Yellowing and browning on leaf edge and tips

• Thread starter crom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I am growing a hybrid Dutch Dragon x DJ Shorts Blueberry. She was a very healthy cutting except the last few days she has been developing some yellowing on the leaf edges. I am on the fence as to which def is going on here. I want to post the pics and see what your opinions are with this one. I never had this problem before so thanks in advance for the help. I have read and researched this def but I'm still not positive. I use FFOF soil cut with perlite and epsom. I use the Foxfarm nutes, Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom,cha ching, beastie bloomz, and open seasme. I also use great white mycorrhizal. I use Neem Oil as well. I am running a 400w MH at about 18" above the canopy. My lights are vented and has glass. Any info or questions are appreciatied. Thanks.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So does anyone have any ideas as to what this def is?

O

ogcanna kush

splashback

any chance when you are watering/feeding that your leaves are siting on the soil or your water is laying at the edge of the leaf? had this happen is it only the bottom leafs

D

Djmers

To be honest looks like nute burn just over doing it on the feeding, your leafs look very dark and this sometimes is an indication of to much food, not always the case though can also depend on the strain ( correct me if I'm wrong anyone ), I would just give them water for a bit and then start feeding again with a weak mix. Hope this helps.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks for your input kush and Djmers. I transplanted them a few weeks ago into the pots that you see in the photos. I know that the leaves aren't touching the soil and I try real hard not to get any nute/H2O on the leaves when watering. I do spray with water now and then to add some humidity as well as spray Neem every two weeks. As for the problem being nute burn that is a good possibility. I watered with plain PHed water this morning so we will see. I flush at the month points to be sure there is no build up as well as to flush any problems down the drain so to speak.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What do you guys think about the extra Neem from the gallon mix being added to the soil after spraying? I have heard that the plant takes in the Neem and anything feeding on the plant IE fungus gnats, or spider mites will ingest it and will die. Any thoughts, experiences, input on this?

S

shdowlkr

Neem aint gonna do a thing for the fungus gnats... BTI for them
But for sure, up til week 3/4 of flower, its ok to dump the neem into the soil. It can take some time to metabolize out of the plant tho, so best to cut it out with at least 5 more weeks of growing.
foilare is a bit different, but I always rinsed my plants 20 min after a foilare so it didn't matter so much, but still would not use it that way in the last 3 weeks of the grow.

It will kill spider mites as a contact killer only. Once its dry, it does no good
Feeding with it, insects will find your plants less appetizing
The plant itself loves to have it in the soil. Im sure you'll see that 2 days after doing so.

I see some funky leaves like that from time to time on my plants. if it is not progressing up I typically ignore it...

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks for the input shdowlkr. How come you rinse 20 minutes after a spraying? I love the way it makes my leaves shine and i haven't seen any mites yet. I do not use neem too far into flower for the reason of taste in the finished buds.

S

shdowlkr

My first encounter with mites I used neem on them.. Sprayed the crap out of the ladies and left them over night. Next day I had a lot of burn spots on the leaves and not the happiest ladies in flower. I could have mixed it to strong, but it was enough to make me rinse every time after that and never another issue.

besides, it is just a contact killer.. useless dry on a leaf.... it may still deter but has no kill power.

D

dogless

Premium Member
Supporter
Just finished reading an article on skunk mag about yellowing of lower fan leaves it mentions that is a sign of overwatering.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
"Just finished reading an article on skunk mag about yellowing of lower fan leaves it mentions that is a sign of overwatering."

Really hmm I don't think it is overwatering because the chocolope that I'm growing with the DDB isn't showing signs of the same problem. I have been using a moisture meter to be sure that I am not overwatering. I use the meter in the summer when it's hot to ensure that I don't overwater. Thanks so much for your input I will keep an eye on the watering to see if this could be the culprit.

Top Bottom