Yooper kush

• Thread starter ohthatguy8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Ok here they are in the flower room. These are 3 of the 4.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

So unless I'm crazy I'm sittin on 4 males. So the plan changes for me. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to flower out the best one. Ill keep everyone updated as well as some pics of the males.

619ster

619ster

How do you know/figure out which is the best one?

I've selected males from veg before, as well as females. I'm usually on point when choosing a female, it ends up being the keeper as hoped. But recently, had to get rid of 2 out of 3 ladies, and chose my "best" one as I usually do (but still flower all phenos). Turns out she wasn't all that lol. Makes me wonder what the other 2 had to offer. I usually flower out all phenos but this time was different. And with males I never flower all males. So makes me wonder if sometimes the "best" male chosen isn't really the best? And that's without even getting in to progeny lol. My bad man just Iree and mind is running wild lol.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

How do you know/figure out which is the best one?

I've selected males from veg before, as well as females. I'm usually on point when choosing a female, it ends up being the keeper as hoped. But recently, had to get rid of 2 out of 3 ladies, and chose my "best" one as I usually do (but still flower all phenos). Turns out she wasn't all that lol. Makes me wonder what the other 2 had to offer. I usually flower out all phenos but this time was different. And with males I never flower all males. So makes me wonder if sometimes the "best" male chosen isn't really the best? And that's without even getting in to progeny lol. My bad man just Iree and mind is running wild lol.
Good morning, well these are all good points. I'm no expert as I have only kept 4 males previously. And of the 4 I only kept/used pollen from 1 (valley ghash). So the criteria I use is smell if there is no smell I don't waste time. Also I look at plant structure specific to how I grow. I scrog my plants so I keep males that the branches all come up even with the top of the plant. That's the first criteria when sex is identified. After that I look at the clusters and look for any trichs as that's a good sign. Progeny testing is the only real test as all of the visual traits may not be dominant. I've read as much as possible from Nevil and shanti as well as I've asked mota some specific questions. I am curious about reversing a male to see what It has to offer is cool to me but out of my realm right now due to numbers. I only make seeds so I can preserve the plants I feel are worthy. So I only hit my sour og, blueberry, and I'm gonna hit this Valley G. Well I actually did hit valley g but I don't know if I was to late.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Well I'm trying to get some rebels up and running. They're tough nuts to crack I threw 6 in paper towels 3 days ago. 2 germed so far and have been thrown in rw cubes. I think lbl male makes some tough beans. When I started my first valley g seeds 3 days in I started beans of a differen strain cuz i had given up on them. I still have 4 beans of yooper and 4 of rebel so if they don't germ (I think they will) ill start more.

I didn't scuff these but I will next time. I always put them on my tongue for a min first I read years ago that saliva softened the shell. Has worked well

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Well I chopped the male. He was ready to drop pollen. No trichs showed up. He was fast flowering but not gettin used. He's in the garbage but it didn't hurt to look

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Also I helped a friend get up and running so I started him some seeds. I wouldn't give him anything but commercially available beans so he has 5 Tahoe og to grow. Ill take cuts from any females. Figured what the hell gets me thru my bean stock.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

20140710 110136
20140710 110149
Here's a look at yooper kush. I can't believe how much this plant stacks. I flowered this plant from a 10" clone no veg. she is probably 28" tall now. Seems to me like these buds Will be pretty dam dense. I think she wants 70 days. Not this time tho.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Good luck on your hunt I'll take pics at the chop.
Im excited to get these going. Just picked up a pack from the Mi Cup. Ill be sure to keep up with the thread and see how it goes.
The yooper pheno I am running is my favorite herb i have grown this year, hands down i would smoke it all day every day if i had enough of it. Great herb. Can't wait to run her proper.
I smoked with Andy today and he's not exaggerating great kush flavor on his pheno

Bomber420

Bomber420

Good luck on your hunt I'll take pics at the chop.

I smoked with Andy today and he's not exaggerating great kush flavor on his pheno
Thats good to hear I would hope its kushy with the sfv n tahoe. How many known phenos are there?

Top Bottom