YEEESSSSS!!!! prop 19 FAILS!!!

• Thread starter edux10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

I thought Michael Lee was Colorado MJ scene and Richard Lee is the man behind 19. Are they related? I figured Lee's just a very common surname.

Sea Maiden I meant the same guy...somehow I keep f'n up his first name haha..same a hole

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I get names switched, and I wanted to make sure *I* had it right, and then it occurred to me that since you mentioned him in conjunction with that, that maybe they were connected and I didn't realize it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Harris Regains Slight Lead In Attorney General’s Race

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-in-attorney-generals-race-mcnerney-holds-on/

SACRAMENTO (AP) — Democrat Kamala Harris has regained a slight lead over her Republican opponent in the California attorney general’s race.

The secretary of state’s office said late Friday that Harris, the San Francisco district attorney, leads Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley by 5,576 votes. That represents just a fraction of 1 percent of all votes cast.

Meanwhile, two congressional races in the Central Valley remain too close to call. Democratic Reps. Jim Costa and Jerry McNerney were leading their Republican challengers.

Costa leads Andy Vidak by 1,107 votes in the 20th Congressional District. McNerney leads David Harmer by 1,690 votes in the 11th Congressional District.
Counties have until Dec. 3 to report final ballot tallies to the secretary of state’s office.

Aligee

Aligee

:)

[IMG]http://i1198.invalid.com/albums/aa460/aligeezy/image.jpg[/IMG]
!!!

deadcat

deadcat

So, why is prop 19 failing a good thing again? I'm over 21 and have my medical card, from what's been said by financial analyst is the price of pot would have eventually went down about 80% do to the change, which would be roughly $60/oz. I'm not saying there isn't one, but when I read prop 19, on the surface there doesn't seem to be any viable reason to vote no on this. So what am I missing? because it looks like I'm the only one with this view. Seems like the only people that would stand to loose would be people under 21 and dealers.

fractal

fractal

Prop 19 failing was a good thing because we avoided corporate takeover of cannabis production. We avoided for at least 2 more years Monsanto introducing terminator cannabis seeds to the industry and destroying it. We avoided for 2 more years small cannabis growers being hauled into court to face lawsuits when Monsanto terminator cannabis pollen contaminates their sensi crop. Also we avoided creating a new cartel of billionaires based in oaksterdam who don't give a shit about medical users.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Prop 19 failing was a good thing because we avoided corporate takeover of cannabis production. We avoided for at least 2 more years Monsanto introducing terminator cannabis seeds to the industry and destroying it. We avoided for 2 more years small cannabis growers being hauled into court to face lawsuits when Monsanto terminator cannabis pollen contaminates their sensi crop. Also we avoided creating a new cartel of billionaires based in oaksterdam who don't give a shit about medical users.

Oh and unpressedented local goverment control and taxation ,many violations of the rights of consumers as well! This prop devided the mj comunity and only set us back. I`m more in favor of something like CCI or the preposed law by Jack Herer.Making marijuana legal should be a good thing for everyone!

:smiley_joint:

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

The Monsanto conspiracy is tin-foil hat stuff. As soon as they want to get involved, they'll just pick the politicians they need to "support" and write the legislation themselves. It won't be done by proposition.

P.S. - Local govt still has plenty of control. LA County just voted to colse all dispensaries in unincorporated areas of the county.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The good thing is that state legislation can not override the vote of the people,Kelly vs. the People., Cal suprem Court,US 9th District. Et. prop 215

Yes local goverment has a lot of control. This is a good thing in some places and a bad thing in other places in Cali.

H

HannaMan

So, why is prop 19 failing a good thing again? I'm over 21 and have my medical card, from what's been said by financial analyst is the price of pot would have eventually went down about 80% do to the change, which would be roughly $60/oz. I'm not saying there isn't one, but when I read prop 19, on the surface there doesn't seem to be any viable reason to vote no on this. So what am I missing? because it looks like I'm the only one with this view. Seems like the only people that would stand to loose would be people under 21 and dealers.

You didn't read Prop19 clearly enough.
If you have a brother who is under the age of 21, but over the age of 18, and you passed him a joint, you're signing yourself up for a $1,000 fine and a year in jail...worst then alcohol.

Also, $60 an ounce?? ... The tax ALONE is $50 an ounce, so that means whoever is growing the pot is only making $10 per ounce...

Ya, right, LOL.

They almost had us all fooled...The market would've stayed the same for a long time to come...

DEMAND dictates the market, why would these greed inspired people take money out of there own pockets??

Anyways, 2012 should be much better.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
If you have a brother who is under the age of 21, but over the age of 18, and you passed him a joint, you're signing yourself up for a $1,000 fine and a year in jail...worst then alcohol.

Also, $60 an ounce?? ... The tax ALONE is $50 an ounce, so that means whoever is growing the pot is only making $10 per ounce...

Ya, right, LOL.

They almost had us all fooled...The market would've stayed the same for a long time to come...

DEMAND dictates the market, why would these greed inspired people take money out of there own pockets??

Wrong! the State was eye`n a tax of $50 an ounce prop 19 would have allowed that tax and ANY amount desided on on top of that by local goverment;cities and counties! Also between the state and despenceries they would have been able to control production amounts to make price fixing take the place of the free market.Prices would have been set in many local areas to prohibit MMJ, other places to make as much as money as posible.
Where nobody could gess what the price per oz would end up being under prop 19 it`s a very safe gess that only a few would have cleaned up and mj users would have paid the tab.I`d be very surprized if the prices would have went any lower that today`s street prices and expected it to go up not down under prop 19.

