You favourite simple soil recipe?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I don't have a favorite soil mix. I'm still pretty new to indoor growing, so I'm still trying different soils and mixtures. I used Miracle Grow for my first grow and soon learned that that was a poor choice. For the second, I used FF Happy Frog mixed with rice hulls. I now have decided I prefer a soil with more nutrients, so I bought FF Ocean Forest for my third grow. I plan to amend with rice hulls again. I'm not really sure what a good ratio of soil to rice hulls would be. My first mix was about 80/20 and it seemed okay. I prefer rice hulls to perlite for their organic value. I have used FF nutrients and will do so again for my third grow.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

manure, peat, lava or pumice, ammendments you can afford starting with lime and gypsum........there was even a hella boss outdoor lady on here @Greatlakes i think sumthin like that. pure aged manure and some lime and gypsum. grew some sicker dan frack plants....

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

My current go to mix for autos and photos 40% worm casting/compost, 40% peat, 20% perlite
Amendments:
Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4
3 tablespoons per gallon ,
Azomite 2 tablespoon per gallon ,
seabird guano 1 tablespoon per gallon
**Top dress in flower with gaia green power bloom 2-8-4 and seabird guano**
1-tablespoons per gallon
Water when dry organic grow , so far super good results watering when dry, compost teas every week once a week for microbe 🦠 boost ✌️Happyreefing
184B361C 4EC6 48B6 B49C 27BECE2C9404

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Well for me I tend to make my soil in advance if I am running out. But I live by lake Erie so I collect 3gallon of shell off the beach then I collect about 3gallons of leaf mold(I collect from different places by the lake bogg)to that I add 1part worm castings 2part peat moss 1 part coco with perlite 1 part perlite that generally fill up my tote in the garage I will add 3 cups of dr.earth and about 100 worms and I let them work. After a month I start adding shake and dried up leafs for the worms to eat. I like my soil to sit a minimum of 90days. That my indoor blend that also ends up outside because I keep up sizing my pots 🤣 this year I am going from 20gallon to 30😉

oosik

oosik

For outdoor I use 10 gallons of shifted dirt using a plastic milk crate. I add 2 bags of cow manure from home Depot and 2 bags of Fox farm ocean. I add a little bone mill and perlite. I mix it up in my 10 gallon yard wagon.

J

jimmymac25

My local grow shop makes a badass supersoil. They list what's in it, and it's quite extensive. It's 50 bucks for a big bag of it. I just add recharge, fishshit and photosynthesis plus. Water at 6.2.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Is this only for organic grows or synth nutes also ?
Both will work. Organic compounds break up in to the same basic elements found in hydroponic nutrients
I would hoewever change the basic recipe depending which ill be working with mostly

mrsdabfire

mrsdabfire

Supporter
Basic Soil Mix
The basic soil mix is one of the easiest and most affordable soil recipes for growing cannabis. It's a simple combination of peat moss, perlite, and compost. This soil mix provides excellent drainage, moisture retention, and nutrient-rich soil for your cannabis plants.

Peat moss is an excellent source of moisture retention, while perlite improves drainage and aeration. Compost, on the other hand, adds essential nutrients to the soil and helps improve soil structure. To make the basic soil mix, mix equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and compost.

Coco Coir Mix
Coco coir is a popular alternative to peat moss in soil mixes. It's an environmentally friendly, renewable resource made from the fibrous husk of the coconut. Coco coir provides excellent water retention and aeration, making it an ideal choice for cannabis growers.

To make a coco coir mix, mix equal parts of coco coir, perlite, and compost. This soil mix is perfect for cannabis plants that require a lot of water but also need good drainage.

Super Soil Mix
The super soil mix is a pre-fertilized soil mix that provides all the nutrients a cannabis plant needs throughout its lifecycle. It's a popular choice among organic growers who want to avoid using chemical fertilizers.

To make a super soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
1/2 part bone meal
1/2 part blood meal
1/2 part fish meal
1/2 part kelp meal
1/2 part rock phosphate
This soil mix provides an abundance of nutrients to the cannabis plants, making it a cost-effective option in the long run. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to maximize the growth and yield of their plants.

Living Soil Mix
The living soil mix is a soil mix that contains a complex ecosystem of microorganisms, fungi, and bacteria that work together to create a healthy soil environment for cannabis plants. This soil recipe is a popular choice among organic growers who want to mimic the natural growing environment of cannabis plants.

To make a living soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss or coco coir
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1/2 part vermiculite
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part humus
1/4 cup of rock dust per cubic foot of soil
This soil mix requires less maintenance than traditional soil mixes because the microorganisms in the soil help to break down organic matter, releasing nutrients to the plants over time. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to cultivate their plants in an all-natural and sustainable way.

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

My recipe:

1 bag of promix hp
1 tiny little sharp object
A couple dirty fingers

Step 1: poke hole in bag of promix hp with tiny little sharp object

Step 2: shove 2 dirty fingers of your choice into the hole and tear open the bag.

Step 3: pour the bag out into your pot(s)of choice.Make sure you don't overfill and pour soil into your carpet as worms will take up residence in your home.

Step 4: plant dem seeds in dat medi-yum yum

simonkay

simonkay

Basic Soil Mix
The basic soil mix is one of the easiest and most affordable soil recipes for growing cannabis. It's a simple combination of peat moss, perlite, and compost. This soil mix provides excellent drainage, moisture retention, and nutrient-rich soil for your cannabis plants.

Peat moss is an excellent source of moisture retention, while perlite improves drainage and aeration. Compost, on the other hand, adds essential nutrients to the soil and helps improve soil structure. To make the basic soil mix, mix equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and compost.

Coco Coir Mix
Coco coir is a popular alternative to peat moss in soil mixes. It's an environmentally friendly, renewable resource made from the fibrous husk of the coconut. Coco coir provides excellent water retention and aeration, making it an ideal choice for cannabis growers.

To make a coco coir mix, mix equal parts of coco coir, perlite, and compost. This soil mix is perfect for cannabis plants that require a lot of water but also need good drainage.

Super Soil Mix
The super soil mix is a pre-fertilized soil mix that provides all the nutrients a cannabis plant needs throughout its lifecycle. It's a popular choice among organic growers who want to avoid using chemical fertilizers.

To make a super soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
1/2 part bone meal
1/2 part blood meal
1/2 part fish meal
1/2 part kelp meal
1/2 part rock phosphate
This soil mix provides an abundance of nutrients to the cannabis plants, making it a cost-effective option in the long run. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to maximize the growth and yield of their plants.

Living Soil Mix
The living soil mix is a soil mix that contains a complex ecosystem of microorganisms, fungi, and bacteria that work together to create a healthy soil environment for cannabis plants. This soil recipe is a popular choice among organic growers who want to mimic the natural growing environment of cannabis plants.

To make a living soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss or coco coir
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1/2 part vermiculite
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part humus
1/4 cup of rock dust per cubic foot of soil
This soil mix requires less maintenance than traditional soil mixes because the microorganisms in the soil help to break down organic matter, releasing nutrients to the plants over time. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to cultivate their plants in an all-natural and sustainable way.
If i follow the living soil mix recipe can I plant sprouted seedlings into them straight away? Most my medium is moist, would you recommend saturating them a day before or just water a lightly when transplanting. Tia 🙏✌️

Top Bottom