• Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDGrows

BDGrows

Strain: Auto Chemdog

DWC

400w HPS enclosed hood

5gal res

Nutes: Jacks Hydro & Jacks Cal Nitrate (1:1)

Res is changed every 7 days

PH held at 5.8 – 6 (mainly 6 recently)

The problem started about 4 days ago after I cleaned and changed my res, there was a little yellowing occurring but it seems to progressing. My first thought was that it was light burn, so I moved the light, but then after doing some research I am starting to think its a Mg deficiency. Let me know what you all. Thanks for the help everyone!

P.S. I added some Cal-Mag thinking it was the issue and it doesn’t seem to of cleared up (started adding it 2 days ago so it might take longer?

-BD

BDGrows

BDGrows

http://invalid.com/a/rn1cB
http://invalid.com/a/dqjzV
Heres the photos

Irish063

Irish063

I'm having the same issue. I'm at the end of my third week of flowering. Growing in soil though. I thought it was a potassium deficiency at first after comparing it to some photo charts but the more looking I did the more I think it is a nitrogen defeciency.
It's more prominent on 4 of my plants.
I use roots organic nutes. Just the grow and bloom and I add some molasses to the feedings.
The feeding before last I left out the buddha grow. The buddha bloom only has .05 nitrogen. So I'm assuming it's that.

IMG 4717
Last edited:
BDGrows

BDGrows

The Jacks Cal Nitrate is 15-0-0 so its potent stuff... Im also using molasses so I think that might be whats causing it?

Irish063

Irish063

I don't know. Maybe. This is my first grow.

That is super potent on nitrogen but 3 weeks into flowering you shouldn't be needing that high of a concentration. Did you just start using it?
It might just be an imbalance. While I know the phosphorus I'm mollassss is helpful it still leaves no potassium in your nutrient ratio unless you are getting it from something else.

BDGrows

BDGrows

Yeah I dropped the Cal Nitrate on this res change so currently using Jacks and other supplements. After calculating my NPK ratio I came up with 1-2.8-6.29 so I am thinking that the abundance of K is locking out Mg and Ca possibly... If I drop some of my additives strength I'll end up with a 1-2-4.5 ratio which is ideal most likely?

Irish063

Irish063

Looking at Muldred chart Seamadien stickied in here K and Mg are antagonistic. So that could be a problem like you were thinking. Magnesium can cause some yellowing but mostly spotting from what I gather.
I was doing some quick reading/searching and while there's not a perfect NPK ratio it seemed like everything listed had a higher Phosphorus ratio than Potassium.
The link for your pics wouldn't open with my phone so I don't know if they look like mine or not.
Hopefully some of the others will chime in and give their thoughts.

Irish063

Irish063

Thanks mancdank, but i was saying I think it's just my phone. :) I'll have to check on the computer later.
Cheers

Last edited:
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I doubt very much is mag def as you can see the yellowing occur in middle of the plant
there are many things that can cause yellowing and its really hard to gauge, just by looking at pictures..
Or what you have done..
How fast you have switched to bloom nutes ,,
i suggest giving them a 50 / 50 mix veg n bloom nutes will help others from turning yellow
@ 3rd week you should be still on veg nutes weening it right off by end of 4th week

guymandude

guymandude

given the fact that the rest of the plant is dark green and not showing signs of Mg def, I'd say it's a minor root problem. Pick the yellowed leaves off . I get this once in a while and pretty much ignore it, as long as the new growth looks good and it's a few isolated leaves. Are you using any myco/beneficial bacteria products?

BDGrows

BDGrows

I doubt very much is mag def as you can see the yellowing occur in middle of the plant
there are many things that can cause yellowing and its really hard to gauge, just by looking at pictures..
Or what you have done..
How fast you have switched to bloom nutes ,,
i suggest giving them a 50 / 50 mix veg n bloom nutes will help others from turning yellow
@ 3rd week you should be still on veg nutes weening it right off by end of 4th week

This is my first grow so, unfortunately, it seems like I am hitting the learning curve (which is most likely going to affect overall yields it seems). What I interpreted was to switch em from veg to flower w/o the transition so I didnt have any weaning on and off period. When I changed the res week 3 I stopped my Veg nutes and started my bloom. And that's about when I started to see the issue. So my entire nutrient list is this:
Name of Sup | Gram / Gallon | NPK Ratio
Jacks Hydro | 2.5 | 5-12-26
Cal Nitrate | 2.5 | 15-0-0 => Stopped 4 weeks into bloom
Potassium Silicate | 0.25 | 0-0-32
Sea-90 | 0.25 | 0-0.01-1
Fulvic Acid | 1.0g | 0.4-0.03-1.68
Seaweed extract | 1.0tsp | 0.10-0-0.44
Ammonium Sulfate | 0.25 | 21-0-0 => First 3 weeks
Potassium Sulfate | 0.25 (reduced to 0.25g / 2 gallons RO) | 0-0-52 => remainder of flower
Powdered Cane Molasses (Raw product) | 0.25g | 0-0-1
MPK | 0.25 (reduced to 0.25g / 2 gallons RO) | 0-52-34 => Started Adding when switched to bloom
Cal-Mg Plus | 5ml | 2-0-0 => just started adding
Orca | 0.5ml | Mycorrhizae

BDGrows

BDGrows

given the fact that the rest of the plant is dark green and not showing signs of Mg def, I'd say it's a minor root problem. Pick the yellowed leaves off . I get this once in a while and pretty much ignore it, as long as the new growth looks good and it's a few isolated leaves. Are you using any myco/beneficial bacteria products?
Its possible it is root damage, I am honestly kinda rough with them when I check the pH and change the res...

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

And what was your ph ??? i personally think your adding way to much crap maybe look for a decent line of nutes with some minor additives maybe your creating some chemical change when your adding so many chemicals

Humix , fuvix grozome is a good addition look for a 1 - 1 -1 that you can use as a foilar spray but i suggest looking for a line VEG A and B and bloom A and B with calmag on the side

Least until you get good enough to play with salts or higher end nutrients

BDGrows

BDGrows

pH is on the rise but being monitored hourly to help bring it down. pH 2 hours ago was 6.2, when tested before correction it was 6.4, after correction, it is currently 5.9. I got the jacks because it was simple and easy and then upon reading further the salts were recommended to help growth along with benefits to bud development.

BDGrows

BDGrows

Well it doesnt look any better or worse today, but they are definitely smelling more fragrant and the hairs are getting longer. Ill keep ya guys posted.

-BD

BDGrows

BDGrows

Update: The leaves still havent gone back to full green but the buds are starting to grow thicker and become more fragrant. So I guess I am going to just chock this one up to root damage and learn from this first grow.

- BD

Latest posts

Top Bottom