YEEESSSSS!!!! prop 19 FAILS!!!

• Thread starter edux10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aligee

Aligee

still in the town doing my thing lol ya its pretty funky round these parts !!!party ilove parties !!!

F

Flavor

Thank You California for voting NO and for keeping Cooley out! :party0023:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
did cooley lose? - last I heard it was too close to call

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
The AG winner wont prolly be known until the end of the month, its that close

fractal

fractal

[Paul Armentano responds: What is concerning is how many people in this community believe deliberate misinformation and propaganda. "George Soros of Monsonto." Really? Do you have any CLUE who this person is or what he has contributed to this movement? George Soros single-handedly funded Prop. 215 in California and the medical marijuana laws enacted in several other states. No Soros = no 215, and now you and your clueless like-minded friends have made him the enemy?! Congratulations.]

Yep I have a clue, lots of clues that point to Soros being a major piece of shit! I'm laughing at you with your pathetic attempts at a comeback. People in finance like him think 10, 20 and 30 years ahead as part of what they do. That's second nature for them he could have funded 215 as the initial step in corporate entry to the market. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, you boner.

E

ent

[Paul Armentano responds: What is concerning is how many people in this community believe deliberate misinformation and propaganda. "George Soros of Monsonto." Really? Do you have any CLUE who this person is or what he has contributed to this movement? George Soros single-handedly funded Prop. 215 in California and the medical marijuana laws enacted in several other states. No Soros = no 215, and now you and your clueless like-minded friends have made him the enemy?! Congratulations.]

I never saw anything linking Soros to Monsonto. But if you followed the Soros thing closely at all you'll see that he was very outspoken of Richard Lee trying to get p19 passed during a mid-term election- knowing full well that the youth vote only shows up during a presidential election. Which is the exact reason it took Soros up until about 7 days prior to the Nov2 vote to finally put forth his $1,000,000 donation via the Drug Policy Alliance. Nobody made George the enemy because we all know his position on marijuana (and other drugs). We know that Soros did not sponsor p19 for his own financial gain- he did so based upon his own values. We respect Soros immensely because of this. The person we villified was Richard Lee. Because it was obvious why he dropped $1,500,000 of his own cash. It was an investment or a gamble. And he lost. He says he is broke now. He didn't do this for "the cause". He did it to try to fatten his pocket book. He's not an activist that does thing based on his values, he does so for financial gain. So anything with his name on it will be scrutinized beyond belief.

George Soros has earned my respect.
Richard Lee has not.

squarepusher

squarepusher

did cooley lose? - last I heard it was too close to call

Americans for Safe Access Not Cooley Campaign Proves Crucial in California Attorney General Race

By: Eugene Davidovich, San Diego Americans for Safe Access

In a highly contested race for California Attorney General, Kamala Harris a Democrat from San Francisco successfully defeated Steve Cooley a republican from Los Angeles, making her the first woman to hold the office in the State.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The AG winner wont prolly be known until the end of the month, its that close
I checked the interactive map link from the Sac Bee (the tab of which I already closed out, damn!) and it looks like Cooley's lost by a practical landslide, especially compared to many other races and propositions. He was at just over 37% of the popular vote, IIRC.

I have to admit, this was one of the simplest votes I've ever participated in. And, this is really weird, but maybe you already know how it feels--the old ladies at my polling station all remember me now, by name. They commented that they missed seeing me last June (had to absentee, I was in Puerto Rico).

I started voting at 18, spent well over 10 years voting at the same church in the Heights, and the only people who remembered me were my immediate neighbors. Out here? If we live in the same county we likely know the same people, it is such a trip. Go to Folsom to do some shopping? We'll see people we know from out here.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah well that map is not current or something SM becasue the difference is only a few thousand votes and since its so close the have to "validate" everything with the provisional ballots etc

F

Flavor

Cooley took a slim lead as of saturday, but still about 2 million votes to count. Def no time to celebrate yet.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I never saw anything linking Soros to Monsonto.

oh, it came up several times. The looney Monsanto argument doesn't pass the acid test anyway. If they wanted to impose their will, they'd do it through the legislature and write the bill themselves.

Re: Cooley race - the only link that matters.

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

Now that the smoke has cleared it's all too obvious that Prop 19 was just Richard Lee and Co.' plan to take over the California scene...PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Toss everyone in a 5x5 box...eliminate the caregivers and other dispensories and it was gonna be all his....meelins!!!! (I can just see him doing the Dr Evil pinky thing haha)

Getting George Soros to toss in a mil'...well that was easy since that guy loves to toss poop in the faces of the right. I'm sure he saw a big upside if it passed if he was in on the ground floor. He also has this thing about youth and how he likes to be cool. Sort of an MTV attitude/aproach to his lifestyle and some of his investments..IMHO

All the celebrity support and big $$ thrown at it couldn't get it to pass. Even Bill Maher came out for it on TV last week...

Why invite the feds to the party? Nobody wanted them sniffin around. Nobody wants taxes. They never end up where the status quo says they will...and nobody really wants to regulated. Regulated means they can manipulate anything about it...scary ...

