Yellowing from bottom up help. Week 5 flower.

• Thread starter Solarscar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I don't know much about that I know epsoms salt is cheaper than buying calmag that's why they use it to treat magnesium deficiency I'll have to cheak about the Sulphur but if you grow organic molasses will help the plant with energy to grow microbial life and Improve taste and terps or go synthetic like bud candy many products.

thcoso

thcoso

Week 5? I’d feed only once more with something like roots organic bloom. The bottom yellowing is normal for this week.

C

Crabs_308

Hello farmers! Glad to join the forum. Looks like there is lots of seasoned growers.

I’m currently starting week five of flower and one of my 4 plants (a tad on another) is starting to yellow some from the bottom up. There is also a general lighter green on the plant. I am curious as what this may be? I am ph’ing my tap water to 6.8 and using fox farms trio once a week at 1/2 to 1/4 strength when following their guide online. Should I let these plants ride this out for another 4 weeks or should I look into this? The issue has only progressed slowly for the past 10 days or so. I attached a photo of my grow. The problem plant is at the back right. I attached a photo of a yellowing/light green bottom plant leaf and a light green leaf further up the plant. Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated! Happy growing!
One thing I notice about the area and leaves you pointed out, they are really densely packed and it looks like what you are seeing is actually light deficiency. Download the Photone app and also reference Grow Light Calculator to figure out the ideal DLI/PPFD your light is putting out. At week 5-6 youre plant will want a DLI around 35… the max DLI Id push in flower would be 40 with ample co2 and feeding. Flower stage is tricky because you want beneficial stress from light dry backs, but also want to feed the right amount of nutrients and keep the organic soil moist so the beneficial bacteria and micorrizae can survive. Soil temperature also plays a big part.

Possible solution: Check DLI at the lower bud sites and make sure they are getting enough light, I’d say pull those yellowing leaves as a late flower defoliation. The plant is eating cannibalizing those leaves anyway and is burning energy trying to keep them alive. This will also help more air and light into those areas so you can get more photosynthesis where it’s needed. I wouldn’t play with nutes too much as you could “lock out” the plant, and then you will be chasing even more plant health issues and could also throw off the brix of the plant. Try adding stash blend, extreme nutrients duo (mykos/azos) or great white. Stash Blend and Xtreme Gardening are the best bang for your buck. Add 1/2 tsp to 1 gallon of water and water in with your nutrients. This will help your roots and your plants immunity and resilience to stress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom