Yellowing week 4 bloom?

• Thread starter chaosinc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

distinguishing lockout caused by excess of another nute/s or a straight up deficiency is where it always gets dicey for me. the bud does give the impression of burn- i get that from the pattern at the margin and, hard to tell, but is the the closest one to the light and do you rotate plants. some nutrient deficiencies/ods increase localized photosensitivity- i think that the problem is nute based (1) sulfur, 2) iron (as mentioned above) and that the burn is a symptom thereof. Best to back the lights off as you have done. Personally, I'd prolly cut the bud out after I had the problem figured if there is burn on it.

hiboy

hiboy

Light burn no way. Mine get as close as 12" from my 1000 watters and are fine. Definitely a nute problem. Wish i could pin point it for you but i do not know. I recently received some fresh vegged plants ready to flip from my veg buddy and a few had that look. He wasnt feeding them much at all . Might be wise to cut nute strength down and just feed with a base fert. B52 is a nice supp to squirt in. Pricey but they love it
hiboy

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Light burn no way. Mine get as close as 12" from my 1000 watters and are fine. Definitely a nute problem. Wish i could pin point it for you but i do not know. I recently received some fresh vegged plants ready to flip from my veg buddy and a few had that look. He wasnt feeding them much at all . Might be wise to cut nute strength down and just feed with a base fert. B52 is a nice supp to squirt in. Pricey but they love it
hiboy
And Id have to say that the only 'no way' here is you saying no way to light burn based upon the info and what can be seen in the photo.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It does kind of resemble a sulfer def but, it also resembles a couple different def. My PPM is 6.0 and I am approx. 3ft from lights. I have cut back on Karma
Try dropping it, only give it 1x/week if you must. See what happens.

It most closely resembles an iron deficiency, and that would be the more likely culprit, especially if it's being locked out.

chaosinc

chaosinc

Try dropping it, only give it 1x/week if you must. See what happens.

It most closely resembles an iron deficiency, and that would be the more likely culprit, especially if it's being locked out.

I assume your talking about Karma? I am gonna do just that.

Thank you,
Mr. Chaos.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I didn't realize you had a 30" throw to canopy. I also didn't notice the second bud showing signs in your photo the first time around. Have to do an about face and would agree w/ Hiboy that a burn/bleach from the light source is unlikely. A nute deficiency w/ localized necrosis starting from the top?

Mn deficiency is another possibility. Do you have any nute overlap that could cause too much Mg to enter the soil?

M

Mmmmasonite

It does kind of resemble a sulfer def but, it also resembles a couple different def. My PPM is 6.0 and I am approx. 3ft from lights. I have cut back on Karma

No......PPM....Parts Per Million(strength of ur nutes)........PH is completely different. How strong have you been running ur nutes? This will tell us if it is nute burn or deficiency.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Your plant has manganese deficiency, pure and simple.
-- yellow-> white chlorosis/necrosis starting at the top w/ youngest leaves
-- dark green lower leaves w/ bluish hue

It's one of the easier deficiencies to diagnose because the typical symptoms are unique. Haven't had this problem for awhile in my grows which is why I got thrown at first. The bleaching pattern at the perimeter (between yellow/white and healthy) had me jumping to the wrong conclusion because of the similar look. The second bud showing signs, (in the first photo), was a dead giveaway that it wasn't light burn and shoulda caught Mn def 1st time around.

If you want to fix your problem, start treating for Mn deficiency. Cutting out Fe and, at least, cutting down on P for awhile for starts. The good news is that, based on your photo, the problem isn't too advanced yet but I wouldn't take my time, either. Chelated Mn is the quick fix.

T

theHERBivore

i gotta go with iron def. still ...looks like magnesium deff. but white instead of yellow and it starts from stem and works its way out. possibly sulfer since this is confused with the other to frequently.

chaosinc

chaosinc

The worst part of this is, I have no idea exactly what it is. I have had so many different ideas thrown out there but, at the end of the day I chalk it up as inexperienced enough to diagnose my own problem and fix it. Thank you everybody for your help.

Mr. Chaos.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Please share your solution and show pics of the results. If you have more than one plant w/ symptoms, why not hedge your bet?
Remember, w/ Mn def, an Fe and/or a P overdose will accelerate the problem and likely kill the plant in time. Hope it works out for you and I *sincerely* mean that.

chaosinc

chaosinc

Ok, so I flushed again tonight as yellowing has continued. I have 7 per table in 3gal pots the table that is the worst I flushed 6 of them ppm was 1300 and change yesterday was last day of week 5 @ 1200ppm. Table 2 not as much yellowing I flushed 5 ppm was 1700 and change. Again, I chalk it up as inexperienced enough to know for sure what it is so flushed added a small amount of nutes (dropping calmag and cutting karma in half) now at 1150 ppm and prayed to baby jesus.

Mr.Chaos.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Revitalizing a plant or a grow is a difficult process and all to often those asking for advice get frustrated and disappear when things don't immediately and miraculously turn around. That's unfortunate for everyone involved, because that's where the learning is. This won't help you much, being in the middle of it right now, but fixing and trying to turn around my screw-ups, (sometimes unsuccessfully) taught me more about my plants and their mechanics than what I learned from most of the books that I read. Keep on trucking, buddy. We're pulling for you.

chaosinc

chaosinc

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Revitalizing a plant or a grow is a difficult process and all to often those asking for advice get frustrated and disappear when things don't immediately and miraculously turn around. That's unfortunate for everyone involved, because that's where the learning is. This won't help you much, being in the middle of it right now, but fixing and trying to turn around my screw-ups, (sometimes unsuccessfully) taught me more about my plants and their mechanics than what I learned from most of the books that I read. Keep on trucking, buddy. We're pulling for you.

Thank you my friend. I agree! It is all a learning process and as much as you want to give up you will get nowhere doing that so I'm in it to win it.

Peace,
Mr. Chaos.

F

farmerRay

i think the vitamin b and the salt spray was some of the best info given. incase you didnt know sulfer converts to vitamin b

M

Mmmmasonite

Ok, so I flushed again tonight as yellowing has continued. I have 7 per table in 3gal pots the table that is the worst I flushed 6 of them ppm was 1300 and change yesterday was last day of week 5 @ 1200ppm. Table 2 not as much yellowing I flushed 5 ppm was 1700 and change. Again, I chalk it up as inexperienced enough to know for sure what it is so flushed added a small amount of nutes (dropping calmag and cutting karma in half) now at 1150 ppm and prayed to baby jesus.

Mr.Chaos.

Dude .....your ppms are waaaaaay too high....1700? That's nuts!..... I run 800 ppms in week 6 and 1100 tops when I am really blastin em at the end of week 7!! .....That is the problem right there...This thread is kinda old so....what happened?

chaosinc

chaosinc

PPMs did get hella high. I think I am going to go back to a light flush once every other week as I had in the past. On a good note, the yellowing stayed pretty much contained to the couple bitches and everything else is looking good I am now one week from chopping. Thank you for all the input I received from everybody I learned some valuable info.

Peace.
Mr. Chaos.

Top Bottom