It's legal already...OK? We're in this 215 grey area the feds tolerate. It's amazing considering CANNABIS is still a federal NO NO...

Yes voters were DREAMING and eventually the FEDS came down with a legit threat. That combined with the fact that Schwarz' already made an ounce or less a non issue are big reasons why it didnt pass.

Combine that with the legitimate probability of big business waiting in the wings and from the start the thing was DOOMED. I knew it the moment I heard about it way back.

Nobody wants it to become another tobacco type industry either. That scares any hippie or stoner. We all despise the corporate machine 'cause we know once it gets it's greedy mits on something you can pretty much say bubbye to quality and fairness in the marketplace. They would control/sell it... and all of a sudden we'd be the bootleggers breaking federal law...yikes!!

Right from the beginning someone explained to me how Michael Lee was spearheading the whole show. Now if your around O' town much you pretty much are aware of how f'd up that guy is...pure Dr. Evil greedy POS to be honest....and not the big pussykat he tries to portray. That's street level stuff that anyone can confirm.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

IMO ANYTHING that has government hands (big or small... local or federal) in it, is tainted and mostly money driven. Just the thought of that shit makes me sick. I would rather quit smoking than smoke manufactured. Say nope to dope and ugh to government drugs LOL

-nugzz

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought Michael Lee was Colorado MJ scene and Richard Lee is the man behind 19. Are they related? I figured Lee's just a very common surname.

Illmind

Illmind

Lee is indeed a common name, my left nuts middle name is lee. First name Hole last name Shit.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Cooley Widens Lead Over Harris In AG Race

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/11/09/cooley-widens-lead-over-harris-in-ag-race/

(CBS) — Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley expanded his lead on Tuesday over San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris in the race for state attorney general, but Cooley campaign officials acknowleged that the data could “fluctuate” further amid the ongoing recount.

Cooley, a Republican, had 3,782,957 votes, 46.1 percent, to 3,731,518 for Harris, a Democrat, 45.5 percent, according to an updated count of vote by mail, provisional and damaged ballots released by the California Secretary of State’s Office on Tuesday. That gave Cooley a lead of 51,439 votes.

Cooley’s lead had been 19,189 votes on Monday.
When polls closed a week ago Tuesday, Cooley declared victory, but by early Wednesday, Harris led by nearly 15,000 votes. However, with thousands of ballots remaining to be counted, the race was too close to call.

Harris campaign officials said they were still confident their candidate would prevail.

“There are still many votes left to count,” said Debbie Mesloh, senior adviser to the Harris campaign. “We are confident that uncounted ballots will only bolster Kamala Harris, as they will reflect Harris’ strong Election Day advantage.”

Kevin Spillane, a senior consultant with the Cooley campaign, said, “we expect the numbers — and the lead — to fluctuate during the vote counting process.”

Under state law, county registrars of voters must complete the vote counting by Nov. 30 and provide their counts to the Secretary of State’s Office by Dec. 3.

(©2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

E

elBarracho

Now that the smoke has cleared it's all too obvious that Prop 19 was just Richard Lee and Co.' plan to take over the California scene...PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Toss everyone in a 5x5 box...eliminate the caregivers and other dispensories and it was gonna be all his....meelins!!!! (I can just see him doing the Dr Evil pinky thing haha)

Getting George Soros to toss in a mil'...well that was easy since that guy loves to toss poop in the faces of the right. I'm sure he saw a big upside if it passed if he was in on the ground floor. He also has this thing about youth and how he likes to be cool. Sort of an MTV attitude/aproach to his lifestyle and some of his investments..IMHO

All the celebrity support and big $$ thrown at it couldn't get it to pass. Even Bill Maher came out for it on TV last week...

Why invite the feds to the party? Nobody wanted them sniffin around. Nobody wants taxes. They never end up where the status quo says they will...and nobody really wants to regulated. Regulated means they can manipulate anything about it...scary ...

It's legal already...OK? We're in this 215 grey area the feds tolerate. It's amazing considering CANNABIS is still a federal NO NO...

Yes voters were DREAMING and eventually the FEDS came down with a legit threat. That combined with the fact that Schwarz' already made an ounce or less a non issue are big reasons why it didnt pass.

Combine that with the legitimate probability of big business waiting in the wings and from the start the thing was DOOMED. I knew it the moment I heard about it way back.

Nobody wants it to become another tobacco type industry either. That scares any hippie or stoner. We all despise the corporate machine 'cause we know once it gets it's greedy mits on something you can pretty much say bubbye to quality and fairness in the marketplace. They would control/sell it... and all of a sudden we'd be the bootleggers breaking federal law...yikes!!

Right from the beginning someone explained to me how Michael Lee was spearheading the whole show. Now if your around O' town much you pretty much are aware of how f'd up that guy is...pure Dr. Evil greedy POS to be honest....and not the big pussykat he tries to portray. That's street level stuff that anyone can confirm.

Well said. I personally hold the herb in higher reverence than a Budweiser or a Marlboro. It is sacred,and should be treated like the sacred medicine it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom