Yellowing Leaves During Flower

• Thread starter jimmytheduck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

At 4 weeks in, I can't really give a recommendation as your going to be chasing you tail till harvest.

A little CalMag or CalNitate may help but I can't be for certain as its hard to tell from your pictures.

Maybe even a little dose of Epson Salts, as that always seems to green my plants back up.

Whats you humidity like during day time?

J

jimmytheduck

I will have sum more pictures up for you tonight. Hopefully i can get sum better shots. Ive never used cal mg as i was told the area im in, bay area california. Is high in cal mg. my temps are 82 during on cycle and humidity is 32-37%

Billyboat

Billyboat

Thats your problem, your humidity is way too low. Look into the VPD charts.

I run 65-68% until week 5 and then I cut it back to 50% and then 40% last two weeks.

With that low humidity your plants are having a hard time uptaking nutes and are searching for water, stomas are closing and they are just trying to survive.

J

jimmytheduck

Hmm i see... Never really occured to me that would be it. I always read that they liked lower humidity during the day. But i mean im always still learning so any info i can get it good. Im always worried for bud rot and powder mold when humidity is high. My girls grew huuuge during the hot weather with lower humidity but also my quality and weight suffered. I learned the hard way that big huge colas dont always give you the best of quality. Especially during heat stress. Thanks for you info bro. How can i raise humidity?

Billyboat

Billyboat

I recommend Mainland Mart ultra Sonic 12 Head Discs, and you build you own humidifier with a plastic container, computer fan, float valve and a RO water source. I have pics in one of my journals here...

I run a very clean and tight enviro and I haven't seen PM in years and only once or twice have I got bud rot, but those were typically on plants that were in hard to reach places and were falling over, on top of each other.

Keep your plants healthy with OGbiowar teas or other myco products and they will build a strong immune system and be able to combat stresses. Sick plants are more prone to PM and bud rot.

J

jimmytheduck

Ok great...man giving some really good info. My on cycle will be in about an hr. I will put some pics up in a bit. Plus i will chk out your journal for some more insight. The only teas i use is the vermie crop vermi T. Is that any good my friend?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Ok great...man giving some really good info. My on cycle will be in about an hr. I will put some pics up in a bit. Plus i will chk out your journal for some more insight. The only teas i use is the vermie crop vermi T. Is that any good my friend?

I've never used that tea, I brew my own. Take a look at Capulators bennies section in the nute and fert section of this sight, lots of great info and a 50+ page thread on teas.

J

jimmytheduck

Wells heres some more pics of the girls. I think its still hard to see but they pretty much looks as yellow as the pics. Buds are growing ok, definately not the usual weight i normally see. Definately quality. Waaay better than a spider mites and heat stress situation i had last time fuking nearly killed me. Shit came out sum b grade shit. Big giant colas, but dried down small and the insided were leafy.sucks i tell ya. Looking at the vpd chart my humidity is definately low. 85 degress and 32 humidity. Would this also be the reason im seeing orange hairs and early ripening at 4 weeks?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Take pics with lights out that way we can see the true color of the leaves, stems, and petiloes.

Back before I knew what VPD was, I def saw similar issues that you are seeing.

J

jimmytheduck

Man bro, id like to give props on ur rooms. I saw ur postings. I definately can learn a thing or 3 from you if you dont mind. School a novice up! Doin this 7 years and still getting schooled.learning never stops. I sure will tommorow morning.

J

jimmytheduck

Thats some good info bro. I think that might be the last combo to my lock. I always recalling after i would foliar feed with nitozyme. I always turned my blowers off and fans off. During veg after i spray. The room would be humid as fuck. But damn were those leaves looking like they were straight praying. I know the humidity was high as hell too. Never thought humidity would help so much during flower. I was always told 30-40% was optimal. Guess im learning some new tricks here.

J

jimmytheduck

Heres an update decided to take one out for better pics. Let me know brotha. Notice how some hairs are already brown at 4 weeks. I see it also randomly scattered around the room also on random tops their will just be a bunchs brown hairs

Billyboat

Billyboat

Heres an update decided to take one out for better pics. Let me know brotha. Notice how some hairs are already brown at 4 weeks. I see it also randomly scattered around the room also on random tops their will just be a bunchs brown hairs

Purple stems and the yellowing of the leaves def looks like a nute uptake issue which I would attribute to the VPD...

If it were me I would add some epson salts and raise that humidity...

Heat stress, low humidity, stressed plants, or even foliar spraying def can lead to hairs turning brown...or god forbid hermi action...

Best of luck my friend

J

jimmytheduck

I think i have also solved come up with another thought. I have a thermometer reading 84 but its hanging above the canopy about 1.5 foot higher. Its reading 84. But at canopy level. I use a infared thermometer and its read 68-75 at thr warmest places. Is my canopy temp too cold? Thus causing the slow uptake of water and nutes? It seems the ones near the intake fan (68 degrees canopopy) are always slow to drink. It stays wet longer the soil, snd the buds are smaller. What do yall think?

d420dool

d420dool

i found that mixing greensand globally in my soil mix and lettin it cook with everything else for like a month, thats the only way i get nice lush green all the way thru, right at about 8.5 weeks they start to go light green but not yellow

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I think i have also solved come up with another thought. I have a thermometer reading 84 but its hanging above the canopy about 1.5 foot higher. Its reading 84. But at canopy level. I use a infared thermometer and its read 68-75 at thr warmest places. Is my canopy temp too cold? Thus causing the slow uptake of water and nutes? It seems the ones near the intake fan (68 degrees canopopy) are always slow to drink. It stays wet longer the soil, snd the buds are smaller. What do yall think?
Nothing about your room is too cold. I see you've mentioned it being too cold a few times.....your Temps are fine. From the latest set of good pics. I see that your leaves are in recovery, with some slight over watering issues. Just keep feeding her like your doing. She's doing fine. The red hair's seem to be from heat or foliar spraying while lights on. Best of luck .

J

jimmytheduck

When lights are off and room temps are 62 at canopy level and the pots on the groud are reading 59 is that still optimum range? I will definatelt cut back the volume of water im feeding to see if it helps out.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
When lights are off and room temps are 62 at canopy level and the pots on the groud are reading 59 is that still optimum range? I will definatelt cut back the volume of water im feeding to see if it helps out.
Night time low of 59 is at the low end of the optimal range, but in it! You don't want to really drastically change anything that you're doing while you're in flower. Keep your pH in range, feed her and give her praise and positive vibes. Peace.

Top Bottom