• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edux10

California voters reject legalization of marijuana
(AP) – 1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California voters said no thanks to a ballot initiative that would have made it the first state to legalize marijuana for recreational use and sales.

Proposition 19, rejected Tuesday, would have made it legal for adults 21 and over to possess up to an ounce of marijuana, smoke the drug in nonpublic places and grow it in private plots.

The proposed law also would have authorized local governments to permit commercial pot cultivation and sales.

Proponents pitched the measure as a source of tax revenue and a sensible experiment for reducing marijuana-related arrests and crime.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s to bad we couldn`t have had a better written prop that allowed a united front for the marijuana community.Prop 19 was just krap!

fractal

fractal

You should see the drama unfolding over on another well known forum which hosts all things noob.

It is like their world is over, there is no god and they are literally threatening to out people who opposed prop 19 by tracing their IPs.

m21fire

m21fire

Wow i am sooo stoked that people actually voted no on this bill...the people have spoken and the haters lost today........lets all be happy prop 19 will never be spoken of again except by the bitter haters that lost prop 19...I VOTED NO FUCK PROP 19!!!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

That's nuts Fractal. What's sad about it is the people who whine about it most don't even live here. They could care less about all the little people and county economies this would have crushed. They heard legalization and went nutso. They thought prices would plummet in their illegal state and that the DEA would just sit on its ass and everything would be hunky sorry.

Well thank the UNIVERSE that it failed. Monsanto.....better luck next time.....fucktards.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol the only counties that it won in where up north, not sure what they thought there was to gain by passing THIS prop

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

No kidding. Humboldt, Mendocino, Butte, would have been crushed had this passed.

squarepusher

squarepusher

If there are still any medical marijuana patients who are thinking of voting yes on 19, you might consider this.

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: [email protected]; Mikki Norris <[email protected]>; Mike Gray <[email protected]>; Sunil Aggarwal <[email protected]>
Cc: Brenda Kershenbaum <[email protected]>; David Herrick <[email protected]>; David Nick <[email protected]>; Theodora Kerry <[email protected]>; Mickey Martin <[email protected]>; Paul Armentano <[email protected]>; Don E Wirtshafter <[email protected]>; Omar Figueroa <[email protected]>; Chris Conrad <[email protected]>; [email protected]; DC Williams <[email protected]>; Ellen Douglas <[email protected]>; dpfca <[email protected]>; staff <[email protected]>; Michael Cutler <[email protected]>; Jackie Wilson <[email protected]>; "[email protected]" <[email protected]>; Deborah Small <[email protected]>; Ed Rosenthal <[email protected]>; Lynette Shaw <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, October 30, 2010 11:55:01 AM
Subject: Re: DPFCA: Respected leaders who support Prop. 19 vs. Letitia Pepper's delusions and absurdities

Each word, as well as words that are missing, can be very important in terms of meaning. So, for example, look at this sentence from one of the pro-19 people:
"We all know marijuana can't really be legalized, because the feds say so. But the people don't, and we're succeeding in fooling most of them, except the really smart ones, like you, Dragonfly, Lanette, and J."
First, "marijuana" CAN BE, and HAS BEEN, legalized as medicine in California. And we can grow and use it ourselves, with no pharmaceutical intereference/profit-taking, as herbal medicine, since, unlike the law in Germany, we can grow and use it ourselves instead of having to buy it from Bayer in the expensive, pharmaceutical form of Sativex.
Second, the RECREATIONAL use of marijuana cannot be legalized by one state's adoption of a law like Prop. 19. But fooling young and enthusiastic voters into thinking they can "legalize pot" for recreational use was a great way to get them to vote yes for a law that totally benefits the guy(s) who paid to put it on the ballot, Lee and Jones.
And who will they benefit from, if Prop. 19 passes? From the only people who can use marijuana legally: medical marijuana patients.
I stand by my legal analysis: if Richard Lee and friends did NOT intend to affect medical marijuana patients' rights, why didn't the Intent section specifically state that "the Act," i.e., Prop. 19, was NOT intended to affect H & S section 11362.5, or any of the laws and court decisions implementing Prop. 215 and interpreting it, the code sections put in place by S.B. 420, and the A.G. Guidelines?
Instead, Prop. 19 was carefully worded to create "plausible deniability" by making references to H & S section 31162.5 in two separate sections under "Purpose" -- which thereby limited the effect of such references to the subject matter in each separate section in which it was mentioned. This kind of drafting was no accident -- especially given the oft-repeated claim that Prop. 19 is the final product after 14 separate drafts.
And why didn't Prop. 19 provide that people under 21, who have doctors' recommendations to use marijuana as medicine. are not subject to criminal prosecution? Or exempt the parents and/or guardians of sick children from the criminal penalties that apply to adults who furnish, etc., marijuana to people under 21?
Prop. 19 DOES affect rights udner 215. Prop. 215 made it legal for ANYONE to use marijuana with a doctor's recommendation -- and Prop. 19, if it passes, changes that and makes it illegal for ANYONE under 21 to use marijuana, even as medicine.
In order to try to get as many people to vote yes on his scheme to increase his pot proceeds, Richard Lee, using focus group results, was willing to make the use of marijuana illegal for ANYONE under 21, even sick children who are truly benefited by cannabis.
And since Prop. 19 defines cannabis as marijuana, and then provides for the state to adopt laws allowing the cultivation of hemp or "non-active cannabis," Prop. 19 is clearly designed to let SOMEONE grow "non-active cannabis." Monsanto? Bayer? Some third party who will be in business with them? Who knows? Let's hope we don't find out any time soon.
And you Prop. 19 "yes" people call people like Dennis Peron and Dave Herrick traitors? And call me, an attorney who's spent most of her career providing neutral analyses of laws more complex than Prop, 19. crazy?

