Yellowing Veins and Failing Seedlings

• Thread starter Stugots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MegaStoner420

MegaStoner420

I’ve tried 50/50 distilled/natural spring water. It would usually be around 100-150 ppm. Different variations of this as well. I have a bubbler to aerate the water I’d be feeding.
Right on bro, sounds like you have a hell of a set up

Stugots

Stugots

Odds are if the medium has nutes already in it and you give them nutes on top of it it could be nutrient burn but im leaning towards maybe a deficiency or toxicity, try using Cal-Mag.
I’ve started seedlings in base pro-mix hp. And this is the result. I mix some base HP with some worm castings, this is the result. I pre water with some nutrients like you’re saying, 1/4 strength style, and this is the result.

MegaStoner420

MegaStoner420

I’ve started seedlings in base pro-mix hp. And this is the result. I mix some base HP with some worm castings, this is the result. I pre water with some nutrients like you’re saying, 1/4 strength style, and this is the result.
Hmmm i am dumbfounded lol where did you get your seeds? What strain is it if you don't mind me asking?

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I see you had a successful outdoor grow, was that the same seeds? The same medium?

Stugots

Stugots

If you are watering with water that has a pH between 6.5 and 7.2 and a ppm under 200 and they do that in peat pellets, then i am stumped. I would not blame the seeds. They are clearly trying like hell.

Just looks like lockout to me.
My outdoor grow using pro-mix hp I was putting 5.7-6.2 in, and getting around 6.3-6.5 out. It was working well.... my indoors however never got the memo. Whether I give it extreme 5.0 or 8.1 (my tap water), it’s still the same sad seedling.
69C0E926 18B5 4231 B129 DA0E273DA2C4

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Again, if it is not a pH problem then I have no idea. The medium is fine. The light is fine. I am assuming temp is fine? There are really only so many things it could be.

It could be you have a particularly finicky strain, but idk.

Again, it looks like nutes are getting locked out. Something is not getting absorbed. The most likely reason for this is pH.

Idk what else to say.

Stugots

Stugots

Hmmm i am dumbfounded lol where did you get your seeds? What strain is it if you don't mind me asking?
Bag seed, allegedly Pineapple Express. The 4 seedlings I put outside all ended up females as well. I’ve been lucky with outdoors it seems lol

MegaStoner420

MegaStoner420

Yea try to ph your water, sometimes in certain circumstances you dont have to like RO for instance but, nutrients could either lower or raise a ph and could mess it all up. I noticed that molasses lowered a PH in my water. Always PH after adding nutes to water not before because of what could happen

Stugots

Stugots

Again, if it is not a pH problem then I have no idea. The medium is fine. The light is fine. I am assuming temp is fine? There are really only so many things it could be.

It could be you have a particularly finicky strain, but idk.

Again, it looks like nutes are getting locked out. Something is not getting absorbed. The most likely reason for this is pH.

Idk what else to say.

Temp is around 23-24 with the light on, 21ish with the light off. Never drops below 20. During these trials I usually start with a 24/0 light schedule.
Yea I’m right there with you thinking it was ph. I’m using Root Farm ph down which I’ll be honest with you, it kinda creeps upwards after a bit. This is also why I’ve tried watering different seedlings at different ph to see a difference in the past, nadda.

I tried this MG seedling because the ph wants to be higher than pro-mix and I know several people personally who use it to grow and they’ve never touched ph in there life.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Temp is around 23-24 with the light on, 21ish with the light off. Never drops below 20. During these trials I usually start with a 24/0 light schedule.
Yea I’m right there with you thinking it was ph. I’m using Root Farm ph down which I’ll be honest with you, it kinda creeps upwards after a bit. This is also why I’ve tried watering different seedlings at different ph to see a difference in the past, nadda.

I tried this MG seedling because the ph wants to be higher than pro-mix and I know several people personally who use it to grow and they’ve never touched ph in there life.
You have a nute uptake prob of some kind, so i would let them rest a bit and give them some down time at night. Not that they need it in optimal conditions but, ya know, something is up.

You can try doing a slurry test of the soil of a seedling that looks sad. 1 part soil to 2 parts distilled water. You can look up more details on here somewhere. If the pH isn't either too high or too low then I'm just stumped.

