Yellowing Plants

• Thread starter Jade
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jade

Jade

A few of my girls (Northern Lights) are yellowing but aren't ready yet. What should I do? they have enough water, sun, etc...but the leaves are yellowing even more everyday, HELP?!

Blaze

Blaze

Totally natural and normal, don't sweat it. You WANT the leaves nice and yellow when you harvest IMO, it means the plant has flushed itself.

Jade

Jade

Totally natural and normal, don't sweat it. You WANT the leaves nice and yellow when you harvest IMO, it means the plant has flushed itself.
Thanks Blaze that is totally helpful.

soserthc1

soserthc1

the popular chart .....
Mmj nutrient deficiency comparison chart

soserthc1

soserthc1

And one more thing, will my buds get yellow too?

no buds won't turn yellow they just won't dense (rock) up for you and you will be left with fluffy weed that no one wants to buy or worse bud rot or some other bud destroying issues but yellow buds are good .......look yellow
Arc

Jade

Jade

no buds won't turn yellow they just won't dense (rock) up for you and you will be left with fluffy weed that no one wants to buy or worse bud rot or some other bud destroying issues but yellow buds are good .......look yellow View attachment 346280
Thanks soserthc1. Your bud looks awesome! Do you know anything about how to make SD more dense? I mean I know SD are just naturally more airy but man, mine are like super airy...

Jade

Jade

Its a shame, I had the same problem (leaves turning yellow) with my sour og and I have premature buds, with a mix of white and yellow hairs...should of waited, wish I would have found THC farmer sooner...

Smallzz

Smallzz

every mistake in life is a possible learning experience, as long as your perspective is on track to make it that way. Like I've said before and will probably say again about a thousand times in my life, if only I had a nickel for every mistake I've made... but I try to learn from them all.

As far as what additives to use during flowering, pick someone who's work you respect on the forums and ask them what they use. It's a six of one half a dozen of the other mess with no clear answer when you start asking a bunch of growers about what the "best" of anything is to use for growing.

I'd personally recommend asking Seamaiden. She knows a metric fuckton about growing outdoors.

soserthc1

soserthc1

A few of my girls (Northern Lights) are yellowing but aren't ready yet. What should I do? they have enough water, sun, etc...but the leaves are yellowing even more everyday, HELP?!

Actually I should of read your post more clearly yellowing of outdoor plants around this time of year are naturally as all the nitro has been used up. Now as far as your buds densing up - if they are not dense by now and outside , they most likely didn't get enough sun - Don't know where your at but its to late now as Smallzz stated take it as learning experience , the weed will still be better than paying for it and again seamaiden & caregiver would be your best info on outside growing. I don't have that opportunity thou I still did it was nothing to brag about as it was hidin and sun deprived and cut to early (due to smell) except for 1 plant i left in the sun and let stay out longer

hope this help - its always a learning experience when starting and after a few runs you will know if its your thing .....

peace SoSeRtHC1

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Its a shame, I had the same problem (leaves turning yellow) with my sour og and I have premature buds, with a mix of white and yellow hairs...should of waited, wish I would have found THC farmer sooner...

? How sure are you that they're premature? I rarely am able to take any OD lady when she's completely stopped producing white pistils. That doesn't necessarily mean they're immature, though.

Also, that airiness is fine, I wouldn't worry about. Honestly, when I'm handed buds that are like rocks, I find myself wondering about them, I don't think that's something that really occurs naturally with all strains, I think it's forced (especially because I've never been able to achieve it..? Yep, I confess). So hard that I can't break them apart by hand, I think somethin's wrong. But, some time in a vacuum-sealed bag can tighten 'em up, if you like. ;)

Jade

Jade

? How sure are you that they're premature? I rarely am able to take any OD lady when she's completely stopped producing white pistils. That doesn't necessarily mean they're immature, though.

Also, that airiness is fine, I wouldn't worry about. Honestly, when I'm handed buds that are like rocks, I find myself wondering about them, I don't think that's something that really occurs naturally with all strains, I think it's forced (especially because I've never been able to achieve it..? Yep, I confess). So hard that I can't break them apart by hand, I think somethin's wrong. But, some time in a vacuum-sealed bag can tighten 'em up, if you like. ;)
Thanks Seamaiden! Your awesome I'm gonna try to get some pictures up for you =)...

Smallzz

Smallzz

definitely have to agree with Sea on the tight buds. If you're growing outdoor in soil and not some trick hydro setup, airiness to a degree is to be expected, unless someone's using some sort of chemical that I wouldn't want to be smoking anyway. It's also really strain dependent, something like cheese or something in that family (uk, blue, etc etc) is apparently a strain that finishes outdoor a lot like it does indoor. Sour D on the other hand, I've seen it come airy to a degree from indoor hydro setups as well.

A good trim job and being packed correctly in a bowl makes a world of difference too. I'm anti-automatic trimmers since they always do a halfass job.

Jade

Jade

Here are some pictures, I can't tell if they are premature, what are your guy's thoughts?All outdoor, I was thinking I should have waited a little longer to harvest...?
The first picture is Mr. Nice, SD (but I'm thinking its mixed because it has a fruity almost pineapple smell) and Sour OG.

NICE
SD
SOG
Camdawg

Camdawg

Good sour d never looks that good. Same with some ogs. Outdoor isn't going to be as dense due to waning light as the day ends. It doesn't just turn off like indoor.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I think that's some fine lookin buds btw. send samples down south all the early outties down here have had no nose or looked like swag so far this year

Top Bottom