Yeti leaf mutation. Never seen this before.

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trip8

Never had it on any other plants but i ran a cut of cherry pie that would occasionally exhibit those same mutations, especially the tiny underdeveloped center blade. i only saw the forked mutation once though in two years. ive seen this mentioned on one of the other forums as a way to tell which cp cut you have...i.e. the mutant leaf cut

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Then its final. My Cherry Pie cut is now considered the Platinum Mutant cut AKA the "Silver Surfer Cut". keep your eyes out for this one!

IMG 20131002 201137 938

kinda blurry but u can see the irregular sized leafs. and if you can notice, it looks like a chunk is missing out of the fan leaf on the bottom of the pic. its from a mutation - i figured this was due to a small stress situation which it was under going, maybe thats when this trait really shines.

and the best one yet:
IMG 20131005 185528 008

iCultivate

iCultivate

Whoa, mega funky! If only the buds would grow like that too. ;)

-- iCultivate --

tweedy

tweedy

Anyone who has tried the Yeti F1's, which flower shape is more indicative of mom or dad? I have no camera at the moment so hopefully describing them is enough. Most are a rounded, definitely "golf ball" kind of bud and one is alone in it's structure and is more tear dropped in nature. The tear drop one is leagues beyond the others in height/internode spacing as well and the golf balls are squatter with closer stacking.

Any help is certainly appreciated! I'll try to get a camera and get pictures up to give a better idea.

tweedy

tweedy

Also, @loompa and @Oom pah pah , which parent is the pickier eater? There is a consistent burn issue among some of the phenotypes I run when you introduce too many humics and I'm curious if it's one of the parents that is just like "ahhhh fuck this! fuck you!" because not all of the plants do it on the same feeding schedule.

Amber

Amber

View attachment 376681

whatcha think about that!?!

this is from my Cherry Pie ive been running

im thinking this type of deformity was caused by stress when the leaf was in early development. not sure if this type of deformity is strain dependant or not, i recently had a root aphid problem cuz i got lazy on teas... this is what i believe to be stress caused by them. it also happend to one other plant as wello_O
It looks reptilian.

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
You know I was going to say it before but didn't . I've seen lots of mutations in my day . Well not lots but several. When I do see them , it seems to be when I'm pushing the boundaries of what a particular cultivar can take . Plants are alwAys healthy and vibrant and bam. Freaky Francesca over in the corner says that's enough. Whether it's a leaf mutation, calyxes where they don't belong on a leaf somewhere etc. I'm not sure if it's a particular nutrient that brings out the freaks or if a certain hormone acts up when the plant gets to a certain level of "health" . Just a trend I've noticed take it with a grain of salt.

@tweedy ... As far as humics go . You can burn any plant with too much nutrient and humics

tweedy

tweedy

You know I was going to say it before but didn't . I've seen lots of mutations in my day . Well not lots but several. When I do see them , it seems to be when I'm pushing the boundaries of what a particular cultivar can take . Plants are alwAys healthy and vibrant and bam. Freaky Francesca over in the corner says that's enough. Whether it's a leaf mutation, calyxes where they don't belong on a leaf somewhere etc. I'm not sure if it's a particular nutrient that brings out the freaks or if a certain hormone acts up when the plant gets to a certain level of "health" . Just a trend I've noticed take it with a grain of salt.

@tweedy ... As far as humics go . You can burn any plant with too much nutrient and humics
I understand you can burn any plant, but that is why I was asking which was pickier. I am running F1's and I assume that they would either eat like mom, eat like dad, or eat like a hybrid of the two. So when this is happening to a 3 out of 10 that are all similarly structured I am just trying to figure out what is what. No disrespect meant, but an actual grow log from a Loompa representative would be nice for those of us trying to find keepers. I get "they're all going to be good" but some more pics of Loompa grown Yeti's would be nice :)

I totally understand about the mutation comment, these are getting beat on by a 1000 and sitting in a solo cup, not going to say that they aren't being "pushed". I don't think this mutation is bad, I do think it's genetic and not environmental though, this plant is the second of about 20 yeti's that I've ran that have shown the same mutation.

tweedy

tweedy

So science experiment, breeding the two that have the "snake tounge" to see if it pops up in offspring. Also, revegging the male and things look promising so @loompa, let me know if it interests you. Have a bit of pollen left over from it as well. If this is skirting TOU to closely I apologize and just want the creator to get a chance to meet one of his kids if he so chooses :)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Sounds real interesting! I will tune in for sure!
So science experiment, breeding the two that have the "snake tounge" to see if it pops up in offspring. Also, revegging the male and things look promising so @loompa, let me know if it interests you. Have a bit of pollen left over from it as well. If this is skirting TOU to closely I apologize and just want the creator to get a chance to meet one of his kids if he so chooses :)

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
No offense taken at all and don't mind me if I come off harsh . People always take me the wrong way. Part of my east coast upbringing is all I guess.
As far as feeding . The Underdog is a heavy feeder high p, k, ca, mg tolerance. I'm not sure why you're getting the burning but I'd wager it's because you're in solo cups and plants don't like to be fed heavy after being very dry . Treat those ladies well Get those things transplanted

tweedy

tweedy

No offense taken at all and don't mind me if I come off harsh . People always take me the wrong way. Part of my east coast upbringing is all I guess.
As far as feeding . The Underdog is a heavy feeder high p, k, ca, mg tolerance. I'm not sure why you're getting the burning but I'd wager it's because you're in solo cups and plants don't like to be fed heavy after being very dry . Treat those ladies well Get those things transplanted
Totally understand. My folks are out in Baltimore so I've been getting used to the east coast thing. WA all my life so it's a stark change but much appreciated, we are far too passive up here sometimes and in the wrong ways.

Good to know, that just helped a lot actually. I am pretty sure I have my keeper. I have a couple of other yeti's but this new one is absolutely killing it in flower formation and eats quite well.

The burning has always been with the same products (GH Subculture M and B)and on similar phenos. Good looking out on the solo cups and watering issues though, money has been incredibly tight (2 year old kid and I don't sell my herb) so I'm burning through these to make myself some F2's to pick through and actually just did 12/12 from seed.

I know, sacrilege, I apologize if I offend anyone with my practices but after seeing Ir0nlung's solo cup adventure I figured I might be able to actually pull it off for my purposes. :)

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
Talk about stress . A solo cup isn't big enough for a rooted clone IMO . Best of luck but that is not gonna be easy to pull off without any hiccups. I'd cut up a milk jug or something if funds are tight . You got the veal tech going .

tweedy

tweedy

Talk about stress . A solo cup isn't big enough for a rooted clone IMO . Best of luck but that is not gonna be easy to pull off without any hiccups. I'd cut up a milk jug or something if funds are tight . You got the veal tech going .
Agreed. They're chugging right along so let that be a testament to the quality of Loompa Genetics :) They are in 1 gallons now though, just solo cups until they showed sex.

Top Bottom