPine

I can't see in the pictures where you have leaves taco-ing...

OldPine

OldPine

The most common reason for seeing the claw is a nitrogen toxicity.

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

The most common reason for seeing the claw is a nitrogen toxicity.
I don't think it's an N problem at all I just tested the soil again at it said 6.4 now this is the soil I'm digging out of the bottom of the pot through the holes. this is about the best I can do for a pic look at the top leaves look like an upside-down taco. was thinking it maybe bad air that spot doesn't get straight of air flow so I fixed that. Any ideas would be great if heard in another thread I should drop the ph to 6.2

20161126 173243
OldPine

OldPine

Thanks for the extra pics. I see what you're talking about now.

A couple things immediately come to mind. Either it's some sort of root problem personifying as a nutrient issue, or there is a nutrient issue (likely caused by pH being slightly on the high side), or it's a watering issue.

Tackling the easiest first, is there any chance that the girls here are not getting a full watering like the rest of your plants? Do you typically let your pots dry out between watering?

Do you water to runoff in those buckets?

What type of mites did you have? Were they in the root zone at all? It's possible that some of the roots on this plant are damaged which could cause the leaves to curl.

Personally, I'd give them a heavy watering next time they need it and reduce pH to around 6.2 and see if that helps.

Ultimately, though, the plants don't look terribly unhealthy. I see no other signs of nutrient burn or anything like that...perhaps they'll correct over time.

OldPine

OldPine

Just looked closer at your second picture. Are the new leaves right at the top of the plant blistery? Or is this just the lighting?

hermit186

hermit186

N tox to much chemistry in dirt while you were adding cal/mag you were adding enough N to put you over the edge. What you have is how I met Sea read her stuff on cal/mag and your problem will solve its self.
peeing would help but is smelly

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

Thanks for the extra pics. I see what you're talking about now.

A couple things immediately come to mind. Either it's some sort of root problem personifying as a nutrient issue, or there is a nutrient issue (likely caused by pH being slightly on the high side), or it's a watering issue.

Tackling the easiest first, is there any chance that the girls here are not getting a full watering like the rest of your plants? Do you typically let your pots dry out between watering?

Do you water to runoff in those buckets?

What type of mites did you have? Were they in the root zone at all? It's possible that some of the roots on this plant are damaged which could cause the leaves to curl.

Personally, I'd give them a heavy watering next time they need it and reduce pH to around 6.2 and see if that helps.

Ultimately, though, the plants don't look terribly unhealthy. I see no other signs of nutrient burn or anything like that...perhaps they'll correct over time.
I think I'm watering enough I'm getting plefty of run off. They are going through about 2 gallons each a week. I like the pots to be light before I water.
The mites I almost sure it was spider mites. I still have one application to due. Any thing is possible about them being in the dirt.
No, they are not blistering actually no yellow tips or burning issues.
Thanks man

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

I did a little bit more research on this strain and you know it maybe the genetics also because the pics I have seen have very similar leaves on them

mango420

mango420

Don't look that bad to me at all, see what your talking about tho. U said something about airflow, do u not have a ocilating fan on the tops? 80-85 are high temps in flower.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's your vapor pressure deficit? I would look to that and pH before making any other adjustments. Sorry, if someone else has mentioned I skipped over it.

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

What's your vapor pressure deficit? I would look to that and pH before making any other adjustments. Sorry, if someone else has mentioned I skipped over it.
Vapor.pressure? Not sure. I'm pretty sure it was a ph issue the ph at the root zone was a little a high at 6.7 and flashing to 6.8 I adjusted last night and the seem to like what I did run off is now 6.2. Flowers are growing like crazy and keeping up with others.
Don't look that bad to me at all, see what your talking about tho. U said something about airflow, do u not have a ocilating fan on the tops? 80-85 are high temps in flower.
Yes I do have a fan on the tops. Keeping the heat down is a changeling factor for myou hps puts off some heat. I also thought it maybe heat stress so I moved to light back up and I saw improvements. But overall I'm still leaning towards genetics on this one. I'm so happy with what I got never seen anything these kinda of plants!

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

The leaves feel normal no other signs of nute/bugs problems so I'm feeling pretty good. Again this is a wonderful learning process

Gaberabtic

Gaberabtic

Let see I have 2 fans blowing under the canopy (cool air) (to combat the bugs I had) 2 small window fans one is hooked up to outside air then over the top I had an oscillating fan them I have an exhuast fan pulling air out of the room. This plant was right under the oscillating fan. I made adjustment and it seems to doing better just check it this morning and be hold some leaves are starting to stick back out and up. I was able to get the temperature to hold last night at 81 so that is a definite improvement!

Latest posts

Top Bottom