It was also stated MMJ,215 wouldn`t have been effected but what wasn`t in 215 was plant count and amounts 420 was struck down(kelly vs. the people) only because the legistlators can not ad or amend to a law voted on by the people such as 215 and 19 had it passed.Even though prop 19 could not have changed anything in 215 it would have effected mmj users and growers because it would have set presidents on marijuana that the courts could have used to define and overturn The out come of Kelly vs. the people without making any changes to 215.It wouldn`t have been a stretch to also see other effects such as public use and use of MMJ around minors and other things to have also been included in further court cases or on legislative bills.

Prop 19 would have been a nightmare! We dodged a storm of complex problems to the cause when it went down in ashes! Not that I don`t want to see some change in our laws as they are still very unfair!

deadcat

deadcat

Ya, right, LOL.

Well, since Arnold decriminalized marijuana under an oz I doubt you'd go to prison for passing a joint to someone, the most you'd get is a 100$ fine for possession, you wouldn't even need to appear in court, I think you thinking about selling. But the thing is it's already illegal to do that. They do have the donation fix for that though if it's under an OZ, in which case you just get a 100 fine also. That's just what I heard on TV from "Financial Experts" but who knows, does seem pretty unrealistic for price to go down up to 80%. I think it would go down at least a little because more people would be openly buying as well as growing and selling (with donation method) legally for the most part (at risk for 100$ fine as long as donation is oz or under).

Prop 19 would have been a nightmare! We dodged a storm of complex problems to the cause when it went down in ashes! Not that I don`t want to see some change in our laws as they are still very unfair!

What was it about prop 19 that would have caused problems? I'm still not seeing why people are against it? I can see why MJ Physicians would be or dealers. But as a patient you can still use your recommendation to have more (mine's up to 1/2 lb which is default here). I'm pretty sure the medical community would still have it's benefits. Plus Prop 19 would have introduced "pot bars" so to speak.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Because I have family under 21 years of age who could have a record for life because of Prop 19 if it had passed! Also so many other things! I can`t see where anyone would have benefit from prop 19 hardly! It was just all messed up! Not at all what came to mind when I thought of legal pot!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
jesus titty fucking christ - why are you trying to kick a dead horse?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mr. Castle, et alia, I think it's important to make a distinction and clarify that there are propositions which the people vote on that the legislature can amend or change.

One type is a constitutional proposition, and those, like 215 and 8, cannot be changed by legislative vote. The other type is a statutory proposition, and 19 was a statutory proposition that could be amended at any time by the legislature.

I think it's important for California voters to know this because we should understand how our government works, as well as certain finer details of the law.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No the legislature can not change any law made by the people! All legislative laws are statutory and all laws voted on by the people are constitutional. Statutory means written and constitional means ratfyed by the people.I was a law major in college so I`d know this. Prop 215 is Constitution Law and 19 would have also had been if it had passed! If you wish to argue this make refrence to where you come about this way of thinking...in a law reference like Black`s Book of Law or California Code of Law.You can also use a book like The History of Law by Dr. Edger Wright,Ph D.,J.D. or anyone who has a `Jutis Doctoris Ph D ,(Doctor of Law). I do agree it is important for California voters to understand how our goverment works!

J

just_in_ct

I think its funny that everyone is happy PROP 19 failed because now they are taxing medical marijuana. good job guys.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
That`s one thing we need to change! Meds of any kind should not be taxed! I also beleave hot food shouldn`t be taxed! I can see recreational MJ having sales tax on it,but I don`t like the idea! I won`t stand for a `Sin Tax` on something given from God!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No the legislature can not change any law made by the people! All legislative laws are statutory and all laws voted on by the people are constitutional. Statutory means written and constitional means ratfyed by the people.I was a law major in college so I`d know this. Prop 215 is Constitution Law and 19 would have also had been if it had passed! If you wish to argue this make refrence to where you come about this way of thinking...in a law reference like Black`s Book of Law or California Code of Law.You can also use a book like The History of Law by Dr. Edger Wright,Ph D.,J.D. or anyone who has a `Jutis Doctoris Ph D ,(Doctor of Law). I do agree it is important for California voters to understand how our goverment works!
A fellow at another site kindly explained the difference to me privately. I trust him, have even seen him interviewed on television in his activities, and so have a tendency to accept what he says as truthful. However, if this is a nuance I have missed, then I'd like to understand better.

It does make some sense to me, considering how idiotic many voters are, and that the recorder may not always catch proposals that might be in conflict with other laws, or are otherwise nebulous in character and that either force the legislature to take some sort of action or the courts to strike it down entirely.

I still maintain that not all laws voted on by the people are automatically constitutional. I give you propositions 22 and 19 as evidence of such.

In any event, will this prove sufficient evidence as to the veracity of the argument?

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 2 VOTING, INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM, AND RECALL

SEC. 10.
(a) An initiative statute or referendum approved by a majority of votes thereon takes effect the day after the election unless the measure provides otherwise. If a referendum petition is filed against a part of a statute the remainder shall not be delayed from going into effect.
(b) If provisions of 2 or more measures approved at the same election conflict, those of the measure receiving the highest affirmative vote shall prevail.

(c) The Legislature may amend or repeal referendum statutes. It may amend or repeal an initiative statute by another statute that becomes effective only when approved by the electors unless the initiative statute permits amendment or repeal without their approval.

(d) Prior to circulation of an initiative or referendum petition for signatures, a copy shall be submitted to the Attorney General who shall prepare a title and summary of the measure as provided by law.

(e) The Legislature shall provide the manner in which petitions shall be circulated, presented, and certified, and measures submitted to the electors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom