Yielding Questions

• Thread starter Robert Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert Gray

I'm new to growing, and just trying to figure out where I'm at as far as yielding. I hear a lot of people say "2.3 pounds a light" and so on and so forth. But that doesn't really give me a general idea where to place my yield in a good or bad category.
(I run LED so I have more lights than most HPS people, so it's hard to come up with a pound per light average)

So my question --- how much are you guys pulling off a plant?

Prefer comments from soil growers, but just for curiousity sake hydro comments are welcome as well.

Thanks for your time, and feedback.

cannabeans

cannabeans

But that doesn't really give me a general idea where to place my yield in a good or bad category.

I will say this... There are MANY factors when trying to determine yield.
My advice would be this...
Don't worry about other people... Do the best YOU can do, and over time ( like with most skills and crafts) YOU will develop skills and know how all on your on accord. You will win some.. You will lose some.. Its all good, It has happened to the best of us, and will probably happen again.....Good luck !

R

rascali

in all reality, high production "bragging rights" runs are ever so rarely quality bud, so it is a poor comparator for any one not named Cash.
that said, for quantity it's not per plant - because that is inefficient. for big yields you're generally working topped plants in a modern-world sea of green. individual plants may only be a few ounces.here the language is grams per watt, or grams per square foot.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When I was a new grower I averaged about 2 oz dry per plant with 4 plants in 3 gal. pots in a 4x4 tent.

3 years later with practice and the same seeds and strains I average 2-3 x that amount in the same space with the same lights, pots nutes soil etc.

But with a few extra weeks in veg as I have learned to manage the plants better.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm new to growing, and just trying to figure out where I'm at as far as yielding. I hear a lot of people say "2.3 pounds a light" and so on and so forth. But that doesn't really give me a general idea where to place my yield in a good or bad category.
(I run LED so I have more lights than most HPS people, so it's hard to come up with a pound per light average)

So my question --- how much are you guys pulling off a plant?

Prefer comments from soil growers, but just for curiousity sake hydro comments are welcome as well.

Thanks for your time, and feedback.
Some 28 grams a plant
Some 100 grams per square meter

All depends on the strain you growing.

Then there are strains that grow 15-20 feet tall then the yield is pounds of buds per plant

Top Bottom