T

trykome1

Well maybe it can serve as a stepping stone to a better written initiative. One thing for sure is it generated a lot of ruckus. I googled it a few times and it appeared on the hottest searches all night, in 3-4 different combinations of words ie. prop 19, CA proposition 19, California election prop 19, etc. Everyone was watching!

R

ReadySetGrowD9

It`s to bad we couldn`t have had a better written prop that allowed a united front for the marijuana community.Prop 19 was just krap!

thats what i say.... they need to try harder next time and actually put out something fair for everyone

RSGD9

T

Tesseract

That's nuts Fractal. What's sad about it is the people who whine about it most don't even live here. They could care less about all the little people and county economies this would have crushed. They heard legalization and went nutso. They thought prices would plummet in their illegal state and that the DEA would just sit on its ass and everything would be hunky sorry.

Well thank the UNIVERSE that it failed. Monsanto.....better luck next time.....fucktards.

Couldn't have said it any better! I am not in Cali, but actually cared to read the prop and understand where the money is coming from. Like you said, people just think legalization. They have no conception of anything other then that which is selfish. I tried to tell them about Monsanto ect... and their reply was,
"GM cropping is good for us and I don't care about Monsanto. Science when it comes to GM is good for us."

Idiots!

T

R

Rabbi

hopefully, Meg whiteman will go meet and pick up richard lee only to drive themselves of the cliff at devils slide. So we wont have to deal with these SCUMBAGS again.

PROP 19 up in Flames Hurray!

:banana::rasta::cool0044::smiley_joint::icon_spin::rastadancing::party0033::party0042::evilgrin:

S

scrapiron

This is the Headline America is waking up to...

SAN FRANCISCO – Californians heeded warnings of legal chaos and other dangers and rejected a ballot measure Tuesday that would have made their state the first to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

The spirited campaign over Proposition 19 pitted the state's political and law enforcement establishment against determined activists seeking to end the prohibition of pot.

Yep.... It was pot against Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement WINS. It is funny how none of the News stories say anything about RL or other issues. Just the Evil Weed is still Evil... Cali says so.
Thank You Medical Mj villans.
I hope NORML and all the money finds a different State to support next time around. It is obvious they are oblivious!

R

Rabbi

All I can say to you out of state'rs is talk all you want but you got no Rights(Or vote or say), LOL. So Why dont you invite Richard Lee to move in with you and start your own States Legalization campaign.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwhnJ5K810&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
All I can say to you out of state'rs is talk all you want but you got no Rights(Or vote or say), LOL. So Why dont you invite Richard Lee to move in with you and start your own States Legalization campaign.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwhnJ5K810&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

ever watch the Big Lebowski and play the drinking game to that movie where everytime he says dude you take a shot,,,,,, watch cheech n chong and everytime they say man puff.......wheeeew youd be higher than a 747

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You should see the drama unfolding over on another well known forum which hosts all things noob.

It is like their world is over, there is no god and they are literally threatening to out people who opposed prop 19 by tracing their IPs.
Ok, now I have to know which site.

I just found a really cool interactive map on the results in California.

lol the only counties that it won in where up north, not sure what they thought there was to gain by passing THIS prop
Actually... that's not true. It was coastal counties (the counties with huge populations, the counties that were responsible for Jerry Brown being elected) that voted for it. See the interactive map I've linked above.
Yep.... It was pot against Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement WINS. It is funny how none of the News stories say anything about RL or other issues. Just the Evil Weed is still Evil... Cali says so.
Thank You Medical Mj villans.
I hope NORML and all the money finds a different State to support next time around. It is obvious they are oblivious!
You are WELCOME! :D
[YOUTUBE]ee925OTFBCA[/YOUTUBE]

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
hopefully this denial of a poorly written prop. will open the eyes of many and show them that just because something sounds great, doesnt mean it is. big money does this shit all the time and never gets called out. great job people of cali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom