Yellow spots on leaves first time grow

• Thread starter Jonaffen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonaffen

Jonaffen

Few Yellow spots on one of the leaves
1 of the leaves has a little hole in it, all of the plants look healthy apart from these 2 this is first solo run and just looking to figure out what’s going on before gets to late been checking all plants regularly and this is first day I’ve seen any issues.

Currently on day 17 of veg, running
Bio bizz light mix soil
Bio bizz fish mix
Bio bizz activera
Bio bizz alg a mic
Bio bizz cal mag
Bio bizz bio heaven
Bio bizz root juice

Feeding between 6.3/6.8 PH
Feed -> Feed -> Water -> Feed -> Feed
You get the idea^^

Day temp 26°C-30°C
Night temp 16°C-18°C (Trying to bring this up over night just waiting on an oil heater being delivered)

Jonaffen

Jonaffen

Leaf looks heat stressed, what light, what power setting and how far above the top of your plants?

I started the seedlings on 250w
And moved up to 400w after a week as was struggling to get temps up during day,
2 days ago I upped to 600w as felt like that plants would be able to handle it, they are about 55-60cm away from top of each plant

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Is everything your adding bio bizz if so your running a organic grow and have no need to ph
Your simply wasting your time & money as organic soil grows don’t need to be ph

As for the plants not needing food for the first few weeks ( in soil ) he’s bang on
There’s plenty nutes already in the soil to feed the plant
If you overfed while there young you can stunt them.

I would prefer to see a pic of the whole plant to figure how big it actually is as the feed feed water thing makes me wonder if your over feeding to early as well as light/ heat damage

You don’t have that 600w on full blast do you it’s dimmed at least no .. yes

Btw a pics better than videos when we’re trying to figure stuff out

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Can you explain what you mean by plants last like 2 to 3 weeks without nutrients please, I’ve posted all extras I’ve been adding with my water to feed
gmix said it perfectly👍 the soil holds nutrients so no need to give any, until they start to run out in the soil. then build the nutrients up as you go. if given to much to early even though there organic. they can still show nutrient burn. above looks like heat stress to, from the light maybe to close or to much heat.

Jonaffen

Jonaffen

Is everything your adding bio bizz if so your running a organic grow and have no need to ph

As for the plants not needing food for the first few weeks ( in soil ) he’s bang on

I would prefer to see a pic of the whole plant to figure how big it actually is as the feed feed water thing makes me wonder if your over feeding to early as well as light/ heat damage

My light cycle starts in 15 mins so once lights go on I’ll take a few pics, I’m just a bit more confused as it’s only 2 out of the 13 plants that have this issue and there all in the same tent with the exact same nutrient mix in each pot etc, I appreciate all the advice tho,

When you say you don’t need to ph when running organic would you say it’s better if you are making sure all you’re ph levels are perfect, as I can imagine too acidic or too much alkaline could be bad for plants

Jonaffen

Jonaffen

My light cycle starts in 15 mins so once lights go on I’ll take a few pics, I’m just a bit more confused as it’s only 2 out of the 13 plants that have this issue and there all in the same tent with the exact same nutrient mix in each pot etc, I appreciate all the advice tho,

When you say you don’t need to ph when running organic would you say it’s better if you are making sure all you’re ph levels are perfect, as I can imagine too acidic or too much alkaline could be bad for plants
IMG 2540
IMG 2539
IMG 2539

IMG 2541
Jonaffen

Jonaffen

They are set to 600w I have an option for 600w boost but wasn’t sure when that may be needed was gonna take a guess around flowering or during the flowering period, but wasn’t worried about that atm

Last edited:
Jonaffen

Jonaffen

gmix said it perfectly👍 the soil holds nutrients so no need to give any, until they start to run out in the soil. then build the nutrients up as you go. if given to much to early even though there organic. they can still show nutrient burn. above looks like heat stress to, from the light maybe to close or to much heat.

I understand what you are saying now so in the first 7 days all I used was water and root juice and started gradually adding in different nutrients as the days go on I’ve been using all the ones in the list I posted originally, and have been running all of them together for past 5-6 days

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I check my tap water pH occasionally and it has consistently been 7.6. I suppose that means the water system is working as it should. I do think it's useful to know our water's pH and mineral content, but I tend to believe the water is the least probable cause of problems if it's within a safe range. I don't know what that range is, though. My thinking has been if it's okay to drink, it's probably okay for the plants. I certainly wouldn't want to give them water I wouldn't drink.

But you're asking about an optimal pH level. I doubt there would be a specific number. We rely on microbes that are adaptable, so, if they're living in a healthy environment, all is well. I know from experience that they can thrive in a 7.6 pH level of the input water.

I've also done slurry tests on the pH of my soil. Just mix some soil with distilled water and test the pH level. Mine tested surprisingly low. IIRC, it was slightly below 6.0, even though the input water was 7.6. (I haven't done one of those tests in a while, though.) The cause could have been the soil I was using (that I'm not using now), or it could have been due to microbial activity. IDK

At the end of the day, I don't worry about pH level.

Eledin

Eledin

Are you using tap water by any chance? If thats the case it might be too much calcium. Also usually people do nutes>water>nutes>water, why are you doing 2 in a row of nutes? Do you use half the nutes for each week in those 2 or you go full dosage the 2 times? Theyre still small and if theyre from seed some are hungrier than others, it happens even with clones but is way more noticeable with seeds because of the different phenotypes.

Jonaffen

Jonaffen

Are you using tap water by any chance? If thats the case it might be too much calcium. Also usually people do nutes>water>nutes>water, why are you doing 2 in a row of nutes? Do you use half the nutes for each week in those 2 or you go full dosage the 2 times? Theyre still small and if theyre from seed some are hungrier than others, it happens even with clones but is way more noticeable with seeds because of the different phenotypes.
Bio bizz recommend 2ml per litre I’m using 2ml per 2 L, I was recommended this by a friend that’s been running crazy crops with bio bizz for years, that’s main reason I decided to go with bio bizz was to try match his crops but I also prefer the idea of going organic, and I’m running seeds also

Jonaffen

Jonaffen

I check my tap water pH occasionally and it has consistently been 7.6. I suppose that means the water system is working as it should. I do think it's useful to know our water's pH and mineral content, but I tend to believe the water is the least probable cause of problems if it's within a safe range. I don't know what that range is, though. My thinking has been if it's okay to drink, it's probably okay for the plants. I certainly wouldn't want to give them water I wouldn't drink.

But you're asking about an optimal pH level. I doubt there would be a specific number. We rely on microbes that are adaptable, so, if they're living in a healthy environment, all is well. I know from experience that they can thrive in a 7.6 pH level of the input water.

I've also done slurry tests on the pH of my soil. Just mix some soil with distilled water and test the pH level. Mine tested surprisingly low. IIRC, it was slightly below 6.0, even though the input water was 7.6. (I haven't done one of those tests in a while, though.) The cause could have been the soil I was using (that I'm not using now), or it could have been due to microbial activity. IDK

Much appreciated for the response, helped me feel a bit more comfortable about using my water usually tests around 7.6 straight from tap, and I spend so much time making feed to exact 6.3 as much as possible so helps me for saving time

Jonaffen

Jonaffen

Bio bizz recommend 2ml per litre I’m using 2ml per 2 L, I was recommended this by a friend that’s been running crazy crops with bio bizz for years, that’s main reason I decided to go with bio bizz was to try match his crops but I also prefer the idea of going organic, and I’m running seeds also
I’m also using tap water :/
What would you recommend to use ?

M

MellowRello

But you're asking about an optimal pH level. I doubt there would be a specific number. We rely on microbes that are adaptable, so, if they're living in a healthy environment, all is well. I know from
Few Yellow spots on one of the leaves
1 of the leaves has a little hole in it, all of the plants look healthy apart from these 2 this is first solo run and just looking to figure out what’s going on before gets to late been checking all plants regularly and this is first day I’ve seen any issues.

Currently on day 17 of veg, running
Bio bizz light mix soil
Bio bizz fish mix
Bio bizz activera
Bio bizz alg a mic
Bio bizz cal mag
Bio bizz bio heaven
Bio bizz root juice

Feeding between 6.3/6.8 PH
Feed -> Feed -> Water -> Feed -> Feed
You get the idea^^

Day temp 26°C-30°C
Night temp 16°C-18°C (Trying to bring this up over night just waiting on an oil heater being delivered)

experience that they can thrive in a 7.6 pH level of the input water.

The pre loaded soil will feed them for at least 3 weeks before you need to add anything. Adding more nutes is not a good idea. That soil should also have the PH buffers in it so no need to PH water.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
They are set to 600w I have an option for 600w boost but wasn’t sure when that may be needed was gonna take a guess around flowering or during the flowering period, but wasn’t worried about that atm
Dim the light if it has a dimmer to at least 75/80% none of us run leds at 100% there to intense and will burn the plant

Eledin

Eledin

I’m also using tap water :/
What would you recommend to use ?
Less calmag, tap water has calcium and magnessium and other minerals. Usually calmag is for osmotized water or in case you see a defficiency. You can still use it but I would use a micro dose. Also let the chlorine evaporate before using the tap water for 2-3 days if its a big container or at least 1 day for small containers. I wait 2-3 days for 2 gallon jugs, better safe than sorry, its bad for my plants and it kills the microorganisms I have.
EDIT: Oh yeah and feed the 2 that are stressed less, sometimes you get delicated phenotypes that dont tolerate nutes as well as the others, theyre smaller too. That difference is not as noticeable when theyre big already.
EDIT2: Forgot that in the USA some places dont put chlorine in their water (Im from Spain), I think you can get info on whats in your tap water from your local government facility, it will still have some sort of cleaning agent if not chlorine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom