yellowing leaves and brown spots! help!

• Thread starter bdubbz4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bdubbz4

bdubbz4

hey guys . what do you think is the cause of the brown spots on my plant ?

I have 2 plants and it is only happening on one of them . it started in early flower stage. It is now almost the end of flower and the small brown spots are getting worse and worse everyday. The browning is staying away from the buds and is mainly on the bigger leaves . It is also more dominant in the top of the canopy.

( I would like to mention this plants main stem snapped during LST. OOPS ! I taped it back up and braced it immediately. It seemed to graft back together and continued to grow . I am wondering if this could be what started this problem.)

I have read similar threads where the cause of spots like this was because of spider mites. I dont think its spidermites but I know they are difficult to see. Also I would of thought that both plants would show this symptom if i had spider mites.

First time grower so I am just learning , Thanks for any feedback.

Yellowing leaves and brown spots help
Yellowing leaves and brown spots help 2
Yellowing leaves and brown spots help 3
Yellowing leaves and brown spots help 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not spider mites, looks like lockout, what's the medium and what's the pH/ppm of the medium?

bdubbz4

bdubbz4

ph of the runoff water yesterday was 6.9. I currently do not have a way to measure ppm.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

ph of the runoff water yesterday was 6.9. I currently do not have a way to measure ppm.
So I'm going to assume soil. Gotta tell you I used my PPM meter probably 20 to 1 more than I check pH, I use one of those cheap blue meters about 10 or $12 in my opinion they're well worth it

Others May disagree but if that were my plant I would flush it with twice the volume I normally water with at 6.5 pH plain water. Then going by my PPM runoff I would either finish up with some newts or leave it like it was, good luck!

bdubbz4

bdubbz4

awesome information! thanks brother. and yes im growing in soil . I will have to look into a ppm meter

Top Bottom