You favourite simple soil recipe?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DelmarvaClones

I've had great results using Coast Of Maine Stonington Blend with a little added perlite. If I'm mixing something up I use Promix, Perlite and Earthworm Castings. Then I just add dry amendments as needed.

7munkee

7munkee

SOIL
one part castings/compost

one part pumice/perlite/lava rock

one part peat

To this mix I add per cubic foot of soil

3 cups of rockdust

1 cup of gypsum

1/2 cup neem seed meal

1/2 cup kelp meal

1/2 cup crustacean meal

1/2 cup malted barley

Add 10% by volume water and some worms. Wait a week and plant. you keep this forever adding only seed meal between grows.

I am on my third cycle with this mix and I only added 2 cups of seed meal and 2 cups castings.

Water only from seed to harvest. This is my current grow. Bruce Banner 2.0 on the right and Knows Candy on the left.

IMG 20230314 145231

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Is this good for say using synth nutes or strictly organic

If you just use the Soil Mix (ProMix + Perlite + EWC) it works for both. If you add in the 4-4-4 it can still work for both, you'll just have to have a good grasp of when the 4-4-4 is starting to run out and you'll need to switch to salts.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I do an organic soil grow.
My soil mix is as follows:
One large bag of Happy Frog.
8 quarts of worm castings.
Five quarts of mushroom compost.
Eight quarts of organic perlite.
One and three fourths cups of Dr Earth Flower Girl Bloom Booster.
Seaweed molasses and a kelp based feed all through veg and flower.
For seedlings straight Happy Frog. Soil can be reused by reamending just using less perlite each time it’s remixed.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I just started using something totally new to me.
Promix BX
Harvest Hero Enhanced Perlite mix
Gaia green.

I put 20 gallons of BX in 30 gallon tote, added 1.5 cups of gaia green 444, and 6-7 gallons of perlite. Mixed it all up and am letting it sit for 3 weeks before planting in it.

Not sure how its gonna work out but i will see, i have high hopes for it in all honesty.

S

Stonemason7767

SOIL
one part castings/compost

one part pumice/perlite/lava rock

one part peat

To this mix I add per cubic foot of soil

3 cups of rockdust

1 cup of gypsum

1/2 cup neem seed meal

1/2 cup kelp meal

1/2 cup crustacean meal

1/2 cup malted barley

Add 10% by volume water and some worms. Wait a week and plant. you keep this forever adding only seed meal between grows.

I am on my third cycle with this mix and I only added 2 cups of seed meal and 2 cups castings.

Water only from seed to harvest. This is my current grow. Bruce Banner 2.0 on the right and Knows Candy on the left.

View attachment 1340521
Looks great.

E

elusiveshame

Basic Soil Mix
The basic soil mix is one of the easiest and most affordable soil recipes for growing cannabis. It's a simple combination of peat moss, perlite, and compost. This soil mix provides excellent drainage, moisture retention, and nutrient-rich soil for your cannabis plants.

Peat moss is an excellent source of moisture retention, while perlite improves drainage and aeration. Compost, on the other hand, adds essential nutrients to the soil and helps improve soil structure. To make the basic soil mix, mix equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and compost.

Coco Coir Mix
Coco coir is a popular alternative to peat moss in soil mixes. It's an environmentally friendly, renewable resource made from the fibrous husk of the coconut. Coco coir provides excellent water retention and aeration, making it an ideal choice for cannabis growers.

To make a coco coir mix, mix equal parts of coco coir, perlite, and compost. This soil mix is perfect for cannabis plants that require a lot of water but also need good drainage.

Super Soil Mix
The super soil mix is a pre-fertilized soil mix that provides all the nutrients a cannabis plant needs throughout its lifecycle. It's a popular choice among organic growers who want to avoid using chemical fertilizers.

To make a super soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
1/2 part bone meal
1/2 part blood meal
1/2 part fish meal
1/2 part kelp meal
1/2 part rock phosphate
This soil mix provides an abundance of nutrients to the cannabis plants, making it a cost-effective option in the long run. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to maximize the growth and yield of their plants.

Living Soil Mix
The living soil mix is a soil mix that contains a complex ecosystem of microorganisms, fungi, and bacteria that work together to create a healthy soil environment for cannabis plants. This soil recipe is a popular choice among organic growers who want to mimic the natural growing environment of cannabis plants.