Stugots

Stugots

Hows your airation? Do you have a fan?
Seems okay. I have a tiny oscillating fan on the ground helping them out a bit. Exhaust fan is on 4, enough to make the tent bellow.
I’ve tried using several fans hitting those bitches at all angles to dry them out as fast as possible but that’s not the way to go either. I realized that the top layer of my outdoor grow dried so fast with the sun and wind, eh why not try to dry it out with fans. No mas.

Stugots

Stugots

Yea try to ph your water, sometimes in certain circumstances you dont have to like RO for instance but, nutrients could either lower or raise a ph and could mess it all up. I noticed that molasses lowered a PH in my water. Always PH after adding nutes to water not before because of what could happen

How I would mix my noots for veg:

Potassium Silicate first, wait 1 hour(acts like a ph up)

Cal. Mag 2nd, wait 15 minutes (also a ph up? Can’t remember atm)

Micro (5-10 minutes is fine)(GH is set for 5.8 so it starts bringing ph down)

Gro+ Bloom (I would put a little less Bloom when adding Molasses)

Nectar

Molasses (don’t remember this touching ph but it for sure upped the ppm)

THEN, I would ph to 5.8-6.2 because pro-mix hp is “semi-soiless”

I maintained 500ppm max on my run-off @ 6.2-6.4 ph and they looked nice and green. If I had up-potted them sooner or stuck them in the ground they would have grown much bigger.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
How I would mix my noots for veg:

Potassium Silicate first, wait 1 hour(acts like a ph up)

Cal. Mag 2nd, wait 15 minutes (also a ph up? Can’t remember atm)

Micro (5-10 minutes is fine)(GH is set for 5.8 so it starts bringing ph down)

Gro+ Bloom (I would put a little less Bloom when adding Molasses)

Nectar

Molasses (don’t remember this touching ph but it for sure upped the ppm)

THEN, I would ph to 5.8-6.2 because pro-mix hp is “semi-soiless”

I maintained 500ppm max on my run-off @ 6.2-6.4 ph and they looked nice and green. If I had up-potted them sooner or stuck them in the ground they would have grown much bigger.
Those size plants need none of that in promix. Like legit you can just use water, maybe with cal mag, for quite a while imo.

For reference, i have seen very successful promix grows where added nutes never go above 600ppm total. And that is in bloom.

Stugots

Stugots

You have a nute uptake prob of some kind, so i would let them rest a bit and give them some down time at night. Not that they need it in optimal conditions but, ya know, something is up.

You can try doing a slurry test of the soil of a seedling that looks sad. 1 part soil to 2 parts distilled water. You can look up more details on here somewhere. If the pH isn't either too high or too low then I'm just stumped.
Right now, they are on a 20/4 schedule. Slurry test is a good idea, I’ll gladly sacrifice the monster lol. That’s the jiffy pod placed in pro-mix hp seedling.

I’ll also check the lux at that height and see what the iPhone camera says.

Stugots

Stugots

Those size plants need none of that in promix. Like legit you can just use water, maybe with cal mag, for quite a while imo.

For reference, i have seen very successful promix grows where added nutes never go above 600ppm total. And that is in bloom.

Oops, sorry to mislead you. That was my routine for my outdoors. I was just telling MegaStoner420 my routine, ph and ppm last.

And yea everywhere states what’s you’re saying is right, that’s what is so confusing to me. First 3 weeks shouldn’t need annnyyyything. As of right now, Next run only thing I’ll do differently is add some botanicare cal-mag to my distilled. Maybe I’ll try 1 in pro-mix, another in MG. I just want to see life come out of this tent

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Oops, sorry to mislead you. That was my routine for my outdoors. I was just telling MegaStoner420 my routine, ph and ppm last.

And yea everywhere states what’s you’re saying is right, that’s what is so confusing to me. First 3 weeks shouldn’t need annnyyyything. As of right now, Next run only thing I’ll do differently is add some botanicare cal-mag to my distilled. Maybe I’ll try 1 in pro-mix, another in MG. I just want to see life come out of this tent
Ah okay. Yes that sounds reasonable then.

It just has to be pH swings or an overall off pH. Can't imagine what else.

Oh and btw maybe raise the fan so it blows above the seedlings and not quite on them. Less transpiration required.

MegaStoner420

MegaStoner420

Could you possibly help me with my problem as well lol mine is starting to make me panic. On one auto all the leaves turned yellow, buds arent big but hairs already turned orange and curled in, and like two feet tall, im probably gonna get an quarter off of it. Dont want to say too much because this thread isnt mine lol sorry stugots for asking on your forum

Top Bottom