To make a living soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss or coco coir
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1/2 part vermiculite
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part humus
1/4 cup of rock dust per cubic foot of soil
This soil mix requires less maintenance than traditional soil mixes because the microorganisms in the soil help to break down organic matter, releasing nutrients to the plants over time. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to cultivate their plants in an all-natural and sustainable way.

Your coir mix is exactly what I use for my raised beds for veggies and fruits 🤘

oosik

oosik

I just started using something totally new to me.
Promix BX
Harvest Hero Enhanced Perlite mix
Gaia green.

I put 20 gallons of BX in 30 gallon tote, added 1.5 cups of gaia green 444, and 6-7 gallons of perlite. Mixed it all up and am letting it sit for 3 weeks before planting in it.

Not sure how its gonna work out but i will see, i have high hopes for it in all honesty.
That sounds like a lot perlite. But, I am not an expert. I know if you use to much the water will just run through the soil.

oosik

oosik

How long after you you mix your soil can you let it sit? I will be transferring my plants 3 to 4 weeks from now in 1 gallon container.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

How long after you you mix your soil can you let it sit? I will be transferring my plants 3 to 4 weeks from now in 1 gallon container.
Mine will have been sitting for 3 weeks when i transplant Wednesday.

oosik

oosik

here is my list of seeds that were germinated and planted that did not sprout. the first number is the total seeds i had the second is the ones that did not sprout.
badazz cookies 3; 2 did not
tomahawk 20 3 did not
white ? 40 16 did not
critical 12 6 did not
og kush 20 14 did not
special queen 5 3 did not
white widow auto 20 5 did not

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

49 of 120 didnt pop?? Thats not good at all.
What mehod do you use for germination?

simonkay

simonkay

Basic Soil Mix
The basic soil mix is one of the easiest and most affordable soil recipes for growing cannabis. It's a simple combination of peat moss, perlite, and compost. This soil mix provides excellent drainage, moisture retention, and nutrient-rich soil for your cannabis plants.

Peat moss is an excellent source of moisture retention, while perlite improves drainage and aeration. Compost, on the other hand, adds essential nutrients to the soil and helps improve soil structure. To make the basic soil mix, mix equal parts of peat moss, perlite, and compost.

Coco Coir Mix
Coco coir is a popular alternative to peat moss in soil mixes. It's an environmentally friendly, renewable resource made from the fibrous husk of the coconut. Coco coir provides excellent water retention and aeration, making it an ideal choice for cannabis growers.

To make a coco coir mix, mix equal parts of coco coir, perlite, and compost. This soil mix is perfect for cannabis plants that require a lot of water but also need good drainage.

Super Soil Mix
The super soil mix is a pre-fertilized soil mix that provides all the nutrients a cannabis plant needs throughout its lifecycle. It's a popular choice among organic growers who want to avoid using chemical fertilizers.

To make a super soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
1/2 part bone meal
1/2 part blood meal
1/2 part fish meal
1/2 part kelp meal
1/2 part rock phosphate
This soil mix provides an abundance of nutrients to the cannabis plants, making it a cost-effective option in the long run. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to maximize the growth and yield of their plants.

Living Soil Mix
The living soil mix is a soil mix that contains a complex ecosystem of microorganisms, fungi, and bacteria that work together to create a healthy soil environment for cannabis plants. This soil recipe is a popular choice among organic growers who want to mimic the natural growing environment of cannabis plants.

To make a living soil mix, mix the following ingredients:

1 part peat moss or coco coir
1 part compost
1 part perlite
1/2 part vermiculite
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part humus
1/4 cup of rock dust per cubic foot of soil
This soil mix requires less maintenance than traditional soil mixes because the microorganisms in the soil help to break down organic matter, releasing nutrients to the plants over time. It's perfect for cannabis growers who want to cultivate their plants in an all-natural and sustainable way.
With living soil containing rock dust , can I use ro water with 40ppm or should i use pond water at 200ppm. Im still tryna figure the balance of minerals in water and worried ro would cause deficiencies and how important would ph of water be. Tia ✌️ 🙏

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

With living soil containing rock dust , can I use ro water with 40ppm or should i use pond water at 200ppm. Im still tryna figure the balance of minerals in water and worried ro would cause deficiencies and how important would ph of water be. Tia ✌️ 🙏
Pond water 😉 IMHO is a better choice rain water would be my first choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom